Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lets trade up from 12 who do you want??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If we do a trade up from 12 who do you want to draft?
Whoever is your preferred QB
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Jonathan Allen
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Jamal Adams
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Malik Hooker
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Marathon Lattimore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Solomon Thomas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Reuben Foster
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other please specify
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
1) If your trading #12 plus multiple 2nd round picks to move up in or near the top 5 of the draft--it would be idiotic not to select a QB. You dont make that move as a team with no franchise QB to select a Safety...

Imagine if the Browns of all teams, after passing on Carson Wentz last year through trades ended up with 2 top 5-7 picks in the draft and didnt select a QB again.

2) If it wasnt for a QB--Im doing it for Marshon Lattimore. Elite CB prospects are more valuable than elite Safety prospects for the simple fact that they play the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the football field. Which in this draft loaded with CB talent in the first 2 rounds, would be stupid. Therefore, the only way Im trading UP from 12 if I am the Browns is for a QB my scouting dept. is sold on. I would also mildly entertain Johnathan Allen simply because Garrett--Allen--Shelton--Ogbah would be a helluva young talented line to move forward with.

Also, Buno--Yes, Hooker has single coverage questions. Mostly all of his great plays or INTs came from single high coverage where he could play freely and not cover 1v1 a whole lot. Ed Reed comparisons stop when you look at tackling. What made him great was that he was also a absolute enforcer. Hooker is far from that. This is not a dig at Hooker but more of a endorsement of Adams. I think you are severely underrating him. I think Adams could go as high as the 3rd pick in the draft and that is for a reason. He could very easily be a Earl Thomas/Eric Berry clone. There are still a lot of questions with Hooker which is why he is unanimously ranked behind Adams on experts draft boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktuijMDwsh8

It's debatable if Marshon was the best corner on his own team.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams for me.
Ether

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's not a position of need, I want Foster because that would be the most fun.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:

Also, Buno--Yes, Hooker has single coverage questions. Mostly all of his great plays or INTs came from single high coverage where he could play freely and not cover 1v1 a whole lot. Ed Reed comparisons stop when you look at tackling. What made him great was that he was also a absolute enforcer. Hooker is far from that. This is not a dig at Hooker but more of a endorsement of Adams. I think you are severely underrating him. I think Adams could go as high as the 3rd pick in the draft and that is for a reason. He could very easily be a Earl Thomas/Eric Berry clone. There are still a lot of questions with Hooker which is why he is unanimously ranked behind Adams on experts draft boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktuijMDwsh8

Yes there are some questions with his coverage ability because of his experience. Specially with not seeing some route combinations but I dont remember seeing ever truly getting beat in single coverage when he had to play it. You didnt see a lot of people truly beating to get over the top on him or him getting beat for a lot of passes when he was covering a guy.

Why does everyone think Hooker is an awful tackler? He wasnt bad at making tackles. He had some bad form when it came to making tackles but he did show a great ability to come down into the alley and try and lay the wood. He was a first year starter and his tackling was improve IMO. By the time Ed Reed was a senior, yeah he was a monster in the passing and running game. I also never said he was going to be the next Ed Reed, I said he has some abilities that compare to Reed. Mainly the abilities to ball hawk, break up passes, break any pass thrown some what near him and just in general make play on any ball that is thrown near him.

I think adams is pretty great and I would love to have him but I believe Hooker is a better fit for Williams defense. WIlliams loves to play that single high type coverage. Kinda like at tOSU. With the Corners Schiano/Fickell had to work with, they liked playing man to man on the outside and force teams to beat you inside and underneath. Thats the same mentality Williams had. Hell you look at the success he had with the saints, that what he did. He wanted teams to beat him with the short routes because if you tried to go over the top Sharper was going to make you pay. Because of that teams did not like attacking the middle of the field or deep parts of it. Best example, go to the Colts Saint superbowl and watch the game sealing INT return for a touch down. Manning tried to throw the slant that was jumped by the corners. If you watch the play, you see Dallas Clark coming open over the middle but then you see Sharper was in the picture. So Manning knew going over the middle doesnt work with.

With the idea of having Ogbah and Garrett as the DEs and them forcing QBs to throw some bad passes, early passes, or errant passes, that having a rangy FS would be the best tool for Williams. I also believe he likes the ideas of man corners who have the ability to make great breaks on the ball and no worried about getting beat deep because of the safety help he likes to have. He prefers teams throwing quick on him and allowing his DBs to break on the slants, outs, ins, hooks, and etc.

Adams might be the better. more well rounded safety. I think Hooker has the better pass defense. I think Hooker has the potential to make more play in the passing defense. That could potential allow the SS to play more in the box or allows the Browns to draft a SS who is a better run defender than pass defender but dont get me wrong, I dont want a "LB" playing SS

Last edited by buno67 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:
Jamal Adams without question would be my #1 choice. Compared to Hooker, there is more tape on him, he is more versatile, and he has less question marks (shoulders, coverage ability, continued success).

That being said if hes gone Hooker would be my second choice and still worth the trade-up.

Hooker has questionable coverage ability? He hasnt seen many route combinations because of his one year of starting but I dont remember ever seeing him getting beat deep

hard for me to past on a safety when some of his ability gets compared to Ed Reed.

Adams might be more versatile he could play SS or FS but Hooker by far has more potential than Adams IMO. Hookers ability to be a rangy center field type FS is going to make him a huge difference makers, specially when Garrett and Ogbah force QBs to throw a pass up and he can just go after it

Sorry i meant tackling ability. I don't know why I typed coverage, my bad...
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBrownsman wrote:
buno67 wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:
Jamal Adams without question would be my #1 choice. Compared to Hooker, there is more tape on him, he is more versatile, and he has less question marks (shoulders, coverage ability, continued success).

That being said if hes gone Hooker would be my second choice and still worth the trade-up.

Hooker has questionable coverage ability? He hasnt seen many route combinations because of his one year of starting but I dont remember ever seeing him getting beat deep

hard for me to past on a safety when some of his ability gets compared to Ed Reed.

Adams might be more versatile he could play SS or FS but Hooker by far has more potential than Adams IMO. Hookers ability to be a rangy center field type FS is going to make him a huge difference makers, specially when Garrett and Ogbah force QBs to throw a pass up and he can just go after it

Watch out there's a lot of osu homers in these parts Anxious
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
I am not opposed to trading up from 12. I prefer not to use pick 33 though. I wonder what pick we can get with 12/52, and who they would target. I just hope it isn't for a QB.

I am with you on that......hell throw in the 4th...and see if that gets us up to 5....and for me it would be for #1 Trubisky...or if he's gone...the idea of a front 4 of DE-Ogbah DT-Allen DT-Shelton DE-Garrett...is just too sexy to pass up....Especially with all the Safeties in this draft.......I know that Hooker and Adams are game changing playmakers......without question, but there are a LOT of safties I like in this draft...FS Williams, Baker, Desmond King (FS/CB), Maye (SS), Rashawn Jenkins (SS), Fish Smithson, Orion Stewart (SS), Melinfonwu, Jones (NCSt), Justin Evans, Harvey-Clemmons, Nicholson (Mich st.), and Tony Conner (UDFA...was a beast at Miss before injury).....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBrownsman wrote:
buno67 wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:

tackling ability, I agree upon. He isnt the greatest tackler but is serviceable. I think it will improve once he plays more and bulks up a little bit. I think he could use gaining 5-10lbs.

I want to say I said this a couple weeks ago but I am not going to let a decision be made on a FS because of their tackling ability. If Browns are losing games because the FS cant come up and make a tackle. Ill be pissed that the DL that is suppose to be loaded with young studs and some LBs that just got paid arnt making the plays. If the 3rd level is getting worked over in the run game, that shows you the 1st and 2nd level are trash. I also wouldnt want to see Hooker any where near the box. Reality, I want him as the last line of defense because he is playing in his single high coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Who do I want or what I think will happen?

I would want one of the elite DBs or Fourette.

What they would do if the smoke screen is true is Trub.

As long as we are not giving up anything more than the #33 than I guess it is okay.

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound good?

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:

Sound good?

Key word, "old". Picks 12/33 for me.

12/52 maybe
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked Hooker because I believe there will be a " happy ending."

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:

Sound good?

Key word, "old". Picks 12/33 for me.

12/52 maybe

Do we get a "discount" from the Titans (maybe pick 100) since we're trading their original 2nd rounder back to them? Laughing

Isn't that some sort of obscure rule?

(I'm kidding, but heck, lets get as many picks as we can get.)

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:
buno67 wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:

tackling ability, I agree upon. He isnt the greatest tackler but is serviceable. I think it will improve once he plays more and bulks up a little bit. I think he could use gaining 5-10lbs.

I want to say I said this a couple weeks ago but I am not going to let a decision be made on a FS because of their tackling ability. If Browns are losing games because the FS cant come up and make a tackle. Ill be pissed that the DL that is suppose to be loaded with young studs and some LBs that just got paid arnt making the plays. If the 3rd level is getting worked over in the run game, that shows you the 1st and 2nd level are trash. I also wouldnt want to see Hooker any where near the box. Reality, I want him as the last line of defense because he is playing in his single high coverage.

I don't disagree with you. I am actually not disparaging the idea of taking Hooker at all actually. If we trade up to 4 and Adams goes 3 I will be perfectly happy ending up with Hooker at 4. I think his ball hawking skills are elite and he would be a great fit with us. That being said if i had my choice of who we could trade up for I would still choose Adams. It also helps my decision that this is a really deep draft for Free Safeties, and even if we don't grab a free safety later and end up drafting a strong safety or just continuing with Kindred and see how he develops, I think Adams could still be a Pro-Bowl Free Safety. The skill and versatility is far to hard to look past for me to pass him up for anyone in the draft over Garrett IMO.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:

Sound good?

It is pretty close to fair. Probably have to seen back a mid round pick. Still, I don't think we could blindly make that trade. Someone we really covet would have to be sitting there on draft day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: