You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RCobb18 2017 NFL Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCobb18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: RCobb18 2017 NFL Draft Reply with quote

RCobb18 2017 NFL Draft

Staying-
• Nick Perry OLB
• Christine Michael RB
• Joe Thomas ILB (ERA)
• Don Jackson RB
• Don Barclay OG
• Jordan Tripp ILB (RFA)
• Jayrone Elliot OLB (RFA)
• Jacob Schum P (ERA)

Going-
• Micah Hyde DB
• JC Tretter OC
• Eddie Lacy RB
• TJ Lang OG
• Datone Jones OLB
• Jared Cook TE
• Julius Peppers OLB

Additions-
• Martellus Bennett TE
• Lance Kendricks TE
• Davon House CB
• Ricky Jean-Francois DE
• Justin McCray OG

The Draft

1st Round

TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin, 6-4 252 lbs

TJ Watt adds another piece to the puzzle and give us a pass rushing threat off the edge. While this pick might not be exciting to some I think that Watt will change a lot of people’s minds quickly. He reminds me a lot of Clay Matthews coming out of college, both were raw pass rushers with not a whole lot of starting experience, Clay has gone on to be one of the best pass rushers in Packers history and I think Watt could possibly do the same. Watt tested in the same percentile as some of the NFLs elite pass rushers, with some coaching and added strength he could be a force on the edge. Great bloodlines coming into the NFL just like Matthews. This move allows us to move Matthews around more between ILB/OLB and hopefully reduce chances of injury.

2nd Round

Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA, 6-0 206 lbs

Ted Thompson once again taps his favorite PAC-12 school for a talented CB in Moreau. Moreau checks all the H/W/S boxes and would instantly become the most athletic corner on the roster. He is available here in the second round after tearing his pectoral during the bench press at his pro day. These kinds of injuries normally have a 4-6 month timeline so there is still a chance he could be ready sometime before training camp. Adds more depth to our depleted secondary and has starting potential down the line.

*Trade up

Packers package their 3rd round pick and their first 5th round pick to move up into the middle part of the 3rd round while acquiring a 7th round pick.

3rd Round (Trade)

Marlon Mack, RB, USF, 5-11 213 lbs

Mack is a homerun hitter, this past season 6 of his 15 touchdowns were greater than 43 yards. He plays fast on every play, and shows the patience that I think would work well in our offense. He pairs with Montgomery to give a two headed attack at RB

4th Round

Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State, 6-4 319 lbs

This is where TT strikes gold with his offensive lineman. Siragusa is a Packer offensive lineman through-and-through. At San Diego State he was a road grader who opened up lots of holes for Donnel Pumphrey. Comes in and competes for the starting position at right guard and at the very least adds much needed depth to the position.

5th Round (compensatory)

[i]Joe Mathis, OLB, University of Washington, 6-2 255 lbs

More depth added to the OLB core. With the loss of Jones and Peppers, the Packers are looking to replace over a thousand snaps from last season at OLB, and with Clay getting older and continuing to be injury prone we need depth at the position. Mathis was the most productive pass rusher on a very good Washington defense before he got hurt with a foot injury and missed the final seven games of the season. Before the injury the Huskies had 24 sacks in 6 games, afterwards they had 12 the rest of the way, 6 of those came in one game against Arizona State. Mathis is your classic tweener. He is quick off the line and does a really good job of converting that quickness into power.

6th Round

Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State, 6-3 219 lbs

Here is another H/W/S player who compares to Jeff Janis when he came out of college. Davis played in a pro-style offense at Georgia State where he was the team’s best receiver. I think it’s important that we add depth to the receiver position. Jordy is getting older, Cobb has been battling injury and ineffectiveness, and Adams is set to get a pretty hefty payday following this coming season.

7th Round (Trade)

Grover Stewart, DE/NT, Albany St, 6-5 295 lbs

Defensive line depth, very raw will need time adjusting to the competition level of the NFL.

7th Round

Eric Wilson, ILB, Cincinnati, 6-2 225 lbs

Eric Wilson has been connected to the Packers so I’m adding him to the mock. Linebacker depth who make his biggest early impact on special teams.

This is my one and only mock I'll be doing. Comments and thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, I'd be happy with Watt and Mack as two of our first three. Moreau has apparently evolved into one of the draft's most polarizing prospects without a DV record. I honestly have no way to gauge where he goes in the draft, same thing with Sidney Jones.

Overall I don't mind Siragusa there. Meets the TT benchmark for 3-cone and tests in the 90+ percentile for the vertical/broad jumps. I think he could be a powerful run blocker as you mentioned. Whether we jump at a G-only prospect is another question.

The reasons I see it as more of a possibility: a) We drafted Linsley not too long ago as a center-only prospect, and maybe TT is willing to deviate from his tendencies to mitigate the losses of Lang/Sitton; and b) We have two tackle prospects in Spriggs/Murphy who aren't even in the mix for the starting jobs because our bookends are so reliable, so OT isn't a necessity this go-round.

As for Joe Mathis, there's not a lot on the guy. I found this stat interesting:
FS wrote:
In games where Joe Mathis played, the Washington Huskies averaged 71 tackles, 4.0 sacks, .8 interceptions, 1.8 passes defended, 7.7 tackles for losses and 2 fumble recoveries per game. When Joe Mathis didn’t play, the Huskies averaged 62 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 1.8 interceptions, 4.0 passes defended, 5.3 tackles for losses and .3 fumble recoveries per game.

His foot surgery and limited experience/exposure may push him down to day 3. Really heavy hands and converts speed to power well. Hopefully his 23% body fat (combine) is a product of the surgery and not indicative of passion or commitment issues.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this draft and how you worked it. Only issue is I think Nico will be gone by the 4th. There should be a TT OL available at that spot though.

Maybe give up Mathis in the 5th to move back into the 3rd and possibly get Nico there.
Csraverage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warming up to Mack more and more with a early to mid round pick. The one thing I love about him, aside from his jump cut and toughness.....is that I go to USF, and we ran a LOT out of Shotgun and a Pistol like formation.

Which is primarily what we do here in spreading stuff out.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Siragusa pick. I personally like Isaac Asiata better, but Minnesota will reach for him at some point. I just know it. The last three picks scream TT to me as well; especially the Grover Stewart pick.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back. With Moreau I feel like it's almost a given that he will be the selection if he's there in the 2nd. As far as his tape goes he looks good, but not nearly as good as the tier one corners in this draft. He is making the transition from RB to CB and his 2016 tape looks better than his 2015, I think he is a guy that is going to continue to get better.

A lot of the mocks I have seen have Siragusa going late 3rd round through the 5th round, I could see him making it to our 4th.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my favorite mock draft that I've seen on here. Nice to see Robert Davis getting some love!
justo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoJo Mathis kinda reminds me a lot of Hau'oli Kikaha. If you can, catch him against Oregon and Stanford. Obviously his short breakout + injury isn't ideal. I think he was an NFLPA Bowl invite. I'm not sure if he's drafted, but I thought he could have been a Day 3 pick based on what he did on the field when he was healthy last year. The problem there is the qualifiers and his athleticism.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
JoJo Mathis kinda reminds me a lot of Hau'oli Kikaha. If you can, catch him against Oregon and Stanford. Obviously his short breakout + injury isn't ideal. I think he was an NFLPA Bowl invite. I'm not sure if he's drafted, but I thought he could have been a Day 3 pick based on what he did on the field when he was healthy last year. The problem there is the qualifiers and his athleticism.

I watched what I could find, I liked it for where he's projected, but I don't have a clue about the injury obviously.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
justo wrote:

I watched what I could find, I liked it for where he's projected, but I don't have a clue about the injury obviously.

Does anyone know if he actually worked out on 4/10 at his private PD? Or is the foot injury still keeping him from working out for teams?
justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
justo wrote:

Does anyone know if he actually worked out on 4/10 at his private PD? Or is the foot injury still keeping him from working out for teams?

Think all he did was the bench.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
justo wrote:

Think all he did was the bench.

He's going to have a tough time being drafted if he can't workout for teams in the next 10 days.

Someone may (probably will) take a flyer on him late, but that's about the best he can hope for right now.
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Moreau fan, but I really loved this mock.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlondeonBlonde wrote:
Probably my favorite mock draft that I've seen on here. Nice to see Robert Davis getting some love!

I'll second this.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: