Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Beast Mode Thread (He's officially a Raider!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the idea of adding Marshawn Lynch?
Yes.
97%
 97%  [ 35 ]
No.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 36

big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
I think Dan Williams's roster spot and his 4,5M cap space is Lynch's now.

Obviously Lynch won't play NT Smile , but his 2017 cap number will be at max this 4,5M IMO and we will go after a young NT via draft.

i would give lynch 5M this year and next year if possible

Why? The offense was solid a year ago. They have 2 promising backs in Wash/Rich and Olawale is a decent FB short yard back.

Why not just add a mid round RB prospect on the cheap to fill that role and invest some place else?

none of them is a full-time player and running game wasn't good last year without murray. expect raiders to draft defense in first 3 rounds

They were also rookies who will develop. And you can get Murray's production out of a mid round pick for cheaper IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Obviously Lynch won't play NT Smile , but his 2017 cap number will be at max this 4,5M IMO and we will go after a young NT via draft.

Why? The offense was solid a year ago. They have 2 promising backs in Wash/Rich and Olawale is a decent FB short yard back.

Why not just add a mid round RB prospect on the cheap to fill that role and invest some place else?

none of them is a full-time player and running game wasn't good last year without murray. expect raiders to draft defense in first 3 rounds

They were also rookies who will develop. And you can get Murray's production out of a mid round pick for cheaper IMO.

Even if the front office feels the same way you do we only have a small number of mid round picks. Some positions have to be filled in free agency and Lynch is a prime one if we can get him for a 6th/7th round pick. Especially if the trade goes down after the draft and the pick is a 2018 choice.
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:
Rolni wrote:

i wouldn't draft a running back in first 3 rounds though, looking at DT/LB/CB/S

and i would like to see raiders get james conner in the 4th round
oak42069

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited last season to see what deandre and J had in Murrays abstinence and was left disappointed for sure. We have a stout o line so I expect more out of them this year but adding another rookie at the rb position isn't the answer. Need some veteran leadership back there and Lynch adds that and plus so much more, he's multi dynamic. To have that inexperience back there at the current moment and adding a rookie to the core group? Nah pass on that maybe a 6th rounder as security.

Agree with poster above we need inside lb, cb and Dt . Best avail then address the other needs and depth
Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope this gets done soon. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a rookie and 2 2nd year RBs as our primary ball carriers. Marshawn would bring in a vet presence who would be a steadying influence for our offense. @ year deal, will allow us to develop Wash and Rich and see if one or both can step up and be relied upon week in week out.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Sure, but if we sign Lynch, we could attack other positions in the middle rounds. We need help in multiple areas, so it could also make sense IMO.
HookEm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Sure, but if we sign Lynch, we could attack other positions in the middle rounds. We need help in multiple areas, so it could also make sense IMO.

Lynch's value is more than his production. His leadership and swagger will also be huge for our team and our two young backs.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HookEm wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Lynch's value is more than his production. His leadership and swagger will also be huge for our team and our two young backs.

And help distract bay area fans from Derek Carr's foot in his mouth
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr said nothing wrong. He said people that will stop rooting for the Raiders aren't Raiders fans. That's inarguably accurate. There's a distinction between Oakland fans and raider fans.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Carr said nothing wrong. He said people that will stop rooting for the Raiders aren't Raiders fans. That's inarguably accurate. There's a distinction between Oakland fans and raider fans.

Oakland is already mad the team is leaving. No need to be stupidly insensitive to that and salt the wound. Inarguably poor timing and lack of forethought. AKA foot in mouth.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

Oakland is already mad the team is leaving. No need to be stupidly insensitive to that and salt the wound. Inarguably poor timing and lack of forethought. AKA foot in mouth.
the only people who could be rationally offended by those comments are people who have already decided to stop supporting the raiders... and carr has no duty to non-raider fans
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

Why is this in the Beastmode thread Confused

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/20/report-raiders-could-remove-themselves-from-marshawn-lynch-talks/
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynch is in haiti right now with his former teammates, the only issue could be the agent asking for high salary, i think at least 5M a year is perfect
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

the only people who could be rationally offended by those comments are people who have already decided to stop supporting the raiders... and carr has no duty to non-raider fans

It was tone deaf. Point blank. He's a leader and spokesperson for the franchise like it or not. Love the guy, but that comment was poorly timed is all I'm saying.

NightTrainLane wrote:
Why is this in the Beastmode thread Confused

Because the potential move kind of lessens the blow to Oakland fans. We're there til we're not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: