You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you think will be a 1st rd. bust?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xrade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Who do you think will be a 1st rd. bust? Reply with quote

First off, if we already have a thread like this, I apologize. I could not find it.

I was curious to get your opinions on who you think will be a first round bust in this years draft. By bust I am talking about a player who will never live up to being picked in the slot he was drafted.

My choices:

John Ross (WR) - I see Heyward-Bey in him. He may be a better WR than DHB, but he seems to hurt his hammy a lot. In the right system he may be OK, but for the most part I smell bust.

Dalvin Cook (RB) - He is very good at getting to the outside and turning on the jets - in college. I doubt he has that kind of success in the pros. He may turn into an average RB as long as he can catch the ball and stay in to block in the backfield, but as a yearly 1000 yd. rusher, I can't see it.

Marlon Humphrey (CB) - This could be just me and the bad taste I have in my mouth from Milliner (I had to look up his name). However, I saw Humphrey get beat more than once in the Championship game against Clemson. Has a 'bama CB ever been good? Just asking.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Who do you think will be a 1st rd. bust? Reply with quote

xrade wrote:
First off, if we already have a thread like this, I apologize. I could not find it.

I was curious to get your opinions on who you think will be a first round bust in this years draft. By bust I am talking about a player who will never live up to being picked in the slot he was drafted.

My choices:

John Ross (WR) - I see Heyward-Bey in him. He may be a better WR than DHB, but he seems to hurt his hammy a lot. In the right system he may be OK, but for the most part I smell bust.

Dalvin Cook (RB) - He is very good at getting to the outside and turning on the jets - in college. I doubt he has that kind of success in the pros. He may turn into an average RB as long as he can catch the ball and stay in to block in the backfield, but as a yearly 1000 yd. rusher, I can't see it.

Marlon Humphrey (CB) - This could be just me and the bad taste I have in my mouth from Milliner (I had to look up his name). However, I saw Humphrey get beat more than once in the Championship game against Clemson. Has a 'bama CB ever been good? Just asking.
John Ross is a very good route runner, DHB was not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jonathan Allen
2. Mike Williams
3. Malik Hooker (I love him but will admit that he has huge bust potential)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Mike Williams
2. Cam Robinson (as a LT)
3. Marshon Lattimore (Don't think he can stay healthy)

Props El Ramster on the sig
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams plays an AWFUL lot like the USC Mike Williams over a decade ago. Wouldn't be shocked if he busts. Lattimore scares me as well. Trubinsky, Mahomes, too.
Kyu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any T expected to play on the left side.

Derek Barnett - He was able to get by with what he had in college due to his technique and hands, but there comes a point where he'll simply be out of his league, and that's the NFL.

Dalvin Cook - I see the talent, but I also see footballs on the ground. That along with his shoulder issues are enough for me to pass. Full disclosure, I thought the same of DeVonta Freeman.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone is gassing Mahomes way too much. He's a gifted athlete, but he's still a project.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be unpopular and even though I like the guy, OJ Howard still scares me too. Freak athletic, loved him at Bama, but think hes way more athlete than football player and I could see him being very ordinary. I would still be excited if we drafted him, and pray that I am wrong but I just get a weird vibe about his game. Wont deny the potential though, its off the charts.

Watson I can see busting. Mahomes as well. Air raid guys rarely workout even though hes a great athlete.

Time will tell.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
I think everyone is gassing Mahomes way too much. He's a gifted athlete, but he's still a project.

Agree here. While I think he could be good, I don't see the hype that is pushing him up into the first round. If he goes to Houston and has to play right away, I could see huge bust.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:

Agree here. While I think he could be good, I don't see the hype that is pushing him up into the first round. If he goes to Houston and has to play right away, I could see huge bust.
He's a project, but people like his arm talent

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: