Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My highest scored draft yet, with players I actually like

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: My highest scored draft yet, with players I actually like Reply with quote

Your score is: 15400 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 27 (K.C.): T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 2 Pick 30: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland (A)
Round 3 Pick 13 (ARI): Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (K.C.): Alex Anzalone, OLB, Florida (B+)
Round 3 Pick 30: Chad Hansen, WR, California (B)
Round 3 Pick 40 (K.C.): Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (COMP): Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CLE): Davis Webb, QB, California (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (CHI): Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (B+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh (A-)
Round 4 Pick 28: J.J. Dielman, OT, Utah (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 6 Pick 29: Aaron Jones, RB, Texas-El Paso (B+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado (B-)

I drafted Douglas as a S and Anzalone as an ILB.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why first-pick.com is a joke:

Pick who is BPA and a need (that we tell you is a need) and we'll give you a good grade. Pick anyone else and it's a crappy grade.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but this time I actually took guys I WANTED to take, and it just happened to align with the values to get a good grade. That is rare for me.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice score. Pretty good haul - I'd take it. Not a big fan of Watt in the 1st but you traded back so I guess that makes sense. Anzelone could be a beast if he stays healthy. Kupp & Hansen would add some much need skill at WR. If we get Douglas in the 4th, that would be great value.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on that JLambert. I think if Anzalone can stay healthy and Watt can develop further, those 2 along with Dupree and Shazier will give the Steelers the best LB corp since the Greene-Kirkland-Brown-Lloyd group of the mid 90s.

Kupp, Hansen and Shaheen would really improve the quality of Ben's weapons. Those 3, along with Brown and Bell, and possibly Bryant, would make the offense nasty as long as the OL and Ben are healthy.

Usually this game really kills your score if you double or triple up on positions like I did, but apparently the guys were high enough value/quality when I did it that it didn't matter too much for the overall score.

The first 5 guys I drafted were 5 of my top 6 guys on my wish list in this year's draft (excluding DBs which went in 1). Christian McCaffrey is the only one not on the list. I was planning on taking James Conner in 5, but he wasn't even on the list of top guys available so I figured he'd be around in 6. He wasn't though, so I went with Jones who sounds alright but I haven't actually watched him yet.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:

Pick who is BPA and a need (that we tell you is a need) and we'll give you a good grade. Pick anyone else and it's a crappy grade.

Well said!
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Well said!

I just messed with this and it also allowed teams to trade me their comp picks which everyone should know is not possible
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Well said!

I just messed with this and it also allowed teams to trade me their comp picks which everyone should know is not possible

You can trade comp picks now...

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Ghengis Graz wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Well said!

It can be fun, but it is too rigid and is not realistic enough for me. For example, you have a veteran team like the Steelers and you get higher points for constantly moving down and adding players than drafting the bet players available to improve the team. Fourteen rookies are not going to make the 2017 Steelers roster and you can't stash eight or nine players on the practice squad. It is fun, but there needs to be some tweaking including what I think is a need should be allowed to be different from what the computer thinks as well.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Ghengis Graz wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Well said!

Wow, thanks. I did not know that.
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Ghengis Graz wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Well said!

It can be fun, but it is too rigid and is not realistic enough for me. For example, you have a veteran team like the Steelers and you get higher points for constantly moving down and adding players than drafting the bet players available to improve the team. Fourteen rookies are not going to make the 2017 Steelers roster and you can't stash eight or nine players on the practice squad. It is fun, but there needs to be some tweaking including what I think is a need should be allowed to be different from what the computer thinks as well.

It needs to let you trade more from future years. More than 1st round picks. Because your don't always trade from within 1 draft.

They should also take a page from fanspeak. Multiple big boards, multiple needs charts. I think part of it is they never updated after FA what the needs are.

Hahahahaha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: