You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee Reply with quote

I feel like he deserves his own thread now that he's the hot name in the draft with less than 10 days to go. He's got articles profiling him up on Bleacher Report, ESPN, and even CNN. He's got Jon Gruden comparing him to Dak Prescott. And now his biggest hype man has turned into none other than ESPN's Todd McShay.

Just check out what he's been saying about Josh Dobbs lately:

(1) He's called Dobbs a potential "gem" from this draft class. https://twitter.com/SECcountry/status/854436020783337474

(2) He's said "I'd rather take Joshua Dobbs in Round 2 than spend a 1st rounder on Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes or Kizer.". https://twitter.com/ATL_JayClemons/status/854411415129661442

(3) And he's now joined Mel Kiper in projecting Dobbs as a potential 2nd round pick next week. https://twitter.com/antwanstaley/status/854411328777224193

Obviously this amount of hype this late in the process only happens if NFL teams are very high on Dobbs and that he's about to get drafted a lot higher than most people thought possible just a few weeks ago.

Don't be surprised if you hear his name called EARLY on day 2. And by EARLY I'm talking first 10 picks of the second round.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't deserve his own thread. We have a QB thread specifically for this reason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
He doesn't deserve his own thread. We have a QB thread specifically for this reason.

But Mahomes has his own thread... Cool

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Created in December of 2015. The QB thread was created in January of 2017. It's grandfathered in. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Counselor wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Created in December of 2015. The QB thread was created in January of 2017. It's grandfathered in. Laughing

Bah. Dobbs and Kaaya are going to be the best in his draft they can have their own threads... Laughing

48 1/2ers wrote:

Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has an arm and is a great athlete, but man I just don't see the requisite accuracy from him. I think him getting hype is the result of teams significantly overcorrecting their evaluation process on a single miss in Prescott.
Groink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be happy if my team took him in round 2 lol...
Counselor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
He has an arm and is a great athlete, but man I just don't see the requisite accuracy from him. I think him getting hype is the result of teams significantly overcorrecting their evaluation process on a single miss in Prescott.

Prescott is going to fall off in a sophomore slump so they won't be feeling that way for long.

48 1/2ers wrote:

VanS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:

He'll never be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady as a passer but I think he can be good enough in the pass game to allow his legs become a serious weapon in the league. I know everyone wants to believe the running QB phase is over. I disagree. I think a good enough passer with elite running ability like Russell Wilson or Cam Newton can still be an incredible weapon in the league.

Josh Dobbs will be good enough in the pass game to be an incredible playmaker running the ball. He reminds of Randall Cunningham as a player in terms of his size, build, athleticism, arm talent, and overall potential.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Don't be surprised if you hear his name called EARLY on day 2. And by EARLY I'm talking first 10 picks of the second round.

I honestly think it's smokescreen. It's very similar to the 2nd round hype that Tom Savage got in 2014, when Kiper and the lot said he had the most arm talent in that draft. The talk of arm talent fell by the wayside and Savage went in the 4th, which was a fair market correction for his talent level.

By the time the picks start going, we'll see a similar market correction for Dobbs, and he'll get picked in the 4th or 5th round.

What I find funny/strange is that Nathan Peterman is considered a better prospect by many. Guess the draftniks know better than the Tennessee coaching staff...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
VanS wrote:

I honestly think it's smokescreen. It's very similar to the 2nd round hype that Tom Savage got in 2014, when Kiper and the lot said he had the most arm talent in that draft. The talk of arm talent fell by the wayside and Savage went in the 4th, which was a fair market correction for his talent level.

By the time the picks start going, we'll see a similar market correction for Dobbs, and he'll get picked in the 4th or 5th round.

What I find funny/strange is that Nathan Peterman is considered a better prospect by many. Guess the draftniks know better than the Tennessee coaching staff...

If you saw Nathan Peterman play at Tennessee you wouldn't make this point.

Go look up his performance in 2013 at the Swamp vs. Florida. Literally the worst QB performance I've ever seen. Complete deer in the headlights performance from him that day.

He's done a good job rectifying his career at Pittsburgh but he was god awful at Tennessee when it came to actually playing in the game.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
VanS wrote:

If you saw Nathan Peterman play at Tennessee you wouldn't make this point.

Go look up his performance in 2013 at the Swamp vs. Florida. Literally the worst QB performance I've ever seen. Complete deer in the headlights performance from him that day.

He's done a good job rectifying his career at Pittsburgh but he was god awful at Tennessee when it came to actually playing in the game.

Admittedly didn't watch that game, and have no intentions on watching it. I'll take your word for it. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

No kidding. We've already discussed this dude to death. Nothing more to say.
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Calvin-Stafford wrote:

He'll never be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady as a passer but I think he can be good enough in the pass game to allow his legs become a serious weapon in the league. I know everyone wants to believe the running QB phase is over. I disagree. I think a good enough passer with elite running ability like Russell Wilson or Cam Newton can still be an incredible weapon in the league.

Josh Dobbs will be good enough in the pass game to be an incredible playmaker running the ball. He reminds of Randall Cunningham as a player in terms of his size, build, athleticism, arm talent, and overall potential.

Fundamentally the meat and potatoes of being a QB in the NFL is still about what you can do from the pocket. It's what separates guys like Wilson, Mariota, and to a lesser degree Newton from guys like Kaeperick and RGIII; Wilson, Mariota and Newton would still be solid NFL QBs even without the gamechanging athleticism, Kaepernick and RGIII would not. I tend to feel that Dobbs falls more on the latter side of the spectrum.
VanS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

No kidding. We've already discussed this dude to death. Nothing more to say.

You still sticking with your 7th round grade on him? Or are you gonna turn on a dime and grade him much higher now like Matt Miller of Bleacher Report?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: