You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is the best draft you've seen from a team?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: What is the best draft you've seen from a team? Reply with quote

In your opinion what is the best draft class you've seen from a team?

My pick would be the 2006 Saints. They picked good players with almost all of their picks in the draft.

1. Reggie Bush- RB: Sure he didn't live up to his draft hype, but he still had a good career and played a big role in the Saints getting their first Super Bowl victory. His play in the playoffs throughout his career was actually very good (6 touchdowns in 7 games), and he did account for over 60 touchdowns throughout his career, and over 9,000 yards rushing/receiving.

2. Roman Harper- Safety: 2x Pro Bowler. Over 800 career tackles.

4. Jahri Evans- Guard: 6x Pro Bowler, 4x 1st Team All Pro, 1x 2nd Team All Pro. Enough Said.

5. Rob Ninkovich DE: Has over 50 career sacks, and is a 2x Super Bowl Champ. Unfortunately he suffered injuries early in his career with the Saints, and eventually became a good defensive player for the Patriots.

6. Mike Hass WR: Bust

6. Josh Lay CB: Bust

7. Zach Strief Tackle: Has spent 11 years with the Saints. 1x Pro Bowler, 1x 1st Team All Pro. Not a bad 7th Round Pick, but might not even be their best pick in the 7th round during this draft.

7. Marques Colston WR: Was very underrated for much of his career, and never made a Pro Bowl or All Pro team, but he holds just about every Saints receiving record, and finished his career with 10,547 receiving yards, and 76 touchdowns. Currently ranks 44th All Time in Receptions, 49th All Time in Receiving yards, and 36th All Time in Receiving Touchdowns.

Truly an amazing draft class top to bottom, and then factor in one of the best Free Agent signings in NFL history with Drew Brees and it might just be the best offseason in NFL history as well.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those old Cowboys Drafts are probably pretty good when the got like a million picks for an over-the-hill RB.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you mean after the fact instead of like before TC?

I agree that some of those Cowboys drafts were crazy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I'm guessing you mean after the fact instead of like before TC?

I agree that some of those Cowboys drafts were crazy

Yep meant after the fact. So for my example with the Saints 2006 draft they essentially picked good to great players with 6 out of 8 of their picks. Most impressive is the fact that they did so well in the mid to late rounds with Jahri Evans, Rob Ninkovich, Zach Strief, and Marques Colston all being 4th to 7th round picks
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys have a couple that should be up there.

Also the Ravens the year they got Ogden and Ray Lewis simply because 2 HOFERS automatically make it a huge success..

It's too early right now... but the Raiders 14 draft could go down as an all time class. 2 all pro talents at key spots (Mack, Carr), a pro bowl caliber OG. A fringe starting caliber DT. A good #2/#3 CB. The first three rounds were the foundation of the Raiders becoming relevant again. And I don't think it's impossible we have at least one HOFER if not 2 from that draft.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
jarren

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons 2015 draft is pretty nice:

1) Vic Beasley
2) Jalen Collins
3) Tevin Coleman
4) Justin Hardy
5) Grady Jarrett
7) Jake Rodgers
7) Akeem King
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp in the first round in '95. Both are HoFers.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers 2007 Draft had some gems in it.

1- Patrick Willis
1- Joe Staley
3- Ray MacDonald
4- Dashon Goldson
5- Terell Brown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay's 2013 draft looked like the best in the class for a while.

1st Datone Jones (they hosed him by flipping him DE/OLB so much, still signed a $4 million "prove it" deal with Minnesota, could be their 3-tech long-term)

2nd Eddie Lacy (made the Pro Bowl in Year 1)

4th David Bakhtiari (made second-team All-Pro last year after starting the season as just a 24 year old Laughing )

4th J.C. Tretter (lost OC job to a rookie who almost made the Pro Bowl Year 1, signed for $6 million per with Cleveland)

4th Johnathan Franklin (neck injury ended career before it started)

5th Micah Hyde (great slot safety, signed for $6+ million with Buffalo)

5th Josh Boyd (starting base end before career-ending injury)

6th Nate Palmer (OLB->ILB convert started 12 games, played 14 with Tennessee last year)

6th Charles Johnson (WR made 17 starts with Minnesota)

7th Kevin Dorsey (1 career reception)

7th Sam Barrington (started 8 games for GB, presented draft pick, Walter Payton team nominee)

Jones, Lacy, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Hyde and Boyd all looked like potential long-term starters at one point. Palmer, Johnson and Barrington beat NFL expectations coming in. Dorsey was bad and Franklin never played. GB brought in great talent in that bad draft class, but they couldn't retain it (Hyde/Tretter), keep it healthy (Franklin/Boyd) or keep the momentum going forward (Jones/Lacy). Now the only player on their roster is a 25-year-old Pro Bowl left tackle who they got in the 4th round. Would have been crazy to think of a year or two in

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974 Steelers

Pick 21: Lynn Swann
Pick 46: Jack Lambert
Pick 82: John Stallworth
Pick 125: Mike Webster

4 HOFers
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
1974 Steelers

Pick 21: Lynn Swann
Pick 46: Jack Lambert
Pick 82: John Stallworth
Pick 125: Mike Webster

4 HOFers

Hard to top that one.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns didn't have a lot of picks in 2013, but every single one of them contributed in a big way.

#6--Barkevious Mingo DE
-Ended up becoming a staple of my madden teams. His terrible overall rating made it consistently easy to acquire him. Beast.

3rd--Leon McFadden CB
-Luckily the Browns avoided pothead Tyrann Mathieu, who was taken a pick later. McFadden continues to be one of the premier DB's in the league.

4th--Jamoris Slaughter DB
-Incredible work ethic. Bagged all my groceries yesterday in under 30 seconds. Plus he's got a cool name.

7th--Garrett Gilkey C
-Double-G is an inspiration. One hell of a player with one hell of a rack. If it weren't for Cam Erving's ebony flabs, Gilkey's tatties would be GOAT-level.

7th--Armonty Bryant DE
-Dude is clutch as can be. My weed dealer retired recently, but luckily Armonty was there to pick up the slack. Dank selection.

I know Pittsburgh has had some legendary drafts, but I think you could make the argument nobody did more with their draft with such few picks than Cleveland did in 2012.

Also, consider the fact that we got Josh Gordon in 2012, which gave us no 2nd round pick. Dude is lighting up the league right now. And by the league, I mean a meth pipe. He takes the 2013 class from an A+ to an A++.

Man I miss Ray Farmer and Mike Lombardi. The reason we only won 1 game last season is because they canned those two monsters of the war room.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
The Browns didn't have a lot of picks in 2013, but every single one of them contributed in a big way.

#6--Barkevious Mingo DE
-Ended up becoming a staple of my madden teams. His terrible overall rating made it consistently easy to acquire him. Beast.

3rd--Leon McFadden CB
-Luckily the Browns avoided pothead Tyrann Mathieu, who was taken a pick later. McFadden continues to be one of the premier DB's in the league.

4th--Jamoris Slaughter DB
-Incredible work ethic. Bagged all my groceries yesterday in under 30 seconds. Plus he's got a cool name.

7th--Garrett Gilkey C
-Double-G is an inspiration. One hell of a player with one hell of a rack. If it weren't for Cam Erving's ebony flabs, Gilkey's tatties would be GOAT-level.

7th--Armonty Bryant DE
-Dude is clutch as can be. My weed dealer retired recently, but luckily Armonty was there to pick up the slack. Dank selection.

I know Pittsburgh has had some legendary drafts, but I think you could make the argument nobody did more with their draft with such few picks than Cleveland did in 2012.

Also, consider the fact that we got Josh Gordon in 2012, which gave us no 2nd round pick. Dude is lighting up the league right now. And by the league, I mean a meth pipe. He takes the 2013 class from an A+ to an A++.

Man I miss Ray Farmer and Mike Lombardi. The reason we only won 1 game last season is because they canned those two monsters of the war room.

#DRAFTCHAMPIONS Laughing
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC Chiefs 2008

1.05 DL Glenn Dorsey Good, but not top 10 good. His rookie year may have been his best
1.15 OL Branden Albert Pro Bowl LT
2.04 DB Brandon Flowers Pro Bowl CB
3.10 RB Jamaal Charles Is he HoF?
3.13 TE Brad Cottam
3.19 DB DaJuan Morgan
4.06 WR Will Franklin
5.05 DB Brandon Carr Started as a rookie and still playing
6.04 OL Barry Richardson Started 49 games
6.16 WR Kevin Robinson
7.03 DL Brian Johnston
7.32 TE Mike Merritt

Six multi-year starters. ThreePro-Bowlers. One possible HoF. Some of the others played 2-3 years. Probably one of the 5 best drafts of the first decade.

J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City - Really? Super Average Players - and JCharles a possible HOF? like Really? That was a joke response...right? Please tell me it was.

I got one for u all...maybe not household names now, but, wait for it...

Dallas Cowboys 2016 Draft

1) duh, RB Zek Elliott
2) duh, LB JSmith - he will return from injury to become a beast
3) DT MColllins - 6 sacks on that DL from the DT spot? gonna be a beast
4) DE CTapper - injured 2016, but watch for his name to be mentioned a lot
4) duh, Dak...Dak...Dak - SUPER STAR - FRANCHISE QB
6) CB ABrown - solid rookie year and 2017 and beyond STARTER
6) SS KFrazier - could possibly crack the starting line up in only his 2nd yr
6) RB DJackson - bonehead move to cut him during the season (Cleveland picked him up and could soon be starting, yup he is that good..LOL)
6) duh, TE RGathers - the NEXT BIG THING IN DALLAS - HE, will be Wittens replacement and starting next year

All of these players will be starting at their respective position 2018 and I predict the following will be in the ProBowl at some point in their careers...

Zek - already arguably the best RB in the NFL
Dak - what more is there to say?
JSmith - could very well be the best Defensive Player from this draft
MCollins - former wrestler - very good player
CTapper - he has the speed and bend to become a yearly 10+ sack stud
ABrown - super fast and knows how to cover
RGathers - former basketball player - has the size and athletic ability to dominate when he learns more from the JEDI TE MASTER - JWITTEN

I know...I know...its more about what have u done for me lately or in the past - I have giving u all a glimpse into the future -

OF THE BEST DRAFT CLASS EVER - THE MAGNIFICENT 7 -

pEACe

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: