Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Lons Uniforms Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: New Lons Uniforms Released Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19154129/the-detroit-lions-uniforms-2017-evolution-current-look

What are your thoughts? I really like that they went towards the old Honolulu Blue. I don't love the Lions written on the sleeve but that's being nitpicky. The grey uni's are bad and I hope we don't have to wear those much. The throwbacks are easily my favorite.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge fan of the blue pants to go with the away jerseys. Throwbacks are nice and simple I guess. For the color rush, I would've rather have them go with the "chrome" as Ebron called it, than all blue and end up looking like a smurf.
EhJae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid that the uniforms would be a downgrade but I really like them. I don't hate any of the four and my top to bottom goes as this:

1) Color rush - I was hoping that was the color last year (even though they didn't wear the black uniforms). To some, the color rush uniforms aren't great but I absolutely think they turned out awesome. I wish the online store would capitalize on the silver/gray with the hoodies or shirts but oh well, I suppose.

2) Away - While awaiting the uniform announcement, I decided to research some possibilities on what direction the Lions could possibly go. The blue pants of the 90's Lions was something that caught my eye. I wasn't a fan of that before seeing the uniform reveal but the more I see the away uniform, the more I'm digging the blue pants look. The white away jersey looks so clean.

(Side note: it has been stated that the home silver/gray pants could be worn with the away white jersey, which probably means the blue pants could potentially be worn at home sometime like how the Chiefs wear red on red for their uniform sometimes)

3) Tie between Home and Throwback - Both of these weren't changed a whole lot. It's nice to see the throwbacks after not seeing them for 2-3 years (I can't really remember the last time I saw them) and the home jerseys look good with the silver/gray numbers. The home uniform is slightly ahead of the throwback for me but I'll rank them as too close to call.

Overall, the Nike guy/Lions fan did a great job. These turned out better than I imagined and I really like the direction of this team going forward. Here's hoping that Martha, Wood, Quinn, Caldwell and the new looking Lions continue to progress and build something special. Detroit fans deserve to see success and I'm excited to see what the future holds for the Lions.
mijags

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the all grey color rush
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like them. I appreciate that they got rid of most, if not all, of the black on the uniforms. Anything black on those uniforms reminds me of the 2000s which I believe were the darkest years for Lions fans of any generation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: