Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boredom Mock 2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Boredom Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

Another Mock, W/ Explanations. Go ahead and rip away.

***Trade Eagles trade #14 to MIA for #22 (1st), #97 (3rd) and a 2018 2nd Rounder. Miami Trades up for O.J. Howard. Trade gives eagles a 2nd next year and an additional 3rd this year. Miami's Comp Pick.

1st (22) - Kevin King CB, Washington
Big Physical Corner who has played multiple positions and had a good combine as well as pro day. Eagles have brought him in for a pre-draft visit as well as met with him at the combine.

2nd (43) - Joe Mixon HB, Oklahoma
Mixon checks off everything the eagles want in a RB, minus the off-field issue's. He has less issues then Cook, and doesn't lack the passion for football like Fournette. Also can be a 3 down back. Due to Oakland looking at lynch i think Mixon makes it out of round 1.

***Trade Eagles trade Pick #97 (3rd) and Pick #118 (4th) and 2018 5th to CLE for Pick #65.

3rd (65) - Sidney Jones CB, Washington
Sidney Jones makes it to the 3rd round due to the injury and other Corners who are able to start day 1 go in the 2nd. Eagles know his potential and have the ability to sit him for a year of recovery.

3rd (99) - Jordan Willis DE, Kansas St
Good pash rusher, can read and react quickly. He does need to work on pass rushing skills as he does tend to show what move hes going to do before he does it. With top talent accross the board for multiple positions, I feel he falls slightly and eagles snatch him up.

4th (139) - Davon Gadchaux DT, LSU
Overall a good DT, doesn't make flashy plays or plays for himself but rather plays team football to make a play to set up his teammates for a better situation. Doesn't project as a starter IMO, however can be a very good rotational DT.

5th (155) - DeDe Westbrook WR Oklahoma
Speedster WR with very good possesion ability. Not a Desean Jackson type speedster but one that can produce alike. A lot of speculation surrounds Westbrook as there were reports some teams felt he was lying to them during the combine, If those reports are true i see him falling to around the 5th if not, then i think he'll be a bottom 3rd-4th round pick. If not Westbrook then K.D. Cannon.

***Eagles trade Jason Kelce to KC for Pick #180.

5th (180) - Conor Mcdermott OT, UCLA
Some people have higher grades on him, my grade i have him in the end of the 4th to 5th round. He has a lot to polish on his blocking abilities however he has a high ceiling that would be worth a 5th in my mind.

6th (194) - Tarik Cohen RB, North Carolina AT
The Human Joystick thats all i gotta say. Some say hell go anywhere from round 5-7. I think he makes it to the eagles in the 6th. Darren Sproles 2.0

7th (230) - Brandon Bell, LB Penn State
Was a captain of the LB Core at PSU. Had great games against some of the top teams in college, and had a great Rose Bowl game untill his injury. Would of been a 4-5th rounder if it wasn't for the injury. So rather then attempt to sign him as a UDFA Eagles use a pick on him to secure him to the team.

Jlash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we get both of OU's domestic abusers in one draft? Sold.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

In mock 3, we'll draft O.J. Simpson and Rae Carruth too.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:

There's a certain TE in jail for a charge that rhymes with shmurder that just got acquitted. FA possibility?

Seriously, morals aside, I would like this. We'd have to run with King and Mills as our starting CBs, which is scary but you'd have a really good foundation for the future with Jones. Mixon is clearly talented but will take some time for fans to come around on. If the Eagles did their vetting then I really don't have a big problem with it. Actual picks aside, I'm hoping they do something similar; trade down a bit, still get a very talented 1st rounder (most likely a CB) and pick up a 2nd or 3rd to fill in other needs (RB, CB, etc).

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:

There's a certain TE in jail for a charge that rhymes with shmurder that just got acquitted. FA possibility?

Seriously, morals aside, I would like this. We'd have to run with King and Mills as our starting CBs, which is scary but you'd have a really good foundation for the future with Jones. Mixon is clearly talented but will take some time for fans to come around on. If the Eagles did their vetting then I really don't have a big problem with it. Actual picks aside, I'm hoping they do something similar; trade down a bit, still get a very talented 1st rounder (most likely a CB) and pick up a 2nd or 3rd to fill in other needs (RB, CB, etc).

He just didn't get two murders added to him he is still doing life for the first one he did do.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:

He just didn't get two murders added to him he is still doing life for the first one he did do.

But that murder was just him being young and immature. Everyone deserves a second chance Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Thanks Buzz Killington.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
magross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixon had 1 incident. N bcuz it was on video it's criticized more heavily. Whereas Cook has a more criminal background but is still being talked about #14 to Philly. No thanks. If you watch the video of mixon does it look bad yes but it also doesn't tell the whole story. Domestic abuse isn't a thing to take lightly but at the same time he has matured n done everything correctly since then. Whereas Cook and fournette havent.

As far as Dede Westbrook a 5th round zinger on a Tyreek Hill style player. After round 5 the risk is worth it.

If you have talent, plenty of teams will overlook criminal background. It's becoming the norm.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
"Incident" is a lovely way of saying "Cold cocked a woman in the face and broke her jaw" I want 0 part of having to cheer for him.

magross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video doesn't tell the whole story. Have you heard any other incidents besides that with Joe mixon. The video looks horrible but we truely don't know the whole story.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
The video doesn't tell the whole story. Have you heard any other incidents besides that with Joe mixon. The video looks horrible but we truely don't know the whole story.

I don't give a crap what "the story" is, doing that to another human being is never ok. Let someone else deal with him.

TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is absolutely no way Jordan Willis is available with our 3rd round comp pick. He is going late round 1 to mid round 2.

Besides that, you got a lot of talent in this draft, but that talent comes with WAY TOO MANY question marks for my liking.

Kevin King you are banking on potential to me. I don't think he's a great player right now.

Joe Mixon you are banking on character.

Sidney Jones you are banking on him retaining his athleticism from before the injury.

Dede Westbrook you are banking on a really small frame and character.

Now, is it okay to have 1 or 2 guys with serious question marks? Yes

But, your draft class through the first 5 rounds is littered with them.
magross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
There is absolutely no way Jordan Willis is available with our 3rd round comp pick. He is going late round 1 to mid round 2.

Besides that, you got a lot of talent in this draft, but that talent comes with WAY TOO MANY question marks for my liking.

Kevin King you are banking on potential to me. I don't think he's a great player right now.

Sidney Jones you are banking on him retaining his athleticism from before the injury.

No way in hell Willis goes anywhere near 1st round. Maybe late 2nd early 3rd but with all the talent he's no where near the top 64 players IMO.

Kevin King played very well as a corner. It's between him and Tre'davious white for #3/4 CB. N both would be studs under Jim Schwartz.

Joe mixon I'm banking on skill bcuz he's the best overall RB in this draft.

Sidney Jones has the work ethic and Drive. Hell be back to how he was no doubts about it.

Dede Westbrook I'm banking on his skillset. Overall a good speedy possession WR who can take tops off defenses.

Every player on this draft has questions about them. The players I have picked have all had visitations with the eagles whether it be combine or predraft and would fit with what they stated they wanna do. Only real character issues are Mixon who has shown how he matured and Westbrook depending on if reports are true. Other then that this draft would be solid.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

No way in hell Willis goes anywhere near 1st round. Maybe late 2nd early 3rd but with all the talent he's no where near the top 64 players IMO.

Kevin King played very well as a corner. It's between him and Tre'davious white for #3/4 CB. N both would be studs under Jim Schwartz.

Sidney Jones has the work ethic and Drive. Hell be back to how he was no doubts about it.

Dede Westbrook I'm banking on his skillset. Overall a good speedy possession WR who can take tops off defenses.

Every player on this draft has questions about them. The players I have picked have all had visitations with the eagles whether it be combine or predraft and would fit with what they stated they wanna do. Only real character issues are Mixon who has shown how he matured and Westbrook depending on if reports are true. Other then that this draft would be solid.

Can people change? Yes. Do I believe in second chances? Absolutely.

But, you are just assuming they've changed or will change based on nothing except for you liking their talent and wanting them to become Eagles.

Honestly, I'm not sure Mixon has matured. He didn't seem sorry about what had happened in the months after the incident. That whole press conference he did when he said he was sorry was to help his draft stock. If you don't believe me, then look no further than Mixon telling the Auburn fans to get louder as they chant "HE HITS WOMEN" before the end of the half of Oklahoma's bowl game earlier this year. He also recently ripped up a parking ticket in an attendants' face. Dude seems to have anger issues. I mean he got ejected from a HS game for punching an opposing player in the face. I don't want that dude on my team no matter how much talent he is.

I've mocked Westbrook to us a few times in the past, but he supposedly interviewed horribly at the combine. Teams thought he was untruthful and guarded about his past. He has a lot of documented off the field incidents and some others that we aren't privy to that teams are. Eagles did interview him at the combine though. Maybe a team is trying to drop his stock by saying he interviewed poorly, but there is no way to know. If he hasn't matured at his age (he's already 23 I think), then I doubt he changes though.

You don't know Sidney Jones will regain all his athleticism. He definitely could, but its not a given. Achilles injuries are tough and not all of them are the same. We don't know how his body will recover. I'm definitely willing to take the risk he does in the 3rd round though.

I like King, because you can see the potential, but I think he's gonna need time and isn't a sure thing. If you had us taking him in the 2nd I believe I could get on board, but not with our first rounder. I do think where you have him going is probably around where he actually goes, so if you do want him you kinda have to pick him.

Not in love with Willis, but that is what I've heard from draft insiders. Your evaluation may be correct, but it doesn't mean he will go in the 3rd round.

Also, the Eagles have met with all those guys except Mixon. I have looked everywhere and haven't seen anything about us meeting Mixon.
magross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
magross wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Can people change? Yes. Do I believe in second chances? Absolutely.

But, you are just assuming they've changed or will change based on nothing except for you liking their talent and wanting them to become Eagles.

Honestly, I'm not sure Mixon has matured. He didn't seem sorry about what had happened in the months after the incident. That whole press conference he did when he said he was sorry was to help his draft stock. If you don't believe me, then look no further than Mixon telling the Auburn fans to get louder as they chant "HE HITS WOMEN" before the end of the half of Oklahoma's bowl game earlier this year. He also recently ripped up a parking ticket in an attendants' face. Dude seems to have anger issues. I mean he got ejected from a HS game for punching an opposing player in the face. I don't want that dude on my team no matter how much talent he is.

I've mocked Westbrook to us a few times in the past, but he supposedly interviewed horribly at the combine. Teams thought he was untruthful and guarded about his past. He has a lot of documented off the field incidents and some others that we aren't privy to that teams are. Eagles did interview him at the combine though. Maybe a team is trying to drop his stock by saying he interviewed poorly, but there is no way to know. If he hasn't matured at his age (he's already 23 I think), then I doubt he changes though.

You don't know Sidney Jones will regain all his athleticism. He definitely could, but its not a given. Achilles injuries are tough and not all of them are the same. We don't know how his body will recover. I'm definitely willing to take the risk he does in the 3rd round though.

I like King, because you can see the potential, but I think he's gonna need time and isn't a sure thing. If you had us taking him in the 2nd I believe I could get on board, but not with our first rounder. I do think where you have him going is probably around where he actually goes, so if you do want him you kinda have to pick him.

Not in love with Willis, but that is what I've heard from draft insiders. Your evaluation may be correct, but it doesn't mean he will go in the 3rd round.

Also, the Eagles have met with all those guys except Mixon. I have looked everywhere and haven't seen anything about us meeting Mixon.

I actually hate taking a RB at all in the first 4 rounds, id rather just stick with my 6th round pick in the human joystick i think hell be fine rotationally with smallwood. But everyone saying they'll have to go after a RB and Mixons the best one of them all. if hes available in the 2nd i can see them taking him.

I agree with westbrook i have heard them rumors too thats why i have him dropped to the 5th, if theyre not true he could easily be taken in the 3rd.

Achilles injuries havent been career threatening lately. Sports science these days are incredible, and the eagles have one of the top sports science personnel departments in the country. So i easily say he comes back.

I agree king will have to get use to playing, I actually prefer Tre'davious white over King, however King has been brought in for multiple visits, whereas White has not, at least not that i can find.

Willis will be a 2nd-3rd. This draft just seems so full of players that people are like oh hell be a 2nd when he grades out to a 3rd or you'll get a 4th round corner taken in the end of the 2nd. its just gonna be rediculous to see the amount of reaches this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: