Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys wanna see a meltdown, watch our forum if Myles isn't the first pick. Laughing

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
If you guys wanna see a meltdown, watch our forum if Myles isn't the first pick. Laughing

Isn't the Cleveland draft always a meltdown?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

For a Canadian, that wasn't very nice.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Hey, I have been a Brown's fan for over 65 years, but facts are facts and the owner is just terrible and the GM from last year's draft(trading out of drafting Wentz), does not appear to have a clue on how to build a winner.

Just have mercy on me, only a Cleveland fan can understand how we feel.
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Hey, I have been a Brown's fan for over 65 years, but facts are facts and the owner is just terrible and the GM from last year's draft(trading out of drafting Wentz), does not appear to have a clue on how to build a winner.

Man you have years of pain... if you ever need to work through that with someone The Counselor is your guy!

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

To be fair, many people thought CLE was making the right move trading down from the spot, Wentz wasn't projected to be as ready as he ended up being. So it's hard for me to bag on the new GM. It's not like he wasted picks on guys like Justin Gilbert or Johnny Football - that's pretty much undefendable.

The same GM's turned the franchise draft fortunes around in a huge way - the number of early top 75 picks in this draft, where it's so deep, and next year, where it looks like there are 2-3 QB's who seem way higher on the NFL board of readiness/ceiling than anyone this year, well, I'd actually have hope as a Browns fan. Draft-wise, both Coleman's look like they'll be around for a long time, and Ogbah really came on 2H of last season. Nassib you have to give a pass for his injury, can't really do much about that. You're looking like everyone but Kessler will be a starter from all your Rd 1-3 picks from your new GM's first draft, and Kessler should be a capable backup QB throughout his rookie deal. Schobert's a bigger Q, but that's headed in the right direction for sure.

I've literally got no dog in this show as an DEN & AFCW fan, so take the above FWIW.
Crickett

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

To be fair, many people thought CLE was making the right move trading down from the spot, Wentz wasn't projected to be as ready as he ended up being. So it's hard for me to bag on the new GM. It's not like he wasted picks on guys like Justin Gilbert or Johnny Football - that's pretty much undefendable.

The same GM's turned the franchise draft fortunes around in a huge way - the number of early top 75 picks in this draft, where it's so deep, and next year, where it looks like there are 2-3 QB's who seem way higher on the NFL board of readiness/ceiling than anyone this year, well, I'd actually have hope as a Browns fan.

I've literally got no dog in this show as an DEN & AFCW fan, so take the above FWIW.

I still think Cleveland made the right decision trading down from that spot. Wentz started off the year strong, but regressed when he didn't have Lane Johnson at right tackle. Look how Cleveland's O-line was last year. I think that team could have turned Carson Wentz into David Carr. Additionally, they'd be going into this draft without the #12 pick, without Corey Coleman and possibly with Kenny Britt as their only legitimate receiver. Given how much of a question right tackle still is for Cleveland, I don't think Wentz would progress particularly well in that circumstance.

I think you need to put even the best QB's in a situation where they can win and if Cleveland had selected Wentz instead of trading down, he would only be in the a situation where he could lose.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

The same GM's turned the franchise draft fortunes around in a huge way - the number of early top 75 picks in this draft, where it's so deep, and next year, where it looks like there are 2-3 QB's who seem way higher on the NFL board of readiness/ceiling than anyone this year, well, I'd actually have hope as a Browns fan.

I still think Cleveland made the right decision trading down from that spot. Wentz started off the year strong, but regressed when he didn't have Lane Johnson at right tackle. Look how Cleveland's O-line was last year. I think that team could have turned Carson Wentz into David Carr. Additionally, they'd be going into this draft without the #12 pick, without Corey Coleman and possibly with Kenny Britt as their only legitimate receiver. Given how much of a question right tackle still is for Cleveland, I don't think Wentz would progress particularly well in that circumstance.

I think you need to put even the best QB's in a situation where they can win and if Cleveland had selected Wentz instead of trading down, he would only be in the a situation where he could lose.

Yup, and really, you look at his draft year 1 record, it's so far pretty solid - WR Coleman, RT Coleman, DE Nassib, EDGE Ogbah, and the one need pick in Kessler as a backup QB, all look like starters longterm except Kessler. Schobert at 4.1 might not work out, but way too soon to write him off. Day 3 picks seldom make much of a Year 1 impact, and if they miss, it's not like the success rate there is high. It's missing on the Day 1 and Day 2 picks that hurts over the long run.

There are a lot of problems in CLE, but the GM and the direction they're headed into (using cap $ they needed to spend to stay at the 89 percent min mark to get a 2nd round pick next year, where they can leverage that and other acquired picks into moving up for a QB if they don't find one in this year's class, was pure genius as a rebuilder IMO). It's nice to see the owner giving the GM/coach a real shot to rebuild a team - in reality, when you are that bad, you should get 3 years. This is Year 2. Let's see how the next draft goes, and Year 3, and then you have a good idea on whether Brown & Hue Jackson are the answer. But you need to give the plan enough time to bear fruit, no one can rebuild CLE in less than 3 years from where they started, they're headed clearly in the right direction IMO.

Anyways, back to the rumors - the Bills are doing their part to fuel trade talk to move up for QB - interviewing Watson today. Still seems like smoke to me there.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I'll just watch during the season if Garrett is the first pick and Cleveland doesn't get their QB. Skipping on the QB led to a 1-15 season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I thought this was a draft rumors thread? Lol. It has declined to a Browns draft review. Oh well, I'll keep reading, but hoping for more rumors then Browns talk
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett is the only transcendent/rare talent that you pass on a QB for.

No one else in the draft would make me go "you can't do that."
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd McShay now says Josh Dobbs could "sneak" into the 1st round. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/todd-mcshay-believes-joshua-dobbs-drafted-first-round/

Cool
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I'll just watch during the season if Garrett is the first pick and Cleveland doesn't get their QB. Skipping on the QB led to a 1-15 season.

Not true. A major lack of talent on the defense, and several injuries to the oline led to a 1-15 season. Look at how many QBs got injured playing behind that line last year. They made the right choice last year acquiring draft picks, and added some talented players as well that should develop into starters. Kessler actually played pretty well given the circumstances last season and could help them get a few wins this season with what should be an improved oline.
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Todd McShay now says Josh Dobbs could "sneak" into the 1st round. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/todd-mcshay-believes-joshua-dobbs-drafted-first-round/

Cool

Enough is enough. You created a Dobbs thread post this there... oh wait you did and still posted it here. You invaded the Browns forum with your Dobbulation. Please man keep it in the Dobbs thread. I don't want to keep reading about your Love affair with Dobbs in other threads. Keep it in the Dobbs thread so if I want to see where you are taking Dobbs on your next date I can go into that thread and find out. Thanks.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Not true. A major lack of talent on the defense, and several injuries to the oline led to a 1-15 season. Look at how many QBs got injured playing behind that line last year. They made the right choice last year acquiring draft picks, and added some talented players as well that should develop into starters. Kessler actually played pretty well given the circumstances last season and could help them get a few wins this season with what should be an improved oline.

^^^

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 21 of 78

Jump to: