Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bashuad Breeland Contract situation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mar29020

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Bashuad Breeland Contract situation Reply with quote

he is only 25 and entering his final year. why havent we tried to lock him up yet? yeah hes not the greatest but he is a good too and still young.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO... Breeland thinks he is a lot better than he is. He going to want a huge contract. If someone is willing to pay him top 10 corner money, let him walk. He had a very up and down season last year. I'm hoping he balls out this year and earns a big contract. Time will tell!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gotta earn it and last year he was inconsistent and battled injuries. I don't think even Breeland would want to be signing off a year when he started awfully, then battled injuries in the middle of the year and never lived up to his own hype. He had an average year last year but like Marcus said I believes he deserves and wants a contract that's going to pay him $10 million a year or more. It remains to be seen if he'll earn that this year. If he does, we probably won't be able to keep him and will role with Fuller as a starter and draft a corner high in next year's draft but there's a possibility that no team will pay him close to that and we can keep him.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't extended him because we are going to draft his replacement in the first round of this draft.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
We haven't extended him because we are going to draft his replacement in the first round of this draft.

interesting. and his name is_________

Breeland was completely mis-managed last year. Young kid, ticked off Norman brought in as number 1, stopped studying and started hitting the clubs heavy duty and surprise surprise- his performance sucked. Coaches did nothing. Its on Breeland this year. Has he matured and will he focus on his profession? If so he will have a good year. If not he is gone.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Breeland was completely mis-managed last year. Young kid, ticked off Norman brought in as number 1, stopped studying and started hitting the clubs heavy duty and surprise surprise- his performance sucked. Coaches did nothing. Its on Breeland this year. Has he matured and will he focus on his profession? If so he will have a good year. If not he is gone.
Agreed, we may sign or draft a guy to compete with Fuller next year if Breeland doesn't improve this year but I don't think this is the year we give up on Breeland. I think the only way we go corner in round 1 or 2 is if they're by far the best available like if Marshon Latimore falls to us in round 1 or Humphrey falls to us in round 2 which, IMO that has as much of a chance of happening as me growing a foot and starting for the wizards on Sunday.

I don't see Allen & Gruden giving up on anyone from the 2014 draft class a year took soon. I heard McCloughan wanted to move on Murphy before last offseason and draft someone else but Allen didn't agree. All Murphy did was go out and have a 9 sack season. Then, McCloughan wanted to keep Ross over Ryan Grant and wanted to keep the guy he drafted and the guy that Gruden liked better so we ended up keeping both Grant and Ross instead of another DL like Paea or C Austin Reiter, defintiely two guys we could have used.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd work out a contract now. He's a much better player than he showed last year and we'll get him for a bit cheaper if we work the deal out now.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Agreed, we may sign or draft a guy to compete with Fuller next year if Breeland doesn't improve this year but I don't think this is the year we give up on Breeland. I think the only way we go corner in round 1 or 2 is if they're by far the best available like if Marshon Latimore falls to us in round 1 or Humphrey falls to us in round 2 which, IMO that has as much of a chance of happening as me growing a foot and starting for the wizards on Sunday.

I don't see Allen & Gruden giving up on anyone from the 2014 draft class a year took soon. I heard McCloughan wanted to move on Murphy before last offseason and draft someone else but Allen didn't agree. All Murphy did was go out and have a 9 sack season. Then, McCloughan wanted to keep Ross over Ryan Grant and wanted to keep the guy he drafted and the guy that Gruden liked better so we ended up keeping both Grant and Ross instead of another DL like Paea or C Austin Reiter, defintiely two guys we could have used.

I know you like taking shots at Scot for some reason but Trent Murphy also got suspended for PEDs. Pretty much exactly what I said was going to happen when they were talking about his weight gain and quickness improving. I'd be absolutely shocked if he even remotely resembles the guy we saw this past season when he steps back onto the field.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I know you like taking shots at Scot for some reason but Trent Murphy also got suspended for PEDs. Pretty much exactly what I said was going to happen when they were talking about his weight gain and quickness improving. I'd be absolutely shocked if he even remotely resembles the guy we saw this past season when he steps back onto the field.
+1. Also saying keeping Ross over Ryan Grant is somehow a mistake is laughable. Ryan Grant is terrible.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I'm just saying what was reported. You can call it a shot or not, but that's what happened.

You can continue to be happy you were right about Murphy taking Whatever he took and being suspended, I'm not happy about it but it did happen so we'll have to deal with it.

He's still going to be a good player in my mind, even in 2014 & 15 when he rushed from LOLB on a 5tech in our nickel/dime defense he got pressure on the qb, he just couldn't get pressure against good or great LTs because he's not a quick twitch athlete like almost all RDE/ROLBs are.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'd work out a contract now. He's a much better player than he showed last year and we'll get him for a bit cheaper if we work the deal out now.

Man, you really ARE living in my head. 110% agree.

If we worked out a contract now, it would be MUCH cheaper than if he finally "gets it" this season and balls out.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

If we worked out a contract now, it would be MUCH cheaper than if he finally "gets it" this season and balls out.
He got absolutely owned at times last year, I wouldn't extend him now. We also have a ton of other more deserving players that will need extensions next year.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

He got absolutely owned at times last year, I wouldn't extend him now. We also have a ton of other more deserving players that will need extensions next year.

^this is pretty spot on!
IMO he kinda handled the signing of Josh Norman like a baby! He made a big deal about going up against and following #1 WRs and got owned. He is going to need a really strong year if I was going to resign him!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And if he bounces back and has a really good year than he's gone. Corners get big money on the open market and he certainly would if he plays well again. The eagles have been doing this for years, extending contracts before the player really takes off and it saved their butts a few times. Instead, the redskins wait until the player plays extremely well and gets top dollar. It's stupid. Just pay him now with a deal you can easily get out of if he sucks.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Norman got owned by Pryor in the first half of the Browns game and it was Pryor's 4th game playing wr and his qb was Cody Kessler.

Breeland got owned by Big Ben & Antonio Brown and by Dez Bryant in the first Cowboys game.

CBs are not going to be perfect all the time, they get beat sometimes. He needs to put it behind him, improve and move on. Norman said he and Fuller have the talent, they just need to stay in their technique longer. When they leave their technique too soon it opens an opportunity for the wide receiver to beat them. It's not ability, it's just staying consistent and trusting their technique.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: