Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Beast Mode Thread (He's officially a Raider!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the idea of adding Marshawn Lynch?
Yes.
97%
 97%  [ 35 ]
No.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 36

THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I'm meh on it. It's at best a 1 year rental.

He's been injured, he's got mileage on him.

Really don't see the point. Grab a big back in the draft. There are a lot of them. What's the point of this move exactly?

That's a really pessimistic "best case scenario"
Synyster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Synyster wrote:
You guys overvalue late round picks way too highly around here.

Adding a refreshed, motivated Lynch is a good move. I'm not concerned with the year off.

I think he will provide solid play on the field for us realistically. He's still got some juice left imo

You're both right and wrong..sometimes mid picks are a little overvalued around here but a 3rd-5th Round RB can be quite effective especially behind our line. Lynch took a year off and you never know if a fresh rookie could replicate his production.

With that said, I like the move of getting Lynch. Just saying don't sleep on a mid round pick, especially a RB. Washington and Richard were great for us last year.

I said late round picks, not in the 3rd round area that is much different.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's only a 6th ot 7th im fine with it. I expect he'll perform better than any other 6th or 7th round pick. My hope is for a conditional late rounder next year so we dont lose any picks this year.

If its for a 5th or higher I'll hate it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
I don't love it but I don't see how anyone can really hate it.. most we'll give up is a 7th Round Pick and we get someone who still has the ability to be a Top 10ish RB. I'll take a rusty Lynch over Murray any day. I would rather get a power kind of back in the mid rounds but Lynch will sell tickets in Oakland, tonnnnn of jersey sales, and if he has one year left of Top 10 play it could help us get to the Super Bowl.

Don't love it but I'm all in.

What tickets? The games are already selling out. The Raiders are one of the hottest teams in the league. A must watch nationally. Stop using Lynch for ticket sales reasoning.

If he joins the team, it's for 1 reason. Some one seems him as a pounder late in games to grind out the clock. Something they lacked a year ago.
Yeah, because it's not like we just announced we were leaving Oakland for Vegas and adding a hometown hero to the team could help keep some disappointed fans.

Those 'disappointed' fans are not going anywhere. Derek Carr plays for this team and is the draw. They won 12 games last season. The seat will be filled.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Ironhurts/status/852902479683604480/photo/1
true2form

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see both sides of the argument. It could go either way. I'll play Devil's advocate here.

For some reason I just think a rested, motivated, coming home, Lynch will do wonders for this team.

Does anyone truly believe he won't at least match Murray's production from last year? Unless he completely bombs, I can't see how he wouldn't put up better numbers.

As for the year off, no one seems to talk about AP taking the year off and coming off of another major injury.

Also, Lynch's average numbers in 2015 could be explained by the decline of Seattle's o-line as much as his age or injuries.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negotiations with Lynch not going well.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

Says who?
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
I can see both sides of the argument. It could go either way. I'll play Devil's advocate here.

For some reason I just think a rested, motivated, coming home, Lynch will do wonders for this team.

Does anyone truly believe he won't at least match Murray's production from last year? Unless he completely bombs, I can't see how he wouldn't put up better numbers.

As for the year off, no one seems to talk about AP taking the year off and coming off of another major injury.

Also, Lynch's average numbers in 2015 could be explained by the decline of Seattle's o-line as much as his age or injuries.

Exactly..sometimes people say [inappropriate/removed] without even remembering that rbs need a good o line too. Seahawks oline was not what it was before.

I'm not saying he's going to do great, but have some level of optimism; we aren't talking about some scrub. He's an elite athlete and maybe one of the most entertaining rbs ever, who took a year off (stayed in at least somewhat decent shape at the very least) and had injuries plague him the year before.
Might this be another MJD situation? Maybe..
but for those who are saying..."I don't get the point" or.."it's a one year rental at BEsT"..that's stupid. If you have a motivated athlete (which no one here knows what that's like) he COULD come here and give a locker room a boost; he COULD give us 2 good years.. he will excite an already excited fan base..he will probably even excite our locker room. Maybe make them play more inspired football. A lot of good can come out of this.

So for those who say "I don't really see the point" or who are so matter of fact about "it's a 1 year rental at best" you could be right..but your also being annoying..we are talking about one of the best rbs of our era; Everyone is excited about this. And if you guys are right, we can cut him. No big deal, maybe we lose a conditional 7th rounder; who cares..
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Says who?
Josephina Anderson saying Lunch wants more than Raiders are offering, and Raiders want a compromise.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Michael Silver‏ @MikeSilver

Marshawn Lynch has signed with the Raiders. Terms to come.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Dessie wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Says who?
Josephina Anderson saying Lunch wants more than Raiders are offering, and Raiders want a compromise.

Josephina? Lunch? You sure you aren't following fake accounts again?
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3m
Correction: Marshawn Lynch and the Raiders have agreed to terms. Trade with Seahawks still needs to be completed.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Dessie wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Says who?

Josephina? Lunch? You sure you aren't following fake accounts again?
It wad on ESPN bottom line hours ago, looks like they got a deal now.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

Dessie wrote:
Quote:
3m
Correction: Marshawn Lynch and the Raiders have agreed to terms. Trade with Seahawks still needs to be completed.

Well that escalated quickly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: