Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaWg_Lb. Final Mock (Unless there's a gun charge)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: DaWg_Lb. Final Mock (Unless there's a gun charge) Reply with quote

Hotep Brothers,
I've spent a ton of time on prospects this season, and enjoyed watching more college football this year, than any other year I can remember in the past 6-7....I've had fun reading, writing and arguing about who should be chosen where....based off where I see the holes in our roster, this is how I would spend the Browns draft picks on our team this year....I take the best player in the draft #1, grab our QB of the future with #12, then spend the rest of the draft adding pieces here and there, but a complete secondary makeover is what I see as the main theme (as we have 1 safety and 3-4 CB's on the roster) , just like they rebuilt the Wr. corps last season.....
I appreciate any and all feedback that is offered.

Draft:
1rst Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Height: 6-5. Weight: 272

1rst (Eagles) Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220

2nd Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
Height: 6-4. Weight: 219

2nd (titians) Marcus Williams, FS, Utah
Height: 6-1. Weight: 195

3rd Desmond King, FS/SS/slot CB/KR/PR, Iowa
Height: 5-10. Weight: 206

4th Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185

5th Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International
Height: 6-2. Weight: 245

5th (NE) Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
Height: 5-10. Weight: 200

5th (Comp) Steven Taylor, OLB, Houston
Height: 6-1. Weight: 225

6th Lorenzo Jerome, FS/SS, St. Francis
Height: 5-10. Weight: 204

6th Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 219

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a good chance we take Trubisky probably in a trade up.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, this dame is lookin' pretty cute. I'm a bit sweet on her, must admit. She's nice and top heavy (with safeties) and lower down I like all the back end (cornerbacks).

I am not sure I enjoy biscuits with cod, though, and if I have to fill up on carbs, I'm gonna just have to give up on the fish (and I really don't wanna do that just a few bites in). That said, I do like that the biskies were made in-house; I do like to source locally when I am able.

*edit: biscuits with cod and lobster.* How could I have missed that?

Last edited by NudeTayne on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
tbone32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mahomes better and not a fan of the TE because I believe the Browns need TE who can block. Barnridge & Devalve are already basically WR. However I like how the draft addresses all needs.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
I think there is a good chance we take Trubisky probably in a trade up.

I feel you....I was thinking about this today and debating a Redskins fan about this today...I feel there's going to be a top player or two begin to slip....I.E. Johnathan Allen, and someone is going to move up for him....I also believe that there will be a surprise pick in the top 10...couple those two things together and Turbinsky slips to 12....I of COURSE am not opposed to having to trade up for him.....but if we have to move....we have to move..

tbone32 wrote:
I like Mahomes better and not a fan of the TE because I believe the Browns need TE who can block. Barnridge & Devalve are already basically WR. However I like how the draft addresses all needs.

I Respect that....after seeing Mahomes II on NFL network yesterday...I dont think I like him....he seems a little too high strung for me......and rewatching some of his games...I'm not sure I like his accuracy and his "Manzel" type of plays...always looking to run and throwing the ball up for grabs a lot....but I do like him as a prospect if he can sit for a year or two. I also like Jonnu Smith as the best blocking of the "Fast" TE's....he has good functional strength (Went to FIU as a former highschool power lifting champion....)
No Argument, just explaining my thought process.

NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

This one never gets new Very Happy.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of the picks, though I think that might be TOO many DBs. We've got Haden, Taylor, and Boddy-Calhoun as keepers (BC as depth, Taylor slot, Haden #2 getting paid like a #1). I feel like four secondary picks in a row, while defensible, might be a tad overkill. I might switch King or Awuzie for a TE, OT, DT, or WR.

Other than that I like it.

Oh, and I think Melifonwu ends up playing CB and being a top 10 CB in the league. So maybe I'd list him there and put King/Williams as the safeties.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference would be to swap out the SS and CB picks. There's going to be a 1st round talent at CB to slip to us, and despite the SPARQ numbers, I do not see Obi Wan as a smart pick there. I have a lot of questions with him. Age is one. Lack of physical dominance on tape despite obvious physical dominance at the combine. I also just prioritize SS last among DB needs due to the fact that all the incumbents (Campbell, Kindred) play that position.

I would like to see one of the following fall to us there: Kevin King, Gareon Conley, Marlon Humphrey. Give me one of those 3, in that order of preference.

I would then hope that Justin Evans or Marcus Maye fell to the 4th, but I'm not sweating it if they don't. Your Lorenzo Jerome pick would be an adequate addressing of the position to me.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
My preference would be to swap out the SS and CB picks. There's going to be a 1st round talent at CB to slip to us, and despite the SPARQ numbers, I do not see Obi Wan as a smart pick there. I have a lot of questions with him. Age is one. Lack of physical dominance on tape despite obvious physical dominance at the combine. I also just prioritize SS last among DB needs due to the fact that all the incumbents (Campbell, Kindred) play that position.

I would like to see one of the following fall to us there: Kevin King, Gareon Conley, Marlon Humphrey. Give me one of those 3, in that order of preference.

I would then hope that Justin Evans or Marcus Maye fell to the 4th, but I'm not sweating it if they don't. Your Lorenzo Jerome pick would be an adequate addressing of the position to me.

No doubt...when I was making this one....I almost left 33 as BPA, as I feel that there are going to be at least 3 players at 33 that will be considered "Theres no way he should be there"....and that is who I want....

I look at Obi and King both as S/CB combo players.....and when I didnt see Marcus May or Justin Evans or the kid from NC State falling to round 4 , I went with the Obi Wan pick at 33.....

I also looked at the CB pick add Adore Jackson as the #2 and Quincy Wilson at #4 and we would have the same top 5 for that #33 pick (also add the kid from UCLA @ 51......just to explain my whole thought process)

I think Campbell needs to be replaced...but I would NOT mind if we gave him one more year under Greg Williams.....so my thing was draft two pure safeties (Williams and James), two pure CB's (Kazee and Minn.) and two S/CB (Obi Wan and King) for Greg Williams to play some Big Nickle packages since were moving to an even front....lots of 4-3, Nickle (3cb's + 2 safeties) and Big Nickle (3 safeties + 2CB's)......but I can COMPLETELY see what your saying there....I just took some different ways with addressing......also had a lot of thought of TE Evans at 51 and gong with a MLB in round 5 or 6....I really like Walker NW., Riley LSU, Boulware Clem, Harris Linwood and Herdman Simon Fraizer.....depending where I added one could have push the WR pick up a round or two.....

Just to give you the complete thought process that I was going through....seems like we both still see a lot of the same things my Friend...we may react different, but that's a good thing
Smile

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the vision, and it would not upset me in the slightest if it went down that way. Just a preference.

I do think swapping the WR & LB is a good idea, but the way you did it highlights something that I noticed doing countless mock drafts: Once you get to pick 12, there is a quality WR available at every pick. Very good depth in this class.

I put LB right behind OL on positional need. People forget about Dominique Alexander, who I think will become exactly the kind of ILB this team needs. Not a superstar, but reliable enough to be counted on for the limited number of times an ILB will actually be used.

Overall, I think you may be spot on in the DB heavy approach. It makes a ton of sense, and fall in line with the precedent set last year with the WR group.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading a few of the comments in here....There hasnt been a gun charge, but the DT from Florida did punch a girl in the mouth and displaced a tooth....

But here it is.....

Draft:
Height: 6-5. Weight: 270

Height: 6-3. Weight: 220

2nd Adoree' Jackson, CB/KR/PR, USC
Height: 5-10

3rd Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
Height: 6-6. Weight: 278

4th Josh Jones, SS, N.C. State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220

5th Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

5th (NE) Lorenzo Jerome, FS/SS, St. Francis

6th Connor Harris, ILB, Lindenwood
Height: 5-11. Weight: 241

brooks1957

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the Robert Davis of GA State selection. All time leading receiver in school history.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
After reading a few of the comments in here....There hasnt been a gun charge, but the DT from Florida did punch a girl in the mouth and displaced a tooth....

But here it is.....

Draft:

I like Dylan Cole over Steven Taylor at OLB, but that's splitting hairs.

Would love for this to happen, but it's looking like we're going to end up giving up one of the 2nd rounders (at the very least - maybe more) to move up for Trubisky.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:

But here it is.....

Draft:

You know me, if we ended up with Garrett AND Trubisky it's a major draft that will set us up into the foreseeable future. I really like Marcus Williams but I don't think he'll be there at the 2nd 2nd. BTW I really love Lorenzo Jerome. He's on my sleeper list. Cool

Thanks Reg!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: