Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Group Consensus Mock - Round 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the Steelers third round pick? (if these players were available)
Alex Anzelone
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Chris Godwin
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Cooper Kupp
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Jake Butt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Marcus Maye
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Gerald Everett
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Cameron Sutton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alvin Kamara
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bucky Hodges
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Duke Riley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Samaje Perine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brad Kayaa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Davis Webb
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dalvin Tomlinson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carlos Henderson
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Wayne Gallman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Eddie Jackson
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Kareem Hunt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jordan Leggett
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Chad Hansen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Group Consensus Mock - Round 3 Reply with quote

"With the 62nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Jordan Willis, linebacker, Kansas State."

For Round 3, I will take the option of including guys that got no votes or 1 vote in Round 2. I'm leaving off outside corners and EDGE linebackers because we've obviously covered that with Humphrey and Willis. I'll add OLB back in later rounds for a double dip.

I changed my mind to do only one for the 3rd round. I'll do two so we can have a true consensus pick for every selection. Tomorrow I'll make the 3rd round comp poll.

Last edited by JLambert58 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it is down to Maye, Jackson or Leggett. I love Jackson for the Steelers. Although if Webb is there he is tempting.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwin is BPA.

BPA at position of need is Maye or Jackson.

I'm actually predicting Steelers pick Maye come 2 weeks from now.

So Goodwin and Maye.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Henderson for me. Serious talent and has the production to back it up. Doesn't need to be schemed to get open as he has the speed, hips, and savvy to crush man coverage. Instant starter if given a fair chance to compete but also provides ST value.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that one was tough. I was torn between Godwin, Kupp, Maye and possibly Jackson or one of the tight ends. Finally pulled the trigger on Kupp. Went back and watched some of his tape. He might be special. With Ben throwing to him, he could really thrive. Tough call though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Carlos Henderson for me. Serious talent and has the production to back it up. Doesn't need to be schemed to get open as he has the speed, hips, and savvy to crush man coverage. Instant starter if given a fair chance to compete but also provides ST value.

Henderson is impressive. Couldn't believe he is 5'11. He looks BIG. Plays big. Should be interesting to see what he can do in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

carlos henderson
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Marcus Maye
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Godwin because he is unbelievable value at this point. 6'1", 210 lbs, smooth, quick, strong, can go up and get it. He's exactly what I've argued a bunch is missing from this offense.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Chris Godwin because he is unbelievable value at this point. 6'1", 210 lbs, smooth, quick, strong, can go up and get it. He's exactly what I've argued a bunch is missing from this offense.

Agreed...this shouldn't be close.

Take Goodwin here and go defense again with the comp pick...probably a Safety.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maye.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took Hodges without blinking. I don't think people realize what a HUGE talent this guys is. 6'6", 4.57 40 and a 39" Vertical? Freak of nature. Unstoppable in the Redzone. He is the epitome of the mismatch TE. I can see the want for Maye and Godwin but I feel Hodges will make much more of an impact. Besides, I've got my eye on Woods at FS later and there are other similar WRs to be had.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Took Hodges without blinking. I don't think people realize what a HUGE talent this guys is. 6'6", 4.57 40 and a 39" Vertical? Freak of nature. Unstoppable in the Redzone. He is the epitome of the mismatch TE. I can see the want for Maye and Godwin but I feel Hodges will make much more of an impact. Besides, I've got my eye on Woods at FS later and there are other similar WRs to be had.

IF, and it's a big IF Green can be productive and healthy in 2017, TE isn't really a need. I love this TE class. Wouldn't mind grabbing one of the TEs if great value drops to us. We should have more definitive knowledge of Green after this season.

Hodges could be a exciting player, my only concern is his relatively short arms (for his height) and his body catching. If Hodges had a name like Butch, I might be more into the idea. Wink (I keed, I keed)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

IF, and it's a big IF Green can be productive and healthy in 2017, TE isn't really a need. I love this TE class. Wouldn't mind grabbing one of the TEs if great value drops to us. We should have more definitive knowledge of Green after this season.

Hodges could be a exciting player, my only concern is his relatively short arms (for his height) and his body catching. If Hodges had a name like Butch, I might be more into the idea. Wink (I keed, I keed)

Agreed but is Godwin a need? Is Maye? I suggest Hodges will make an immediate impact. One that will be greater than those two positions. His "short" arms are made up greatly by his height and his Vertical (highest in the class). Green can't be counted on and Bucky is a bigger mismatch for Defenses. Take him!

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Agreed but is Godwin a need? Is Maye? I suggest Hodges will make an immediate impact. One that will be greater than those two positions. His "short" arms are made up greatly by his height and his Vertical (highest in the class). Green can't be counted on and Bucky is a bigger mismatch for Defenses. Take him!

Fair enough on Maye. Though we could use a capable dime safety and more reliable depth. (and possible successor to Mitchell)

A #2 WR IS a need IMO. Speaking of unreliable, we have no idea if Bryant will be a 16 game starter this year. Like Golson, we need to pretend like anything we get from Bryant is a bonus.

I do like Hodges vertical, that's impressive. He could be a big-time playmaker/mismatch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: