You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

broncos67's 2017 Mock Draft v2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: broncos67's 2017 Mock Draft v2 Reply with quote

Alright, gonna give this a try with one more to come before the draft.

Round 1 Pick 20:

Forrest Lamp, OT, Western Kentucky

If he's there, I think he's the pick solely because of his positional versatility. He can literally slide in at any of the 5 positions, and I think he can actually be a functional OT at the worst, while being a potential all-pro guard. It's the one pick I would totally be on board with from an OL standpoint.

Round 2- Broncos trade Pick 51, Pick 177 (5th round) and Pick 252 (7th round) to Arizona for Pick 45 in Round 2.

Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

I think Denver will look to move up to snag an offensive weapon they sorely need. Engram is a willing blocker, I don't think he'll last to 51, if he even lasts to 45, but I could see him being a great asset alongside Derby.

Round 3, Pick 82:

Jaleel Johnson, DE, Iowa

Johnson is an underrated player who is a great 3-4 DE fit. I think this is likely fair value for him at this point considering the position is a little devalued and the draft is deep. I like his rotational ability right off the bat.

Round 3, Pick 101:

Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Perine is an absolute hammer. I have gone back and forth on what I think Denver needs out of the RB position, and while it would be nice to finally land a gamebreaker, I think it's clear Joseph would like to be nasty up front. A guy like Perine who is a punishing runner is the kind of player we haven't had recently. Plus, he has a little Jay Ajayi to his game which Joseph is very familiar with.

Round 4, Pick 127

Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU

Douglas is a long bump and run corner who had a good senior bowl, although his testing at the combine was a bit dicey. He's a physical player who displayed good ball skills (8 INT) but only has one season of production. He's worth the risk here.

Round 6, Pick 203

Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC

It might be wishful thinking that he's still available, but he is undersized and guys like him are somewhat a dime a dozen from a skill perspective. He's got sticky hands though and profiles as a Cole Beasley-esque weapon (not due to race), and I could see him finding a good role in this offense over time.

Round 7, Pick 228

Tyrique Jarrett, NT, Pittsburgh

We brought him in, he's a load at 6'3 335. At this point, it's a crap shoot so I think we see if a big bodied dude can land a spot on the team.

Round 7, Pick 253

Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, PSU

Another guy we brought in. I know Elway likes to mine for OLB talent, and this is clearly someone they have some interest in. He had a ton of pressures at Penn State, and I think we need to stock rotational depth at OLB.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit that my knowledge of this year's draft pretty much bottoms out after the top 50 but I'd be absolutely stoked with Lamp and Engram.

Fify.
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

I'd be pleased with Lamp but if Bolles is there I'd take him. Best upside of any OL in the draft.

I like your emphasis on OL, trenches and weapon with our top picks.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we got that result I'd do backflips. I don't know if CB / Johnson / Switzer would all be there at the spot picked but if so that would be great value. All over Lamp / Engram as our top 2.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Lamp as a OT. I know measurables aren't everything and I know the competition against which one played in college doesn't mean everything either, but an undersized, small-school OG who'd be miscast as a LT in what is looking to be a power-centric OL doesn't compute for me.

That said, I love Lamp as a prospect. And I'm not of the school that says you don't draft interior lineman in the first round - look at the picks of David DeCastro or Zach Martin, those worked out. Just with the way this way this offseason has gone I don't see us going that way.

I also like Evan Engram. If we don't get C-Mac or OJ Howard (and at this point we'll have to trade up for both) I think he'd be a good "weapon" option in the 2nd. He's also very much a developmental kind of player and he's not going to be a traditional TE; at 6'3" 236lbs there's no way you can line him up tight and expect him to even help block the Kkhalil Macks of the world. He's a big slot, and that's nice to have, but I don't know how much a niche player is worth.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I don't like Lamp as a OT. I know measurables aren't everything and I know the competition against which one played in college doesn't mean everything either, but an undersized, small-school OG who'd be miscast as a LT in what is looking to be a power-centric OL doesn't compute for me.

That said, I love Lamp as a prospect. And I'm not of the school that says you don't draft interior lineman in the first round - look at the picks of David DeCastro or Zach Martin, those worked out. Just with the way this way this offseason has gone I don't see us going that way.

I also like Evan Engram. If we don't get C-Mac or OJ Howard (and at this point we'll have to trade up for both) I think he'd be a good "weapon" option in the 2nd. He's also very much a developmental kind of player and he's not going to be a traditional TE; at 6'3" 236lbs there's no way you can line him up tight and expect him to even help block the Kkhalil Macks of the world. He's a big slot, and that's nice to have, but I don't know how much a niche player is worth.

That's a fair point on Engram. I will say, he appears to be a willing blocker, although not a refined one. I view him much like I view Jordan Reed. Half the battle is finding a move TE who wants to get in the mix. That's what you can't coach- the technique can be coached.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a home run draft simply based on the first two picks. Lamp and Engram are borderline elite talents IMO and to get them at 1.20 and 2.45 would be a coup.

I don't love Jaleel at 3.82, my middle R3 pick at DL is Montravius Adams, but I can see the fit as a rotational guy that can fill at 34DE and NT, but his lack of explosion limits his ceiling IMO. He is more of a Vance Walker type talent than a guy you want starting 34DE long term.

Perine is more of a R4 pick to me with the RB depth in this draft. Wouldn't love or hate him at the Comp pick but think there will be better talent available.

Also not a huge fan of Rasual in R4. I don't see Elway drafting a CB that tested so poorly even if his height and style fit our scheme. Elway has really gravitated towards guys that are tough in bump/run, but also have excellent measurables.

Love Switzer in R6 and could see him being available there. Don't know much about the last two dudes.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Agree totally on the Engram point and I've been thinking it through the process. He's a Funchess type to me. Yes, he's a weapon and a length mismatch but at his size I think he's a wasted pick for this team. With the Broncos weakness at tackle drafting a TE weapon who can't make any contribution in pass pro is a wasted pick, to me at least.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and even with the above said, I'd still be extremely happy with this draft.
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Agree totally on the Engram point and I've been thinking it through the process. He's a Funchess type to me. Yes, he's a weapon and a length mismatch but at his size I think he's a wasted pick for this team. With the Broncos weakness at tackle drafting a TE weapon who can't make any contribution in pass pro is a wasted pick, to me at least.

That's why George Kittle as early as the second wouldn't surprise me. He can block and is a freak athlete. Have him gain between 5-10 pounds of muscle and he'd still be a great athlete

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

That's why George Kittle as early as the second wouldn't surprise me. He can block and is a freak athlete. Have him gain between 5-10 pounds of muscle and he'd still be a great athlete

I've moved him up ahead of Jake Butt given this is Butt's 2nd ACL tear but I would be surprised if Kittle went in the 2nd. Just so many great Day 2 prospects overall and Kittle likely goes behind Everette Hodges and maybe even Shaheen TE wise. I think the last count was that 89 guys had at least 1 national reference to a first round selection. Some really great values at TE / CB / RB will be had this year. Why I can't justify a Day 1 pick on TE.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Kittle but he strikes me as very similar to Virgil Green. Elite athlete, excellent blocker and a projection to develop into an excellent pass catcher despite being mediocre at such in college, even with the aforementioned tools. He is still a low R3, high R4 prospect to me.

This is the year of the seam buster at TE. We need to take advantage of that rather than try and force a 'rounded' pick at TE. A year with this many dynamic, proven or somewhat proven seam busting TE's hasn't ever come around. I don't view Kittle as one of those guys. We should be looking at OJ, Engram, Garrett, Bucky, Njoku first IMO. Even Jonnu Smith later (R4/R5).

Kittle is nice, but his pass catching is pure projection right now, and that leaves him as a developmental guy to me. IDK, I like him as a prospect but I think he simply doubles as a Virgil Green clone for his first 1-2 years developmentally and I want a guy that can help stretch the field sooner than later.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I'd lose my mind in a bad way if we traded up for C -Mac. I mean he is a matchup nightmare you can line him up all over the place really a modern day Magett. But, I just cant see that being worth a mid first and a 3rd round pic. His ceiling is high, and his floor is like a woodhead, Sproles but that doesn't scream first round pick to me.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Perine pick! Idk why but I've had a gut feeling for a while now that he'll end up being a Bronco.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: