Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bored at Work Mock ***UPDATED WITH PICS AND DEPTH CHART***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebriguy90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Bored at Work Mock ***UPDATED WITH PICS AND DEPTH CHART*** Reply with quote

Just a quick hit on what I believe could happen: (NO TRADES INCLUDED)

1(14) - Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee

An absolute BEAST at DE. He will help bring depth and production to an already scary front seven. It's also worth noting that he broke the sack record at Tennessee which was previously held by Eagles legend Reggie White.

2(43) - Sidney Jones, CB Washington

Was easily a top 15 talent before tearing his ACL at his Pro-day. He will come in and start immediately hopefully forming a dynamic duo for years with our next pick...

3 (99) - Howard Wilson, CB Houston

Tough, tenacious and scrappy. That's what a lot of scouts have noted about him. I believe with some coaching he could be a steal here, but will sit back a bit in year one to develop.

4 (118) - James Conner, RB Pittsburgh

The Eagles have been linked to him saying they "really like" him. I personally agree with them. Wendell is the shifty small back, so I say go get this kid to be the bruiser. And not for nothing, but the last two RB's we picked from Pitt. turned out as good players (Lesean McCoy, Dion Lewis).

4 (139) - Ryan Switzer, WR North Carolina

A "Cole Beasley" type player that can do a little bit of everything. Not someone to throw outside the numbers, but definitely a threat as a slot guy. Will also help in the return game.

5 (155) - Ryan Glasgow, DT Michigan

A man among boys at Michigan, this guy is a vicious DT. He has a pitbull demeanor and will rip o-lineman to shreds to make a play.

6 (194) - Jonah Pirsig, OT, Minnesota

The Eagles take a flier on this guy for his monster size (6'9" 325 lbs) and his tenacity. Needs to improve his lateral quickness and finishing defenders, but working behind Peters and Johnson he'll get that chance.

7 (230) - Brandon Bell, OLB Penn State

A local kid who plays hard and hits harder. He comes in to add depth.

Depth Chart: *Accounting for cuts mostly believed to happen (i.e. Ryan Matthews,

QB - Wentz, Foles, McGloin
RB - Conner, Sproles, Smallwood
WR - Jeffery, Green-Beckham
WR - Smith, Agholor
SWR - Matthews, Switzer
TE - Ertz, Celek, Burton
T - Peters, Vaitai
G - Brooks, Tobin
C - Kelce, Seumalo
G - Wisniewski, Warmack
T - Johnson, Pirsig

DE - Graham, Long, Means
DT - Cox, Glasgow
DT - Allen, Vaeo
DE - Barnett, Curry, Means
SLB - Bradham, Bell
MLB - Hicks, Walker
WLB - Kendricks, Goode
CB - Jones, Mills
FS - Jenkins, Watkins,
SS - McCleod, Maragos, Brooks
CB - Robinson, Brooks, Wilson

K - Sturgis
P - Jones
LS - Dorenbos

I'm not the coolest guy out there....but damn I'm cool.

Last edited by thebriguy90 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 pm; edited 18 times in total
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. I'd prefer Hunt, Foreman, or Williams at RB but Connor will get the job done.

Add some pictures and a depth chart if you're that bored.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett? Meh
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Barnett? Meh

This.

Poor mans version of Nick Perry. If you could get him in the mid rounds, sure, solid pick but at #14 for a guy who will have to ride the bench and only come in on situational downs, no thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Conor, Switzer and Glasgow picks doe. Those would be really nice value picks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three picks I like are Sydney Jones, Ryan Switzer, and Jonah Pirsig.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how Jones can play this season... He is most likely be in the IR for most of it.

Kiltman on the Sig
magross

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall very strong draft, have to look at Wilson to see how he would be. I wouldn't hate this. I like McDermott over pirsig. However I would def not hate this.
magross

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Barnett? Meh

This.

Poor mans version of Nick Perry. If you could get him in the mid rounds, sure, solid pick but at #14 for a guy who will have to ride the bench and only come in on situational downs, no thanks.

Barnett's one of the top DE on this draft. He'd be a starter day 1. And isn't just a situational DE.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with magross that Barnett is getting a little under sold here lately. I don't know if he's day 1 starter, but I think if we drafted him he'd contribute really heavily year 1.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Bored at Work Mock ***UPDATED WITH PICS AND DEPTH CHART* Reply with quote

Out of this draft we get a top DE prospect to rotate in immediately, two two CB prospects (albeit one will miss 2017), a thumper RB to compliment Sproles and Smallwood, a slot WR for when Matthews leaves next season, a couple O and D line lottery tickets, and a flier on a PSU linebacker.

Without putting names to the prospects I love the strategy of it.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Barnett? Meh

This.

Barnett's one of the top DE on this draft. He'd be a starter day 1. And isn't just a situational DE.

Very average sized DE with short arms. Average athletic ability for the position. Has no moves. Just looks to me like some one waiting to get roaded graded if you leave them out there to long.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
magross wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Barnett? Meh

This.

Very average sized DE with short arms. Average athletic ability for the position. Has no moves. Just looks to me like some one waiting to get roaded graded if you leave them out there to long.

Honestly, 6'3" 260 is prototypical DE size. I know we make a huge deal about arm length on this board but I think its much more important how you use your hands. Guys like Tamba Hali and Cameron Wake had shorter arms but they made a living as a pass rusher with amazing hand work. One of top comments on almost every scouting report are how violent he is with his hands and how advanced he is with his technique.

I think the biggest thing that stuck out to me was something like 28 of his 33 sacks came against the SEC. He also did very well (and got sacks) against Ryan Ramzcyk and Cam Robinson, both probably first rounders.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hockey5djh"][quote="Bednarik60"][quote="magross"]
Bednarik60 wrote:

Honestly, 6'3" 260 is prototypical DE size. I know we make a huge deal about arm length on this board but I think its much more important how you use your hands. Guys like Tamba Hali and Cameron Wake had shorter arms but they made a living as a pass rusher with amazing hand work. One of top comments on almost every scouting report are how violent he is with his hands and how advanced he is with his technique.

I think the biggest thing that stuck out to me was something like 28 of his 33 sacks came against the SEC. He also did very well (and got sacks) against Ryan Ramzcyk and Cam Robinson, both probably first rounders.

Aaron Donald too. Tiny arms, but he's so good with his hands he's doesn't let OL touch him.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
magross wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Barnett? Meh

This.

Umm... 259 lbs is definitely not prototypical size. The hell you talking about?

A prototypical DE would be like 6'4" to 6'6" with long arms and weighing somewhere from 270-275 with great body composition.

And, production is overrated if its not done in a way that will consistently work at the next level and I (and B60?) question if it will. I think Barnett can be a 8 sack per year guy possibly, but I'm not trying to take that with the 14th pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: