Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Christian McCaffrey: Best 2017 RB Prospect?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColeTrain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
When it's all said and done, I think 3 backs in this class have a decent chance to have better careers than McCaffrey, assuming they don't go to highly dysfunctional destinations.

That being said, he's a good player. He just won't fit on every team.

Which 3? I would guess Fournette, Cook, and Mixon.
ColeTrain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:

Fournette comes down to "how much do you really want to run I-formation stuff" and "how quickly can you teach him his responsibilities in the passing offense." If you're a team that either has or thinks they have a QB, you've got to be a bit nervous about him. As good as Adrian Peterson was (and Fournette is not as good a prospect) his inability to catch or block certainly restricted what Minnesota could do on offense. He'll go in the first, but I wouldn't take him there.

Cook I wouldn't touch because he's a fumbler, he's got a history of off-field incidents, and if he goes in the first he would be the worst testing RB to go in the first in the past 20 years (and one of only three who tested in the bottom 50% of RBs athletically). He might go in the first, but I'd be really happy if a team picks him before I'm up.

If it didn't have to be with my first pick, and the owner of the team I'm picking for was okay with it, I'd consider Mixon before Fournette and Cook, in all honesty.

I see what you mean. What team do you like? I'm new, so I'm not really familiar with any usernames and don't associate them to any teams yet, lol. And I would agree, Mixon is my favorite RB in this class as far as on the field is concerned. His stock is just all messed up from his 2014 punching incident. People are treating it like it's the worst thing that's ever happened, but she did shove him first. Of course, his response was completely out of line, but I think the concern is a little overstated.
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this on twitter. Not sure how accurate it is, but it certainly is interesting info if accurate. Looks like McCaffrey and Fournette were facing stacked boxes at a much higher rate than other top prospects.

@Marcus_Mosher's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/846759524098826240?s=09
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a little lower on this RB class than others. McC looks pretty good overall but his burst scares me. He maybe too slow to run up the middle successfully. He he can then I love the BW comparison. Fournette looks a bit too much like a pure north/south runner so there is a downside that if he doesn't have the wiggle/power like a Peterson or Lynch than he won't be as special (see what has happened with Gurley).
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColeTrain wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
When it's all said and done, I think 3 backs in this class have a decent chance to have better careers than McCaffrey, assuming they don't go to highly dysfunctional destinations.

That being said, he's a good player. He just won't fit on every team.

Which 3? I would guess Fournette, Cook, and Mixon.

Yeah. It's not an indictment against him. I think Mixon, Fournette, and Cook can be a top 5 backs in the NFL. IMO all have more power/tackle breaking ability than McCaffrey, which I value more in backs than some on this board, which may or may not be to my detriment.

McCaffrey on the right team could be the best of the 4. But on the wrong team, he could easily be the worst.

And I don't agree that McCaffrey is Shady Mccoy 2.0, but it's an intriguing comparison.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/CMcCaffrey5/status/854742776273133568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fdamn-christian-mccaffrey-got-some-quick-feet.724340%2F

mike23md
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CMcCaffrey5/status/854742776273133568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fdamn-christian-mccaffrey-got-some-quick-feet.724340%2F

It's sped up. Look at the TV in the background.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

It's sped up. Look at the TV in the background.

Naw. Search for Gillette ProShield Chill on YouTube.

The guy has a future in dance dance revolution
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's my favorite RB in this class. Not that it's worth much, mind you. I just like watching him play, he's such a multi faceted weapon. If I'm being honest with myself, he's probably my 2nd favorite WR in this class too. Just a shade or two below Mike Williams.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senor Mortgage wrote:
Im a little lower on this RB class than others. McC looks pretty good overall but his burst scares me. He maybe too slow to run up the middle successfully. He he can then I love the BW comparison. Fournette looks a bit too much like a pure north/south runner so there is a downside that if he doesn't have the wiggle/power like a Peterson or Lynch than he won't be as special (see what has happened with Gurley).

I just don't get these claims. Sure he's not Chris Johnson in that regard, but he certainly has good burst, which combined with his instincts should more than suffice to be an effective runner between the tackles
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will make an even better WR than RB. He already knows many of the pro-style routes and runs them well.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Mayock, he is #2 overall now. There is no way as a prospect he can pass Fournette, as a pro, who knows!!!
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Senor Mortgage wrote:

I just don't get these claims. Sure he's not Chris Johnson in that regard, but he certainly has good burst, which combined with his instincts should more than suffice to be an effective runner between the tackles

I agree, he has a very solid burst and as for the quality of this RB class, it is elite in every way. If Mixon was clean on character, this class of RB's might be one of the best of all time.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid player who can catch out of the backfield. Please STOP with the WR stuff. Dude is a RB, period. The reason McCaffrey and Fournette faced stacked boxes is due to their bad QB play. LF has good hands and can track the ball well. McCaffrey can run up the middle of the field well. The scheme will dictate how successful they are as pros. Is McCaffrey the best RB in this draft? To me, no. Fournette is too big, too fast and makes defenders hesitate to tackle him. Fournette has been my number 1 RB for the last two years.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want him to be on IR constantly then make him a full-time runningback. If you want him to have a long productive career than make him a receiver.

I see a Reggie Bush type prospect with far more potential as a receiver. And we all saw how difficult it was for Bush to succeed as a RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: