You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Eli Manning alleged in phony "game worn" equip
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: QB Eli Manning alleged in phony "game worn" equip Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/04/13/eli-manning-giants-qb-tried-to-pass-off-jerseys-as-game-worn-to-fool-collectors.html

Source aside, this is an absolute bombshell if it's proven.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt Elisha is scamming people with fake merchandise considering the profits off of it would be nothing compared to what he makes in a year.

But if it's true, who cares? Elisha giving misrepresented merchandise is about as stupid as deflate ga- Oh god Elisha is gonna get suspended for the entire season because he gave fake merchandise away and it will be called "Detrimental to to the league" the Giants are gonna lose their first round pick and Odell Beckham will tweet about it and get suspended for four games.

Or this could just be an offseason puff piece to get clicks because people will write an article about anything football related this time of year.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
I really doubt Elisha is scamming people with fake merchandise considering the profits off of it would be nothing compared to what he makes in a year.

That's what i thought at first. But reading the article, it sounds like Eli had a contract with some company to provide game worn gear, and he didn't have the gear. So he asked one of the Giants staff to get something that could pass as game worn.

I don't think this should result in any significant penalties. If the league gets involved, that will be a shame. All that should really happen here is the company breaks ties with Eli, sues him for whatever damages are worth, and they settle privately for some amount.

~T.S. Eliot
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a witchhunt! Fake news! Very sad.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give him the death penalty!

Nacho Simulation Football League
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: QB Eli Manning alleged in phony "game worn" eq Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/04/13/eli-manning-giants-qb-tried-to-pass-off-jerseys-as-game-worn-to-fool-collectors.html

Source aside, this is an absolute bombshell if it's proven.
[b]

I DON'T THINK I'M CRUEL, BUT, PERSONALLY, I THINK ELI SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!

I mean, look how hard the NFL is nowadays at poor misunderstood drug abusers, woman-beaters, and handgun-bearers. If the league is going to suspend guys, ban guys, render them social pariahs denied the chance to make millions playing football, all for mere boyish hi-jinks, why, then Eli ("Elisha"-? Really?) ought to at least get Life Plus 99 Years in the State Penitentiary at Dannemora for fraudulently dinging and scuffing helmets, so that worshipful fan-boys can be duped into paying thousands of dollars for supposed "game-worn" articles. See that dent? -right there? -on the very top of the helmet? Whyyyy, VONTASE BURFICT put that one there, with one blow of his great fist!

It's enough to make the blood of right-minded persons everywhere boil. What do all the deaths from unregistered hand guns matter, next to Eli and his minions flailing helmets with chains, scoring them with rasp files, blackening them with Jason Pierre-Paul fireworks? It's an outrage, I tell you!

.....You know, maybe burning at the stake is a little harsh. How about being sentenced to face NFL defenses for ten more years, being "protected" by Marshall Newhouse, and forced to throw to Reuben Randle every play?

That, for Eli, would be a Fate Worse Than Death.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
This is a witchhunt! Fake news! Very sad.

I like Eli... great guy.. he's a good friend of mine...but he's low energy. Very sad.

This is a civil suit and not an integrity of the game issue. I don't really see the league getting involved with it. If it's true though makes that Walter Peyton man of the year award pretty funny. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood the fascination with memorabilia to begin with. I own a single piece of Giants gear - a hat that sits in a cupboard at work.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I've never understood the fascination with memorabilia to begin with. I own a single piece of Giants gear - a hat that sits in a cupboard at work.

anymore I go for team based gear. Jerseys are great, but those guys usually don't stick forever. The Vikings will though so I'd prefer a shirt over a jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock them cap space. Take away draft picks.
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Dock them cap space. Take away draft picks.

Exactly. I wouldn't care so much about this if John Mara wasn't such a self-righteous [inappropriate/removed]. Throw the book at them.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Same. Especially for something like actual game memorabilia. How can that truly be verified. Seems so simple to scam fans and Eli probably isn't the only one involved.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is pretty low for Eli and the equipment guy. If you are selling something that is game used it should have been warn in the game. If it was not game worn it then should say game issued. I think there should be some type of punishment.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara...I mean Goodell won't let anything happen to Eli.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me firmly in the "I don't care" camp.

I hope this isn't some story the media force feeds us the next 5 months though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: