Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complete Browns Mock (Trading #12)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkb_63

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Complete Browns Mock (Trading #12) Reply with quote

EDIT: Due to elevated concerns about the "Trade Value" of Pick 12, I've changed the exchange.

As Houston has little to no guarantee that they'll be able to trade for, or have a low (high?)
enough pick to land the big name QB's in 2018, they sell the farm to go up now and make sure
they get THEIR guy at #12 for the immediate future.

#1 CLE - DE Myles Garrett / TAMU
#2 SF - DE/DT Solomon Thomas / STAN
#3 CHI - S Jamal Adams / LSU
#4 JAX - DE/DT Jonathan Allen / BAMA
#5 TEN - CB Marshon Lattimore / OSU
#6 NYJ - S Malik Hooker / OSU
#7 LAC - WR Mike Williams / CLEM
#8 CAR - RB Leonard Fournette / LSU
#9 CIN - WR Corey Davis / WMU
#10 BUF - TE O.J. Howard / BAMA
#11 NO - LB Reuben Foster / BAMA

#12 Traded to HOU for Pick #25, Pick #57, and 2018 1st Round Pick

#25 CLE - TE David Njoku / MIAMI
#33 CLE - DT Malik McDowell / MSU
#52 CLE - FS Marcus Williams / UTAH
#57 CLE - SS Josh Jones / NCST
#65 CLE - CB Fabian Moreau / UCLA
#108 CLE - RB D'Onta Foreman /TEXAS
#145 CLE - WR Dede Westbrook / OKLA
#175 CLE - QB Joshua Dobbs / TENN

#181 (comp) Traded to SF for a 2018 4th Round Pick

#185 CLE - OT Storm Norton / TOLEDO
#188 CLE - CB Brendan Langley - LAMAR

Last edited by jkb_63 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely hate the Malik McDowell pick
MWil23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TERRIBLE value for pick #12. We should be getting A LOT more than that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Absolutely hate the Malik McDowell pick

[img]http://www.wkyc.com/img/resize/content.wkyc.com/photo/2017/01/19/gregg%20williams2_1484855384783_7725889_ver1.0.jpg?preset=534-401[/img]

I'm fine with him there because we are getting a debatable top 15 prospect with the 33rd pick due to a perceived effort question mark.
He isn't going to have Ray Horton as his defensive coordinator, he will have Gregg Williams. Gregg is all about effecting change. You don't slouch in Gregg Williams meetings. You have both feet down on the floor. You pay attention.

There's a reason why Ethan Westbrooks played and started for Williams as a Ram. He got Dominique Easley, a guy who had effort questions while in New England, to make an impact as a Ram.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no point in moving down from 12. They Browns would need next years 2nd for this to almost match in value.

Vince Lombardi
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
I see no point in moving down from 12. They Browns would need next years 2nd for this to almost match in value.

I'm honestly over the whole "value" stuff when it comes to trading picks. Draft value charts, I don't care. If we are at 12, and we have 4 guys that we have an equal rating on, and all are at positions of need, whats the big deal if we trade down 3 spots? We aren't going to lose all 4 of the guys we covet by moving down 3 spots. I'm talking hypothetical here, not this guys mock. But to me this is simple equation. If you were flying somewhere tomorrow, but had no plans at your destination until Wednesday, and the airline offered you $1,000 and a room to wait until Tuesday to fly, would you wait? I know I would.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:

I'm honestly over the whole "value" stuff when it comes to trading picks. Draft value charts, I don't care. If we are at 12, and we have 4 guys that we have an equal rating on, and all are at positions of need, whats the big deal if we trade down 3 spots? We aren't going to lose all 4 of the guys we covet by moving down 3 spots. I'm talking hypothetical here, not this guys mock. But to me this is simple equation. If you were flying somewhere tomorrow, but had no plans at your destination until Wednesday, and the airline offered you $1,000 and a room to wait until Tuesday to fly, would you wait? I know I would.

You'd better.

DizzyDean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:

This is simple enough, if you have a commodity that you know is worth $50, and you know that someone will give you $50 for it, would you sell it for $30? Even if you had no use what so ever for it.
dawgdish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Eric Mangini come back and get us fleeced on that trade down?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as criticism makes my eye twitch, thank you all for it. I've made a "bigly" change to the Trade Exchange as a result.

I know Malik McDowell is a very polarizing pick, but only 3 DT's are left on my board after the 1st Round that can make an immediate impact as a knifing 3-Tech; Caleb Brantley, Montravious Adams, and Mr. McDowell. I think Malik has the most tools for Gregg Williams to work with.

Also, I'm a huge fan of FS Budda Baker, but I don't think he makes it out of the First Round.
jkb_63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, the unfolding of this Mock is my worst nightmare, no QB's taken, TE Howard & both WR's taken, no fall of DT Allen due to shoulder concerns, and the Safeties both going way early.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkb_63 wrote:
As much as criticism makes my eye twitch, thank you all for it. I've made a "bigly" change to the Trade Exchange as a result.

I know Malik McDowell is a very polarizing pick, but only 3 DT's are left on my board after the 1st Round that can make an immediate impact as a knifing 3-Tech; Caleb Brantley, Montravious Adams, and Mr. McDowell. I think Malik has the most tools for Gregg Williams to work with.

Also, I'm a huge fan of FS Budda Baker, but I don't think he makes it out of the First Round.

You have Chris Wormley going in the first round? Surprised Wink

I like him better than McDowell. I also think what you did in your update is knee jerky in the other direction and now completely ridiculous. The original trade down wasn't great value but not impossible. IMO, this trade down IS impossible (or just one of those crazy trades that happens once every five years--ala Washington Redskins for RGIII--but is an anomaly), as much as I would like it.

I will also add that if Sashipod are using the Harvard Trade Value Chart even loosely (http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pages/the-harvard-trade-value-chart), then the original trade was actually fine value. Browns fans just don't want to hear that b/c we are hoping to get more Very Happy.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkb_63 wrote:
By the way, the unfolding of this Mock is my worst nightmare, no QB's taken, TE Howard & both WR's taken, no fall of DT Allen due to shoulder concerns, and the Safeties both going way early.

With how you have this draft shaking out (which seems very realistic), I would want to trade down as well.
jkb_63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGMrKjKbm9U

^ Although his commentary sometimes grates on my nerves, I generally enjoyed this guy's analysis and cut-ups. It's McDowell VS. Solomon Thomas, as to who's a better DL prospect.

Other than Jonathan Allen, I don't think anyone is a slam-dunk DT prospect in the 2017 Draft, but I like McDowell's potential better than the rest after I've watched more and more of him. He feels like he's at least a Desmond Bryant 2.0 clone athletically, but I do wonder how he'll respond to hard-coaching.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
jkb_63 wrote:

With how you have this draft shaking out (which seems very realistic), I would want to trade down as well.

Yep.

And I have no clue why people are saying we get fleeced in that trade. A 2nd and a future #1 to move from 12 to 25 is about right. So let's assume houston is a borderline playoff team again next year. We'd be getting 20~, 25, and 57 for 12. That's not a slam dunk win for us on the JJ chart, but on any of the ones that use actual data to decide value instead of numbers pulled out of JJ's butt, it's an easy win. And with the way he has the first 11 picks going, there's no one we miss out on who I think is worth more than Njoku, a 2nd (let's say Marcus Williams) and a future #1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: