Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 12th pick in the NFL Draft...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Cleveland Browns Select?
Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
David Njoku, TE, Miami (FL)
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Ross, WR, Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
The Browns QB situation is:
Brock Osweiler
Cody Kessler
Kevin Hogan

Between them, they have a combined 1036 career passing attempts (nearly 80% belong to Osweiler) in 29 starts (21 for Osweiler, 8 for Kessler).

There is no scenario where they can skip a QB here. In our scenario, they gambled and lost with the Jets taking Trubisky. I realize this won't be popular but I think they take the kid from (arguably) their backyard in Kizer. This is akin to selecting a Honda Accord over luxury sports sedan (select your make and model to taste). Sure, the Accord isn't all that sexy, but it's incredibly reliable and has more get up and go than you might think. The Browns need stability at QB, as demonstrated by the (now retired) Jersey.
Perhaps they should try to trade down but stay in front of the teams in the 20s. I just don't see the value in taking any of the Qbs but Trubinsky in the top 15. All the Qbs (Trubinsky included because before last year he was a back up) have potential to be starters but none have consistently shown that ability through their college careers.

The Browns made a mistake in passing on wentz last year, they made a mistake in drafting Johnny Manziel. They really can't afford to make another mistake when drafting a qb.

They're basically a worse version of the Redskins since before the 2012 season and then the 2015-2017 seasons at QB. The Browns haven't even had as much success qb wise as the Redskins the last 1/4 century which is saying a hell of a lot!

Truthfully, the best thing for them would be to continue to ride Cody Kessler one more year just to see what happens. Hugh Jackson likes Kessler, and if Kessler gets to develop the way Cousins did he may turn into a top 15 starter within a few more years. If they can continue to build a good young team around Kessler, they may end up having a playoff team or better by 2019 or 2020.

Let's face it, the Steelers and Ravens are going to be in rebuild mode by then so the Browns and the Bengals could be battling it out for the division in 2020.

Problem for the Browns with trading down is that you have the Cardinals right behind them at 13. While I don't see Arizona trading up for a QB, if a QB they like falls into their lap (Watson? Mahomes?), I don't see them passing on him.

I think the Browns' front office needs to assuage the fan base (and to a lesser extent the owner) and take a QB here, even if it isn't the ideal situation. They have to give some sort of hope with two first round picks (or three if they choose to trade up).
I think they can trade down and miss on one qb whether that be Watson, Kizer or Mahomes because Az takes one at 13, but I don't think they can risk on missing on all 3 by trading down into the 20s somewhere because the Texans & Chiefs may trade up.

How would trading down to say 18 prevent the Texans and Chiefs from trading up to 16 or 17? I don't follow.

If they don't take a QB at 12, but use 33 as a jump point to trade up, they can sneak past the Texans and Chiefs. Remember, I was talking about them going from 33 to 21 or 22.
Oh ok, I got ya. I agree, they should do that. At the 20th pick or whatever they should try to work our a trade then to move up to ensure they get one of the Qbs, if they want to go that direction.

If I'm them, I don't, but I'm sure I'm in the minority. I'm the guy - along with my uncle in Akron - who thinks they never should have given up on Colt Mccoy as their starter.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: