Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
So much BS out there. Very Happy

Not BS for the Panthers. Same dude called us signing Kalil, Peppers, Captain... also predicted we'd draft Benji, Shaq, and Butler (on draft night once he kept slipping). Dude clearly gets fed info from someone high up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
This was posted by one of our guys in the 49er forum

Quote:
@nfldraftscout says that #49ers board, as he's heard, goes Garrett, Foster, Fournette. Says talk of Thomas/QB falls outside of those 3.

49ers would be very dumb to take Reuben Foster #2 overall. First of all, they could get him much lower in the draft. But more importantly, Jarrad Davis is a much better player. If they are desperate to reach for a MLB with the #2 pick, they would be better served taking Jarrad Davis (assuming they can't trade down).
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
First of all, they could get him much lower in the draft.

Because you're a fortune teller who knows exactly where Reuben Foster will be picked.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets will go BPA at 6. I don't buy the QB talk for us at that pick but could make sense in a trade down or 2nd+ round.

Adams/Hooker/Fournette/Howard will likely be the 4 we look for if we stay at 6
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
All this link of McCaffrey to Denver is pointless. He won't be there at 20 and of they give up assets for him that's a waste also.

There is a rumored trade back to 33. Perhaps the deal involves Joe Thomas but I doubt it. Browns have invested a lot in the oline. If a trade did happen I could see Denver moving 20 and 101 for 33 and Thomas. Again if Thomas was involved but I doubt it.

I believe the Cam Robinson interest is real. He fits the power they are leaning towards. Could play LT in a power scheme in my opinion similar to a Cordy Glenn. Lighter but more athletic than Cordy.

Then why does he keep winding up on mock boards after Denver picks? several teams have an interest in RB, but they all have other pressing needs.

Several teams have expressed the desire to trade back. The strength of this class in in the second day pick range, so that makes sense.

The Chiefs are hotly rumored to be after one of the big three QBs at #27. Mocks are running that way, which makes me think it's smoke.

J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Counselor wrote:
All this link of McCaffrey to Denver is pointless. He won't be there at 20 and of they give up assets for him that's a waste also.

There is a rumored trade back to 33. Perhaps the deal involves Joe Thomas but I doubt it. Browns have invested a lot in the oline. If a trade did happen I could see Denver moving 20 and 101 for 33 and Thomas. Again if Thomas was involved but I doubt it.

I believe the Cam Robinson interest is real. He fits the power they are leaning towards. Could play LT in a power scheme in my opinion similar to a Cordy Glenn. Lighter but more athletic than Cordy.

Then why does he keep winding up on mock boards after Denver picks? several teams have an interest in RB, but they all have other pressing needs.

Several teams have expressed the desire to trade back. The strength of this class in in the second day pick range, so that makes sense.

The Chiefs are hotly rumored to be after one of the big three QBs at #27. Mocks are running that way, which makes me think it's smoke.

J

Wait...did you just use a player's placement in mocks to debunk Counselor's post, but then completely go against it and give it no value two paragraphs later when it came to the chiefs? Confused

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Quote:
@nfldraftscout says that #49ers board, as he's heard, goes Garrett, Foster, Fournette. Says talk of Thomas/QB falls outside of those 3.

You lost me at the bolded. This is the same Matt Miller who got his panties in a twist and was fervently defending his source to the point of becoming hostile with fans who told him he was barking up the wrong tree when he reported the predraft that 100% the Chargers were going to select Ronnie Stanley. Then after making the pick on draft day, GM Tom Telesco's exact words were that they'd known they were taking Bosa for "months."

I think a lot of agents and front offices know Miller as a guy who they can feed false info to and he'll proliferate it because he has a lot of Twitter followers and puts so much of his own self-worth and ego in the size of that Twitter following.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Forge wrote:

Quote:

You lost me at the bolded. This is the same Matt Miller who got his panties in a twist and was fervently defending his source to the point of becoming hostile with fans who told him he was barking up the wrong tree when he reported the predraft that 100% the Chargers were going to select Ronnie Stanley. Then after making the pick on draft day, GM Tom Telesco's exact words were that they'd known they were taking Bosa for "months."

I think a lot of agents and front offices know Miller as a guy who they can feed false info to and he'll proliferate it because he has a lot of Twitter followers and puts so much of his own self-worth and ego in the size of that Twitter following.

Sadly, for whatever reason, Miller has been probably the most accurate when it has come to the 49ers draft the last two or three years.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Forge wrote:

Quote:

Sadly, for whatever reason, Miller has been probably the most accurate when it has come to the 49ers draft the last two or three years.

I think that speaks more to how blatantly transparent and easy-to-read the post-Harbaugh Baalke front office was than to Miller being some fount of information.

No doubt, it's probably also in the forefront because it's one of the few instances where Miller has shown to be consistently (two years really doesn't really demonstrate that) correct, so he waves that flag the most vigorously. But there's that old adage about the broken clock being right twice a day and all...

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Jaguars:

That we won't be taking DL at 4.

Coughlin loves Fournette

That's about it.

^^el ramster^^
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
For the Jaguars:

That we won't be taking DL at 4.

Coughlin loves Fournette

That's about it.

I really hope its true because I think that potentially helps any trade down scenarios for the 49ers

Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
Counselor wrote:

J

Wait...did you just use a player's placement in mocks to debunk Counselor's post, but then completely go against it and give it no value two paragraphs later when it came to the chiefs? Confused

Yeah makes no sense

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something tells me the Fournette->49ers rumors are manufactured by the team to get someone to trade with them. It seems like Fournette going to Jacksonville is one of the surest bets in this draft.

Ultimately, I think the 49ers trade out by not getting "fair" value at #2; similar to when the Raiders traded back with Miami.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:

Robinson would be amazing for the Broncos

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Something tells me the Fournette->49ers rumors are manufactured by the team to get someone to trade with them. It seems like Fournette going to Jacksonville is one of the surest bets in this draft.

Ultimately, I think the 49ers trade out by not getting "fair" value at #2; similar to when the Raiders traded back with Miami.

I'm actually perfectly okay with that and have advocated for it. There's not really premium prospect at 2 that would drive the value, unfortunately. Better just to add the extra pick from a small trade down - we aren't losing that much value between guys that will go from 2-8 or so in my opinion, and pretty much all of the guys projected to go in that range would fit a need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 2 of 78

Jump to: