Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complete Browns Mock (Trading #12)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
I see no point in moving down from 12. They Browns would need next years 2nd for this to almost match in value.

I'm honestly over the whole "value" stuff when it comes to trading picks. Draft value charts, I don't care. If we are at 12, and we have 4 guys that we have an equal rating on, and all are at positions of need, whats the big deal if we trade down 3 spots? We aren't going to lose all 4 of the guys we covet by moving down 3 spots. I'm talking hypothetical here, not this guys mock. But to me this is simple equation. If you were flying somewhere tomorrow, but had no plans at your destination until Wednesday, and the airline offered you $1,000 and a room to wait until Tuesday to fly, would you wait? I know I would.

This is simple enough, if you have a commodity that you know is worth $50, and you know that someone will give you $50 for it, would you sell it for $30? Even if you had no use what so ever for it.

it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I like the fact that we'll have 2 1sts and 3 2nds for next season's deep QB class. ( could get more out of the trade but the whole point is for both sides to win). We will more than likely be top 10 again. An extra 1st and a 2nd might be all we need to move up and take a QB. We would still have extra ammo to either draft quality players or trade up for someone who can make another immediate impact.

Not too sold on your 25 or 33 picks though. I doubt we would need another DL unless the talent was too great to pass up on. EG Allen or S Thomas at #12. If we are careful this draft could set us up and help build a defense capable of winning championships AND leave us with enough picks for the future to keep it fueled for years to come.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
I like the fact that we'll have 2 1sts and 3 2nds for next season's deep QB class. ( could get more out of the trade but the whole point is for both sides to win). We will more than likely be top 10 again. An extra 1st and a 2nd might be all we need to move up and take a QB. We would still have extra ammo to either draft quality players or trade up for someone who can make another immediate impact.

Not too sold on your 25 or 33 picks though. I doubt we would need another DL unless the talent was too great to pass up on. EG Allen or S Thomas at #12. If we are careful this draft could set us up and help build a defense capable of winning championships AND leave us with enough picks for the future to keep it fueled for years to come.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I honestly dont see the Browns needing another 1st for next year to use as trade bait.

Swapping a first rd picks and then adding 2-3 2nd rd picks in the same draft might do it.

If the Browns are really targetting a QB and want to trade up, I honestly could see offering a team all of the 2nd rd picks to trade up. Browns get the QB and dont have to touch the picks in a future draft.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading up next year for the number 1 QB is only happening if the 1st pick belongs to a team with a franchise QB already in place. Otherwise nobody is trading him away.

The extra picks could help in trading up for Rosen or whoever the number 2 QB is though, if needed.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Trading up next year for the number 1 QB is only happening if the 1st pick belongs to a team with a franchise QB already in place. Otherwise nobody is trading him away.

The extra picks could help in trading up for Rosen or whoever the number 2 QB is though, if needed.

also who says it has to be for QB 1? I think the 3 big QBs in next year class could be a QB 1 in this years class if they were able to come out. Depending on how things play out, the Browns might not need to trade up to #1 to get the QB they want. I just hope with how bad the past two QB classes have been for top tier talent that next years class makes up for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

also who says it has to be for QB 1? I think the 3 big QBs in next year class could be a QB 1 in this years class if they were able to come out. Depending on how things play out, the Browns might not need to trade up to #1 to get the QB they want. I just hope with how bad the past two QB classes have been for top tier talent that next years class makes up for it.

I said in my post that the extra picks could be used to trade up for the second or third QB. So I agree with you.

I was just saying that there's no chance of trading up for the number one QB unless you're trading with a team that has a franchise QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: