Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Eli Manning alleged in phony "game worn" equip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:
Send him to prison where he belongs. Thug.

What should be done is that the giants and Eli should have to refund everyone who ever purchased a piece of game worn memorabilia of any Giant player since this began about 12 years ago. The value of which has now plummeted due to this scandal.

It is hilarious that they did this to Straham himself.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:

Other NFL players that have committed this type of fraud were actually sent to prison. It's no joke.

Mack on the sig
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacate his Super Bowl wins. It's only fair.
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely disgusting. Somewhere a little boy got a game worn jersey from his second favorite Manning and it turns out he didn't even wear it in a game? They should absolutely take away the Patriots' 2018 second rounder at the very least, just to be safe. If this turns out to be true I'd say take the Patriots 2018 1st as well.
lancerman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All joking aside. This is pretty substantial allegation of fraud when you consider how lucrative the market it is dealing with is. I think the statute of limitations ran out, but it's a serious and the FBI was involved at one point. If there is any truth to it, it's a really really bad look for Eli and the Giants.

Hopefully it's not.
scrimmage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
scrimmage wrote:

Other NFL players that have committed this type of fraud were actually sent to prison. It's no joke.

I agree. Does this look like the face of an innocent man to you?

You can see the guilt on his face.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
scrimmage wrote:

I agree. Does this look like the face of an innocent man to you?

You can see the guilt on his face.

Eli is a master criminal. It's only logical that he's in cahoots with Jimmy Hoffa as they both reside in the Meadowlands.

aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
This is absolutely disgusting. Somewhere a little boy got a game worn jersey from his second favorite Manning and it turns out he didn't even wear it in a game? They should absolutely take away the Patriots' 2018 second rounder at the very least, just to be safe. If this turns out to be true I'd say take the Patriots 2018 1st as well.

Agreed because maybe that kid thought it was a game-worn helmet used in the super bowl against the Patriots! If that's the case, if it weren't for the Patriots, the kid wouldn't have thought that.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:

Thats funny. But on a realistic note the difference between a game worn jersey and just a jersey is over $1k. Somebody was scammed out of some serious money.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

Thats funny. But on a realistic note the difference between a game worn jersey and just a jersey is over $1k. Somebody was scammed out of some serious money.

I agree but I think more than the actual money it's the meaning behind the jersey. First off with players trading jerseys after games, keeping them and giving them to friends and family I'd guess there's 100 or less game worn Eli Manning jerseys available to the public. If someone is willing to drop $1,000 on one of them it's most likely their prized possession and they have to be a super fan of Manning or the Giants. To have a lifelong fan get something they cherish and have it turn out to be fake because their favorite player lied about it must really suck. Plus now everyone who owns a "game worn Eli Manning jersey" will question it even if it's legit which sucks too. That being said it doesn't really impact the game so I can see there being no real penalty, maybe just a slap on the wrist for making the league look bad.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge deal but if it's true I'd make him donate every jersey for the rest of his career to charity including SB ones if he makes it to another one.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:

I agree but I think more than the actual money it's the meaning behind the jersey. First off with players trading jerseys after games, keeping them and giving them to friends and family I'd guess there's 100 or less game worn Eli Manning jerseys available to the public. If someone is willing to drop $1,000 on one of them it's most likely their prized possession and they have to be a super fan of Manning or the Giants. To have a lifelong fan get something they cherish and have it turn out to be fake because their favorite player lied about it must really suck. Plus now everyone who owns a "game worn Eli Manning jersey" will question it even if it's legit which sucks too. That being said it doesn't really impact the game so I can see there being no real penalty, maybe just a slap on the wrist for making the league look bad.

I agree that nothing will come of it. From my understanding this is a civil case so Eli will have to fork over some cash to make it go away. IF it were a criminal case there would be a compelling argument for fraud.

minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants had a media day today and for the first time I can honestly remember in the 13 years Eli has been here, he actually showed some emotion.

https://twitter.com/NYGDaily/status/855103103510728704

Seems very adamant about where he stands and angry that these accusations have even been lobbied against them. Good for him. If they aren't true and you've been as good of a guy as Eli has been, then it's got to be a frustrating situation.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Giants had a media day today and for the first time I can honestly remember in the 13 years Eli has been here, he actually showed some emotion.

https://twitter.com/NYGDaily/status/855103103510728704

Seems very adamant about where he stands and angry that these accusations have even been lobbied against them. Good for him. If they aren't true and you've been as good of a guy as Eli has been, then it's got to be a frustrating situation.

Eli is a stupid jerk who I hate, but I doubt he willingly did this. Their entire family are a generous bunch.

raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
This is a witchhunt! Fake news! Very sad.
We need a special prosecutor. Lock him up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: