Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your top rated Safety; NFL draft 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Top safety
Hooker
42%
 42%  [ 23 ]
Adams
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Peppers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Obi
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Baker
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 54

tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'd say Adams, but Budda Baker reminds me of Bob Sanders. Think he will be a very special player.

Right there with you on Baker love the way he plays the game
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal Adams. I see him as an impact player. He's not flashy, but he'll be a difference-maker.

Hooker just has too many question marks and flaws for me to rate him over Adams.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If 4 of Malik Hooker's interceptions are just pass deflections, do you still consider him in the same tier as Adams?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hooker gets overhyped - in that what he does, he does extremely well but it also has people a-little-too-freely ignoring the deficiencies he does have and how they can definitely affect a game.

The Sean Taylor and Eric Berry comps were ridiculous. I mean, honestly, I don't see a massive difference, prospect for prospect, between Hooker and Reggie Nelson - Zierlien actually hit that comp out of the park, for once - (or in terms of what he achieved at Ohio State between that and what Malcolm Jenkins has done in Philadelphia). That's a productive, 10-year starter type in the league, but it's also not a transcendent type.

I get the optimism that he'll learn to tackle properly and tighten up that technique, but that's far from a guarantee, and not something a team ought to be terribly comfortable with as a last line of defense.

Honestly, I feel like, where safeties in the NFL are concerned, there's about 5-6 (I've seen sometimes as many as 9 or 10 at a given time) very-good-to-great types and then a lot of average-to-mediocre. So when a guy life Adams who hs all the traits and tools to be firmly in that former category almost immediate without a red flag as to something that clearly needs to be repaired in his game - and he has the versatility to play single-high, in the box, or two-high - I'm more inclined to favor that guy over the potential fool's gold.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: