Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Counselor wrote:
All this link of McCaffrey to Denver is pointless. He won't be there at 20 and of they give up assets for him that's a waste also.

There is a rumored trade back to 33. Perhaps the deal involves Joe Thomas but I doubt it. Browns have invested a lot in the oline. If a trade did happen I could see Denver moving 20 and 101 for 33 and Thomas. Again if Thomas was involved but I doubt it.

I believe the Cam Robinson interest is real. He fits the power they are leaning towards. Could play LT in a power scheme in my opinion similar to a Cordy Glenn. Lighter but more athletic than Cordy.
Robinson would be amazing for the Broncos

Yeah I would love to get him. Others might not agree.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it, but this McCaffrey to Panthers link won't die.
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:

I buy it. If the top-3 blue chip defenders are gone as well as Fournette, Howard/McCaffrey are probably the top of our board.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:

Link here:-
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/04/13/carolina-panthers-select-mccaffrey/amp/

Several media guys have started mocking him there, from seemingly nowhere so someone is seemingly plugged into it.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

per Matt Miller

—As mentioned above, Lattimore to Chicago is a hot rumor among NFL general managers. One executive I spoke with felt "99 percent sure" the Bears would draft a defensive back if they keep the No. 3 overall pick.

Per Greg Gabriel, former Bears exec

-he strongly believes the Bears are going to go QB at 3 or after a short trade down.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
per Matt Miller

—As mentioned above, Lattimore to Chicago is a hot rumor among NFL general managers. One executive I spoke with felt "99 percent sure" the Bears would draft a defensive back if they keep the No. 3 overall pick.

-he strongly believes the Bears are going to go QB at 3 or after a short trade down.

We've already established my take on Matt Miller, but could see Lattimore making sense over the likes of any of the safeties or Jonathan Allen - CB is a higher premium position (of which Lattimore is the clear-cut #1 in the class compared to the rest - what with the Jones injury now) and Allen just plain isn't that good.

I think this post exemplifies the microcosm of the Chicago situation - it's Lattimore, a QB, or a trade back (I'd probably consider them to be in that order). From what I've read it doesn't seem like Trubisky is their guy, which (again "Liars Season") it sounds like he could be the Jets' guy, so the QB talk could be an attempt to goad the Jets into making a modest jump up to get their guy. That said, if Watson is their guy (he being the one guy I've read may actually have the best chance of falling out of the 1st), there's also been ties between him and Jacksonville, Houston, and several others - so they can't necessarily bank on him being there at their natural 2nd because there will be teams perhaps more willing than them to trade back into the bottom of the 1st to get that 5th year option (e.g. Teddy Bridgewater).

That's probably the oddest twist to this whole draft: That while, even with the QB class being less than desirable, QB needy teams have and will-again reach for the position. The kicker being that most of the QB-needy teams appear to have a very specific (and very different ones at that) preference as to which QB they like - so that could either lead to some really nuts trades (whereby they'll be labeled massive overpayments because fans, in general, overvalue draft picks, but if the QB pans out the price ultimately won't matter) or there are going to be a lot of staring contests going on in the 1st round - which means a reaaaallly long broadcast.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went from "the Bucs will take Cook if he falls to 19" to "the Bucs hope Cook falls to 19 because he's the guy they want. ZOMG!!!!" because we brought him in for a visit on Thursday.

Does that count?

Otherwise, we don't really have much. A lot of people think we'll take Njoku. A lot of people think we want McCaffrey. We have people who are mixed on Peppers/Melifonwu. We even have someone saying we like Jordan Willis enough to take him at 19, but we should trade back first (he's the guy I want most; just not at 19).

We've spent the most time with Njoku, Chris Godwin, and Marlon Mack. And I wouldn't be surprised if we took (or tried to draft) Godwin in the second and Mack in the third. But that's not a rumor. Laughing

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about Chicago, the less likely I think it will be that John Fox and co will want to go without swninging so a sensible pick at 3 might as expected might not turn out that way. I think a QB has to make sense there, no way do they want to just hand the reins to Mile Glennon.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
The more I think about Chicago, the less likely I think it will be that John Fox and co will want to go without swninging so a sensible pick at 3 might as expected might not turn out that way. I think a QB has to make sense there, no way do they want to just hand the reins to Mile Glennon.

I think a QB buys you time and hope.

-Win 6 games with Glennon with Watson on the bench, you probably get another year or 2 to see what Watson has.

-Win 6 games with Glennon and not have Watson to seek to fans the 60k no shows from 2016 may be a drop in the bucket.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
per Matt Miller

We've already established my take on Matt Miller, but could see Lattimore making sense over the likes of any of the safeties or Jonathan Allen - CB is a higher premium position (of which Lattimore is the clear-cut #1 in the class compared to the rest - what with the Jones injury now) and Allen just plain isn't that good.

I think this post exemplifies the microcosm of the Chicago situation - it's Lattimore, a QB, or a trade back (I'd probably consider them to be in that order). From what I've read it doesn't seem like Trubisky is their guy, which (again "Liars Season") it sounds like he could be the Jets' guy, so the QB talk could be an attempt to goad the Jets into making a modest jump up to get their guy. That said, if Watson is their guy (he being the one guy I've read may actually have the best chance of falling out of the 1st), there's also been ties between him and Jacksonville, Houston, and several others - so they can't necessarily bank on him being there at their natural 2nd because there will be teams perhaps more willing than them to trade back into the bottom of the 1st to get that 5th year option (e.g. Teddy Bridgewater).

That's probably the oddest twist to this whole draft: That while, even with the QB class being less than desirable, QB needy teams have and will-again reach for the position. The kicker being that most of the QB-needy teams appear to have a very specific (and very different ones at that) preference as to which QB they like - so that could either lead to some really nuts trades (whereby they'll be labeled massive overpayments because fans, in general, overvalue draft picks, but if the QB pans out the price ultimately won't matter) or there are going to be a lot of staring contests going on in the 1st round - which means a reaaaallly long broadcast.
I'm not buying Lattimore for an instant considering what's gone on with Kevin White the last couple years, they aren't taking a hamstring guy I don't care how athletic he is. I think their preference is to trade down into the 5-10 range and take Watson but Idk if anybody is going to bite. My ideal scenario is trading #3 to the Browns for for #12, and a couple 2nds, take Watson then load up on DBs in round 2

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Miller also reported Titans were down to Lattimore and Williams. If Lattimore is gone, they take Williams. I'd say he's full of [inappropriate/removed] as usual.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone and their mother is mocking Peppers to the Steelers at 30. Reports are that Colbert is "in love" with Peppers. I don't buy it though.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
bananabucket

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
Everyone and their mother is mocking Peppers to the Steelers at 30. Reports are that Colbert is "in love" with Peppers. I don't buy it though.

First I've heard Peppers mentioned with the Steelers
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

I think a QB buys you time and hope.

-Win 6 games with Glennon with Watson on the bench, you probably get another year or 2 to see what Watson has.

-Win 6 games with Glennon and not have Watson to seek to fans the 60k no shows from 2016 may be a drop in the bucket.

It'd be false hope.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

First I've heard Peppers mentioned with the Steelers

Rotoworld has been drawing that link for weeks, not sure I buy it though.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 3 of 78

Jump to: