You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Mock 6.0 Edited
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Very good receiver at a young age at a respectable school. I've seen bigger surprises.

I'm really not digging this age infatuation you've had this year. It feels like you're prioritizing age over film. The skill-set isn't there. JMO.
Nothing new, it's always a big deal with skill position players. A good 21 year old has much more value than a good 24 year old. That's three more years of experience. I would hope the 24 year old is better.

Except that isn't true. We're evaluating draft prospects. What goes into that 24 year old and 21 year old being good is what matters. You're ignoring the important parts of evaluating to fixate on something that is a very small part of an evaluation.

The LBC wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
The fact is, Ford was a productive player at VTech at the age of 19. I'd take that over someone that was productive at an older age at Eastern Washington or East Carolina, for example.

What production is is completely pointless if it's not viewed in the context of how it's actually achieved.

LBC hits the nail on the head. I don't want Zay Jones or Cooper Kupp because they are productive. I want them because of the skill-set they offer. Ford doesn't offer that skill-set.

I give zero craps about production except insofar as it is tied to their superior skill-set. But it's also noteworthy that Kupp posted 93 catches for 1691 yards and 21 TDs at 20 years old. So your production at a young age argument here is extremely weak.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: