Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

newest trade down rumor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
If CLE won't give up #33 I'd be OK with 52 and their 4th. That would be excellent. Although I would rather have 33 and their 5th so hopefully we can get a bidding war going.

No way that is just flat out stupid. Who are you going to get with the 52 pick. We are going give up a prime pick for that stupid deal you want to do

How is it stupid. The value for dropping from 6 to 12 on the trade chart is actually right around pick #52. Adding the 4th only increases the value. It's pretty fair from both side honestly.

Asking for #33 and their 4th would be awesome don't get me wrong but #52 and the 4th is pretty fair.

Go to any mock and see who is there mid 2nd. There are a ton of starting caliber players that could be in play.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
If CLE won't give up #33 I'd be OK with 52 and their 4th. That would be excellent. Although I would rather have 33 and their 5th so hopefully we can get a bidding war going.

No way that is just flat out stupid. Who are you going to get with the 52 pick. We are going give up a prime pick for that stupid deal you want to do

How is it stupid. The value for dropping from 6 to 12 on the trade chart is actually right around pick #52. Adding the 4th only increases the value. It's pretty fair from both side honestly.

Asking for #33 and their 4th would be awesome don't get me wrong but #52 and the 4th is pretty fair.

Go to any mock and see who is there mid 2nd. There are a ton of starting caliber players that could be in play.

It is not fair when we have something they want, we call the shots not them. We are taking a chance of losing a superstar at 6 so we want the most we can get for that pick. We can't afford to give away the store anymore. If there first offer is legit than that is a fair deal for both of us.
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Trade charts get thrown out the window when the team trying to trade up is in the market for a QB.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade charts get thrown out the window when the team trying to trade up is in the market for a QB.[/quote]

I agree 1000%. You were more direct than I was on this.

Mac may have played this perfectly, Cleveland is desperate for the QB you can squeeze, you can also get some other teams interested just to drive the price up.

This is the trade we need, but we need the 2018 1st rounder.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Trade charts get thrown out the window when the team trying to trade up is in the market for a QB.

I agree 1000%. You were more direct than I was on this.

Mac may have played this perfectly, Cleveland is desperate for the QB you can squeeze, you can also get some other teams interested just to drive the price up.

This is the trade we need, but we need the 2018 1st rounder.[/quote]

I agree with you, we are holding all the cards. This 6th pick might worth a lot more than we think. If we hold out with Sheldon we might get a better offer for him also.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people want next years 1? To trade up for a QB next year? That won't happen and we should be in position to draft one with our own pick anyway.

I'd take a deal that involves #33 this year. That's a premium pick to trade. If there's a player at 6 that we really like and they won't give up 33 I'd probably just go with our guy. Trading down is cool if it works but if there's a player your sure about and the compensation isn't what you want I'd rather take the player.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were Macc, I wouldn't push too hard for that fourth. What's to stop Cleveland from leapfrogging the Jets and making a deal with the Titans if they have to give up their fourth? They have to worry about Buffalo doing that anyway.

I'd take the deal, with the idea at twelve it may be much easier for the Jets to deal Mahomes further down the line at that spot, to Houston or whoever. How great would it be to wind up with three second round picks and maybe three thirds. There's plenty of quality players in areas of need in those rounds this year, unlike most years it seems.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Why do people want next years 1? To trade up for a QB next year? That won't happen and we should be in position to draft one with our own pick anyway.

I'd take a deal that involves #33 this year. That's a premium pick to trade. If there's a player at 6 that we really like and they won't give up 33 I'd probably just go with our guy. Trading down is cool if it works but if there's a player your sure about and the compensation isn't what you want I'd rather take the player.

Assume nothing, I want insurance we get who we want.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll gladly take 12 and Cleveland's 2nd and 4th rounders. If that was on the table, we'd be idiots not to take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
I'll gladly take 12 and Cleveland's 2nd and 4th rounders. If that was on the table, we'd be idiots not to take it.

100% agree! the caliber of player we'll get at 12 likely won't be as great as it would at 6, but one player doesn't change a team (unless its a QB). acquiring multiple picks, especially the 1st pick in the 2nd round is the way to jumpstart a rebuild! make this happen big mac!
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love this trade, would be really awesome if Mahomes is there and the Texans wanted to move all the way up for him. I think we are far more likely to get a 2018 1st from them than we are from Cleveland.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I'd love this trade, would be really awesome if Mahomes is there and the Texans wanted to move all the way up for him. I think we are far more likely to get a 2018 1st from them than we are from Cleveland.

We could even trade down from 25 with a team trying to jump back into the 1st for a QB (Bears/Cardinals/Jags) before the Chiefs, Steelers, or Saints pick.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

We could even trade down from 25 with a team trying to jump back into the 1st for a QB (Bears/Cardinals/Jags) before the Chiefs, Steelers, or Saints pick.

The five teams that pick before us, the only one that might trade down is the S.F. 49ers
Cleveland will take Myles Garrett
S.F.49ers could trade down
Bears Need a QB
Jacksonville will take Leonard Fournette they are desperate for a RB
N,Y. Jets That makes our #6 pick very valuable for any team that wants it. The question is what do we want for that pick?
Sapo28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

The five teams that pick before us, the only one that might trade down is the S.F. 49ers
Bears Need a QB
N,Y. Jets That makes our #6 pick very valuable for any team that wants it. The question is what do we want for that pick?

Titans are rumored to want to trade down as well.

If we can get another 1st rounder next year it would all but guarantee we can get our QB next year if Hack isn't the answer. If he is then, that allows us to go all in at positions of need to support Hack.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Bears Need a QB

It says this would only be a thing if a specific player is there. bears fans believe they are going to take Watson at 3 so that could make Trubisky fall to 6. We just have to hope the Jags and Titans don't trade out of their spots for less than we want to take.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: