Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Mock 6.0 Edited
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Mock 6.0 Edited Reply with quote

With this mock I am doing what I would do If I was the GM. I feel that after this draft, with the free agency that we just had, that we will have a very talented team with some depth finally. I think that if we can execute on the picks that we have that we will be a team that can make a lot of noise and fight for an playoff spot. I decides once again to try something different and switch this one up with a different look and situation for the Rams. Let me know what you think of different mock.

2017 NFL DRAFT

Key Targets Off of the Board Before Pick #37

T.J. Watt, Forest Lamp, Evan Engram, Zay Jones and Ju Ju Smith-Schuster goes right before our pick.

***Trade Alert*** The Los Angeles Rams trade 2nd Round Pick #37 to the Minnesota Vikings for 2nd Round Pick #48, 3rd Round Pick #79 and 5th Round Pick #160. The Rams decide to jump out of the top 5 in the 2nd Round in order to grab an extra 3rd and 5th Rounder. The Rams decide that there is some strong talent in the middle of the draft. So we decide to focus on building an explosive team.

2nd. Round #48 (Vikings) Ahkello Witherspoon-CB, Colorado

The Rams grab one the drafts best sleepers in Ahkello. Witherspoon is an extremely talented corner with great awareness, good speed, good hands and uses his height and vision very well. The Rams decide to get there guy now in this very talented db draft. There have been a lot of reports of Witherspoon visiting with teams that are slotted at near the end of the second round. So we make sure we grab our now while we can.

3rd. Round # 69 Josh Reynolds-WR, Texas A&M

The Rams grab them a future star in the making in Josh Reynolds. This kid seriously reminds me of the former Aggie Mike Evans. Josh is Big, Fast, has great hands, good vision and smarts and plays very strong despite his narrow frame. He is a monster with the 50/50 jump balls.

3rd. Round # 79 (Vikings) Carlos Watkins-DT, Clemson

The Rams make Wade Phillips really happy with adding another playmaking defensive starter. Watkins will give the Rams a very big and disruptive force up the middle. He will come right in as an starter and give us an even scary front seven.

4th. Round # 112 George Kittle-TE, Iowa

McVay grabs another very offensive weapon in order to help stress the defenses. Kittle is an complete tight end that has excellent hands, good route runner and strong blocker.

4th. Round Pick # 141 (Comp Pick) Alex Anzalone-ILB, Florida

This kid will come in on special packages and give the opposing offenses hell. Alex if he can prove to stay healthy can be a star in this league. He will come and be an great rotational player as a rookie for us.

5th. Round Pick # 149 Jon Toth-OC, Kentucky

Jon has had an excellent college career and finished it off with an good senior bowl week. He will come in and eventually replace John Sullivan as our starter at center.

5th. Round Pick # 160 (Vikings) Isaiah Ford-WR, Virginia Tech

I really like Isaiah and feel like he can end up being a really good gem late in the draft. Ford might of ran a slow forty, but he runs really good routes and has very strong hands.

6th. Round Pick # 189 Rayshawn Johnson-FS, Miami

Rayshawn will come as a special teams ace and also give us some good young depth at the safety position.

6th. Round Pick # 206 (Miami) Ejuan Price-OLB, Pittsburgh

I love this kid, Ejuan reminds me of an young London Fletcher. He is a playmaking wrecking ball that destroys the ball carrier. Price is another possible draft gem that can be a steal late in the 6th.

7th. Round Pick # 234 Joe Ivie-DE, Florida

The Rams decide to take a flyer on another defensive lineman with some explosiveness. Joe will come in and compete for a rotational spot on the Rams talented defensive line.

[/b]Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Robert Woods
ZWR: Josh Reynolds / Isaiah Ford
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee / George Kittle
LT: Andew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan / Jon Toth
RG: Rob Havenstein
RT: Greg Robinson

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Carlos Watkins
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: Connor Barwin / Ejuan Price
LILB: Mark Barron / Alex Anzalone
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon / Kayvon Webster
SLCB: Nickell Roby-Coleman / E.J. Gaines
FS: LaMarcus Joyner / Rayshawn Johnson
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Lance Dunbar
PR: Tavon Austin

Last edited by RamsFan24 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. How did we take Witherspoon and end up with two other picks from the Vikings?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is good, but I gotta fight you on some of these comparisons, my friend. Josh Reynolds does not compare to Mike Evans. Evans bullied DBs with his superior size and strength. Reynolds uses his quickness and body control to create separation. They can both win in the air, but Reynolds isn't Mike Evans good at it.

I also don't see London Fletcher in Ejuan Price at all. I like Price, but he's not at all that sort of player. He's an edge rusher who didn't have the hottest of motors in college. I'd take a flyer on him in the late rounds because he has a very intriguing skill-set (small but very strong; can stack blockers at the POA despite being 5'11" 240).

The one pick that I really don't like is Isaiah Ford. I don't see him separating in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be more creative. I want to know what YOU would do, because it's YOUR mock.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Guys, some how my computer was acting up, I just updated the missing portion of my mock draft, hopefully you enjoy it.

RamsFan24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The draft is good, but I gotta fight you on some of these comparisons, my friend. Josh Reynolds does not compare to Mike Evans. Evans bullied DBs with his superior size and strength. Reynolds uses his quickness and body control to create separation. They can both win in the air, but Reynolds isn't Mike Evans good at it.

I also don't see London Fletcher in Ejuan Price at all. I like Price, but he's not at all that sort of player. He's an edge rusher who didn't have the hottest of motors in college. I'd take a flyer on him in the late rounds because he has a very intriguing skill-set (small but very strong; can stack blockers at the POA despite being 5'11" 240).

The one pick that I really don't like is Isaiah Ford. I don't see him separating in the NFL.

Hey jrry, I added the missing part of my mock, thanks for the response man. When I'm saying Reynolds reminds me of Evans. I'm pertaining to certain characteristics . Now you should already know that I'm not comparing a top 10 talent in the draft to a top 70. I was just stating that some of his game at times is similar. Josh plays big and strong when the ball is in his area like Mike.

As for the London comparison, same as above obviously. Price at times has certain traits like his motor, vision, heart, good tackler, very aggressive, small for his position and will probably be an even better pro than in college.

Now i knew the Ford hate, lol, was coming, I seen early in a mock or something that you dont care for him. But I feel that he can, Ford consistently has been a very receiver as the go to receiver.

jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Hey jrry, I added the missing part of my mock, thanks for the response man. When I'm saying Reynolds reminds me of Evans. I'm pertaining to certain characteristics . Now you should already know that I'm not comparing a top 10 talent in the draft to a top 70. I was just stating that some of his game at times is similar. Josh plays big and strong when the ball is in his area like Mike.

As for the London comparison, same as above obviously. Price at times has certain traits like his motor, vision, heart, good tackler, very aggressive, small for his position and will probably be an even better pro than in college.

Now i knew the Ford hate, lol, was coming, I seen early in a mock or something that you dont care for him. But I feel that he can, Ford consistently has been a very receiver as the go to receiver.

You mentioned Witherspoon at the top, so I figured he was the second round pick after a trade down. I'm good with it.

I don't see it with Ford. There are a lot of guys who were productive in college that just don't have the ability to be anything in the pros. Ford doesn't have the size and strength to bully NFL defenders. He isn't a crisp enough route runner to win consistently there, and he isn't athletic enough to win with athleticism. Yes, there's a chance he becomes a quality route runner and uses that skill to win in the NFL. But you're having to make a lot of projections on things that don't currently exist in his game.

I will be surprised if he's a good NFL WR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

You mentioned Witherspoon at the top, so I figured he was the second round pick after a trade down. I'm good with it.

I don't see it with Ford. There are a lot of guys who were productive in college that just don't have the ability to be anything in the pros. Ford doesn't have the size and strength to bully NFL defenders. He isn't a crisp enough route runner to win consistently there, and he isn't athletic enough to win with athleticism. Yes, there's a chance he becomes a quality route runner and uses that skill to win in the NFL. But you're having to make a lot of projections on things that don't currently exist in his game.

I will be surprised if he's a good NFL WR.
Very good receiver at a young age at a respectable school. I've seen bigger surprises.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Very good receiver at a young age at a respectable school. I've seen bigger surprises.

I'm really not digging this age infatuation you've had this year. It feels like you're prioritizing age over film. The skill-set isn't there. JMO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

I'm really not digging this age infatuation you've had this year. It feels like you're prioritizing age over film. The skill-set isn't there. JMO.
Nothing new, it's always a big deal with skill position players. A good 21 year old has much more value than a good 24 year old. That's three more years of experience. I would hope the 24 year old is better.

The fact is, Ford was a productive player at VTech at the age of 19. I'd take that over someone that was productive at an older age at Eastern Washington or East Carolina, for example.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Nothing new, it's always a big deal with skill position players. A good 21 year old has much more value than a good 24 year old. That's three more years of experience. I would hope the 24 year old is better.

The fact is, Ford was a productive player at VTech at the age of 19. I'd take that over someone that was productive at an older age at Eastern Washington or East Carolina, for example.

What production is is completely pointless if it's not viewed in the context of how it's actually achieved.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Be more creative. I want to know what YOU would do, because it's YOUR mock.

Please enlighten me on what you meant sir? Because this mock was surely different and creative from what I've previously done before.

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Are you really suggesting you want Ford over Cupp and Jones? Laughing
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

Are you really suggesting you want Ford over Cupp and Jones? Laughing
No. Cupp is close, not gonna lie. But I'm just stating my reasons why Ford in the 5th is not a bad pick. I'm not crazy high on Ford either.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

What production is is completely pointless if it's not viewed in the context of how it's actually achieved.
Completely agree. I don't view Ford as a compiler like Kupp and Jones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: