Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7-round German Mock Draft 2017!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: 7-round German Mock Draft 2017! Reply with quote

Hey,

like every year we have a mock draft taking place in our German NFL forum. Once again I took the Ravens and would like to hear your opinions, as I've just finished the Ravens draft. The draft started prior to the Jernigan trade, so it's still the original draft order.

2 trades:

Ravens sent #16 and #78 to the Arizona Cardinals for #13
Ravens sent #186 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for #204 and #212

#13 Ravens (from Cardinals) - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
#47 Ravens - Taylor Moton, OT, WMU
#99 Ravens - Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois
#122 Ravens - Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
#159 Ravens - Elijah Lee, LB, Kansas State
#204 Ravens (from Buccaneers) - Jon Toth, C, Kentucky
#212 Ravens (from Packers via Buccaneers) - Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin

Here you can have a look at the whole draft: http://nfl-talk.net/index.php?thread/27151

Not sure what to think about that draft. I definitely didn't want to uptrade in round 1 and my board had Corey Davis, Mike Williams and Taco Charlton, so I was pretty confident to get one of them after the top 10 teams picked. But when Davis and Charlton went #11 and #12 I had to do something. The 3rd rounder was a high price, but I expected someone else to jump in front of us.
In the 2nd rounder I wanted to have Charles Harris, but he was picked right before us. So I went RT with Moton. Might be a bit of a reach in the early/mid 2nd roudn, but there are not so many good OTs in the draft and I expected to get a solid edge rusher in the 3rd as well. Got him in Carroll Phillips, even though it was a tough decision between him and his former teammate Dawuan Smoot.
In the later rounds I liked the pick of Jon Toth in the 6th as he could become our starting OC from day one or learn from Nick Mangold for 1-2 years, if he is signed. Elijah Lee is raw, bout could turn into an eventual starter at the ILB position in a year or two. Howard Wilson is depth at CB or could play if we have some bad luck with injuries at CB again this year. Clement I expected to go way earlier. Not particularly a fan of his game, but as a commitee back he could do well. (Dixon suspension or possible injuries)

Last edited by Chainz on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't give up even a 3rd rounder in this year's draft, to move up a few spaces in the 1st. That 3rd round pick could easily net the Ravens a starting player.

Even with Charlton and Davis going in quick succession, that first round is stacked enough that I feel confident a really good player would be there at #16.

Other than that, this draft addresses most of the Ravens' most immediate needs. I don't know much about the players selected, after Williams.

If Toth could be a starter from day one, then I'd be all over that. He's projected to go in the 5th round or later, across the board. Centers seem to have so little draft value, for such an important position.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a 404 error on that link.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Getting a 404 error on that link.

Sorry, link should work now.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't see why we would move from 16 to 13.
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, I'd probably trade down like 5 spots and hope that Lamp is still there (which he was) or consider guys like TJ Watt, or one of the other top OL guys.

I'm also not the biggest fan of taking a pass rusher outside of the first 2 rounds as I've said before, because I don't think throwing more bodies at the position will help much unless they are an elite talent.

The rest of the draft is fine

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: