Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 Cleveland Browns draft 1 year on grading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: 2016 Cleveland Browns draft 1 year on grading. Reply with quote

2nd overall pick trade to Philadelphia multiple draft picks last year and this year and next year.
We don't get Carson Wentz who played well for a rookie.

We Got good value for the pick. A

Next we trade number 8 for 15 with the titans picking up more picks indlucing one in 2017.
Less value than I would of liked, we should of got there next years 1st round pick instead.

15. Corey Coleman. I like him as a player. Ceiling top 10 NFL WR.
Out of Coleman, Conkin and Wentz we ended up with the worst of the 3 players, if Wentz ends up being a top 10 QB I think we missed on the trade. A.

33. Ogbah. looks to become a very good player, highly athletic guy. A

65. Carl nassib, intially looked better than Ogbah, then fell off a lot. might be good or JAG. C+

76. shon coleman. basically a redshirt year, might be good, might be average, might be bad at this stage, though i have hope. He looks the part with a big frame. B.

93. Kessler. Often injured, played well within his skill set, limited pro potential, may end up being a top 15 NFL QB, more likely 10 year back up. A.

99. shobert. average ahtlete, didn't produce much in games, missed an INT v Mariota. special teams player for life. C.

114. Lewis, good athlete, average routes and hands. may turn into a decent no. 3. Keep him around C+

129. Kindred, hard as nails, explosive player, poor in coverage. I like him, I think he could be a poorer mans TJ Ward. B.

138. Seth Devalve. highly athletic convert from WR to TE, scored two TDs made a couple of great catches. I really like him going into 2017 as a rolel player for us and then moving forward as a starting TE. best of our 4th round picks. A.

154. Jordan Payton. cut 2017. D

168. Drango. meh, bakc up 2017. C

172. higgins, may be a no. 3 WR, good hands and routes, doesn't sperate that well.

173 Caldwell. didn't preform last year, unlikely to make the roster.d.

250. Breifly on the roster now with Arizona, one of the coolest picks we had, would of prefered him over Shobert. D.

Overall I give us an A for last year, I think our best pick was Ogbah.
we may have been better off just taking Wentz or Conkin wih the 1st round pick.

your grade and thought?
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually very happy with our draft from last year and am thus very excited/optimistic about this year's draft.

First off, I liked both of the trades we did. We got what I consider good value (many high picks over a few seasons).

Secondly, regarding players we missed out on, the consensus seemed to believe there was a shot Bosa made it to #8 & would have likely been the pick. If he had fallen, we would be wondering why Sashi & Co. were not extended after year one. Conklin was a surprise pick that high, as he was supposed to go much later. I can't fault Cleveland (and all the mock drafters/media pundits etc.) for not knowing Conklin would be so good. Wentz had & up and down rookie season and may or may not be any better than Kessler when all said & done.

#15: Corey Coleman. We drafted him exactly where we wanted after two trade downs. We were able to get the first WR off the board right before a run on WR, which says we did well in calculating our big board in relation to our trade downs (assuming we wanted a WR from the get go). I like the initial Steve Smith comparisons and see him having that competitive fire. We'll see, though. B+

#33: Emmanuel Ogbah. HWS guy who looked a bit raw his rookie year though flashed enough to make me very optimistic that we hit on that pick. I'm hoping he turns into the next Ziggy Ansah. A

#65: Carl Nassib. I saw that guy legit jump out a few times in-game during his rookie year. Yeah, he got injured. I like him so much that I don't think we need to prioritize DE though understand how valuable Myles is, especially with the injuries. If he stays healthy, this pick is an A for me.

#76: Shon Coleman. No idea. I'm optimistic that he's worth the shot we took on him. I even have a conspiracy theory that he was drafted to eventually take over for Joe Thomas and was insulated to just learn last year (and that we may trade Joe as early as this season & toss Coleman into the fire). Unknown.

#93: Cody Kessler. Got injured but also had an awful o-line feeding him to the wolves. Still, he looked like a potential starter to me. Kessler made good decisions his rookie year and was incredibly accurate out the gate. I could see if we stick with him and keep him upright (great o-line signings this off-season, on paper at least) that we don't need another QB. A+

#99: Joe Schobert. Looks like a depth guy. Smart but not very athletic at first glance thus far. C

#114: Ricardo Lewis. Boom or bust convert. Seems more busty to me, but he was raw so who knows? C+/unknown

#129: Derrick Kindred. At least a solid rotational guy & potential starter. B

#138: Seth DeValve. I like him and see him at least sticking around as our #2 TE if not developing into a starter. A-

The rest: *shrug*

In conclusion, I like this draft more than most and believe we had--when factoring in the trade compensation as well--an A draft that set us up for years to come. I believe we hit on every pick (don't count Shon Coleman) through the first three rounds, which is commendable. I don't blame us for not knowing that Bosa (if only we'd listened to Thomas Wink) would be the homer pick to rule them all. I don't blame us for not knowing that Conklin, a consensus 10-25 pick would be the best OT (thus far, at least) in the class. Heck, we may have reasonably planned to draft him at 15--will never know, I suppose.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly its still way way way too early to grade any of these guys. I am anxious to see what year 2 holds for them.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Ricardo Louis. Not Lewis. And his hands are horrific.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It's Ricardo Louis. Not Lewis. And his hands are horrific.

You misspelled terrif...nah, you spelled it right Very Happy. Yeah, I don't know why I put C+ on there. C- seems more fair, as I doubt he'll be better than a special teamer (though could be a solid returner, and he was a late rounder).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: