Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread III #DoTheOppositeofMagross
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
I'm warming up to Conley at 14.

That's what I like to hear.

He might not make it to us though if the buzz in the media right now is accurate.

Hoping hes way gone before 14 so eagles dont even consider him. Him and Caff both are 2 i Do not want or like.
jaymiz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

He might not make it to us though if the buzz in the media right now is accurate.

Hoping hes way gone before 14 so eagles dont even consider him. Him and Caff both are 2 i Do not want or like.

Hence the name of this thread...
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Conley a while ago, and people on here didnt seem to like that idea. I just think he projects well to the Eagles since he plays man to man much of the time.

Conley or Mcaffrey would be the one id most want out of round 1. There is several CB's id take at 14 though if we cant or wont get either.

I do not want Dalvin Cook though. If we take him, ill root for him, but there is so many other players Id rather have.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
I found a little relief in knowing they worked out Cameron Johnston P Ohio St, Donnie Jones can't punt forever.

Johnston 46.7 punting avg. Aussie punter

Wasn't surprised he had a youtube highlight clip, 30mins long I was surprised about though.

The same guy that all he had to do was punt the ball and drastically [inappropriate/removed] up vs michigan 2 years ago lol

I don't know what he did vs Michigan 2 years ago, my point is he's someone that could be brought in as a UDFA to push Donnie Jones.
magross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
magross wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
I found a little relief in knowing they worked out Cameron Johnston P Ohio St, Donnie Jones can't punt forever.

Johnston 46.7 punting avg. Aussie punter

Wasn't surprised he had a youtube highlight clip, 30mins long I was surprised about though.

The same guy that all he had to do was punt the ball and drastically [inappropriate/removed] up vs michigan 2 years ago lol

I don't know what he did vs Michigan 2 years ago, my point is he's someone that could be brought in as a UDFA to push Donnie Jones.

no i agree any competition is good, but im sure they'll be better quality competition.

and hes the one that muffed the catch on the snap and didnt attempt to fall on the ball which michigan picked up then returned for a game winning TD there was like 13 seconds left on the clock
magross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaymiz wrote:
magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

damn straight lol. Im just not a fan of Conley, everyones so high on him, I just think hes overrated, when you play on a defense that has all top notch defenders its easy to make mistakes and no one see em, thats why i like tre'davious white or a handful of other CBS. Rather have a player that stands out on a [inappropriate/removed] defense then a player who plays well in a defense where every player is good.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
jaymiz wrote:
magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

damn straight lol. Im just not a fan of Conley, everyones so high on him, I just think hes overrated, when you play on a defense that has all top notch defenders its easy to make mistakes and no one see em, thats why i like tre'davious white or a handful of other CBS. Rather have a player that stands out on a [inappropriate/removed] defense then a player who plays well in a defense where every player is good.

That sounds like a shot against LSU, they had pretty good defense as well though. In fact most of the top CBs this year are coming from top tier defenses.

Either A being surrounded by other blue chippers helps mask the deficiencies or they helped improve the defense.

I only knock guys on small schools putting up huge numbers offensively playing against mediocre competition. ie: WR Davis.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really prospect crushing on the idea of Obi Melifonwu as a S/CB combo. He has the size and speed and man coverage skills to lock up on players like Dez, Brandon Marshall and Jordan Reed (who always destroy the Eagles). He can also play in the box too.

Take Conley at 14 to match up with OBJ and then trade up from 42 for Obi to match up with those big WR's and TE's and then take Kazee in the 4th to be the slot.

Jalen Mills can line up outside when Obi is covering TE's or when you want him to play Safety.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
I'm really prospect crushing on the idea of Obi Melifonwu as a S/CB combo. He has the size and speed and man coverage skills to lock up on players like Dez, Brandon Marshall and Jordan Reed (who always destroy the Eagles). He can also play in the box too.

Take Conley at 14 to match up with OBJ and then trade up from 42 for Obi to match up with those big WR's and TE's and then take Kazee in the 4th to be the slot.

Jalen Mills can line up outside when Obi is covering TE's or when you want him to play Safety.

Has anyone really seen legit man coverage skills though? He wasn't covering WR's in college from what I remember?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

Has anyone really seen legit man coverage skills though? He wasn't covering WR's in college from what I remember?

I saw several clips of him playing over the slot, some mixture of off man some just reading keys into his zone. Some of it disguised as a cover 2 shell. I will say I didn't see a ton of him running with guys from the slot.

Most of his impact play is coming up in the run from the safety or covering off man downfield.
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Jlash wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:

I saw several clips of him playing over the slot, some mixture of off man some just reading keys into his zone. Some of it disguised as a cover 2 shell. I will say I didn't see a ton of him running with guys from the slot.

Most of his impact play is coming up in the run from the safety or covering off man downfield.

I don't doubt he has the athletic ability to do it, clearly he proved that. But anyone talking about moving him to corner (which I've read a few teams are) is a 100% projection based on purely physical attributes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
He ran with all the WR's he was matched up with at the SR bowl. From what I read, but yes it's mostly a projection. I am high on that projection.

You could do a ton with him in your base D potentially.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
^
He ran with all the WR's he was matched up with at the SR bowl. From what I read, but yes it's mostly a projection. I am high on that projection.

my problem with him is we need help now and he's a project.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
^

If you don't think 90% of the drafted players are projects you are kidding yourself

I can see how one would hate the idea but I think it has a real chance of working well.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
^

If you don't think 90% of the drafted players are projects you are kidding yourself

I can see how one would hate the idea but I think it has a real chance of working well.

well i think guys that have you know played a game at corner in their lives might be a little ahead of the curve on this one. Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 6 of 27

Jump to: