Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Prospects and Mock Draft Discussion v.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
It's gonna be nice on draft night hearing: "With the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Myles Garrett, defensive end, Texas A&M."

I'm not even sweating it. Cool

Man so check this out

I'm watching the Josh's Dobbs on YouTube trying to like him. He sucks makes Deshaun Watson look like Dan Marino.

So I say let me go back and watch a Prescott game see how they compare maybe I'm missing something.

So I watch Dak vs Texas AM 2015 thinking it's a good game kill two birds one stone.

I'm watching this game and literally MissState is doing everything they can to gameplay around him and he's still making plays. As soon as his come in the game every call is built to go away from him and he's still making an impact. He flat out bulldozed the tackle into Dak like a push sled.

That's dude is gonna be so good and with Ogbah on the outside that tandem can be frustrating to offenses for years to come.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownie man, you're right. I am incredibly excited to see him and Ogbah.

AkronsWitness what is the current status of Denver. I've read they have too many picks and should use them to trade up. How do you feel? I know Denver fans would LOVE Christian because of his legacy and the type of need he would fill.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the dept of hearsay without any substantial links: hearing Garrett is all but a lock. Sounds like he's been promised to Williams. In Williams' coaching clinics he's had he talks like Garrett is already part of the team.

Can't lie I'm extremely excite!! I would much rather a stud QB be there, but Garrett will be a terror for the next 10 plus years!

Thanks Reg!
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DE- Myles Garrett
12. TE- OJ Howard
33. CB- Quincy Wilson
52. FS-Marcus Williams
65. DT- Montravious Adams
102. QB- Josh Dobbs
142. RB- Samaje Perine
145. OLB- Blair Brown
177. WR- Noah Brown
183. SS- Eddie Jackson
187. RT- Erik Magnuson

Boom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
1. DE- Myles Garrett
12. TE- OJ Howard
33. CB- Quincy Wilson
52. FS-Marcus Williams
102. QB- Josh Dobbs
142. RB- Samaje Perine
145. OLB- Blair Brown
177. WR- Noah Brown
183. SS- Eddie Jackson
187. RT- Erik Magnuson

Boom.

This actually looks pretty good.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
1. DE- Myles Garrett
12. TE- OJ Howard
33. CB- Quincy Wilson
52. FS-Marcus Williams
102. QB- Josh Dobbs
142. RB- Samaje Perine
145. OLB- Blair Brown
177. WR- Noah Brown
183. SS- Eddie Jackson
187. RT- Erik Magnuson

Boom.

This actually looks pretty good.

God we would be so good if I was allowed to pick players Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Charlie Campbell of Walter's Football has heard from sources Browns are talking to Jets about moving into the 6th spot.

The target Mitch Trubisky.

This has been the trade that has made the most logical/realistic sense to me for some time. I will assume there is maybe a 25% chance of it happening, but I'll post my reasons for us taking it seriously:

(1) Trade down position according to players available. I have our Tier 1 as Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Jonathon Allen. Add in a QB @1, and we have an incredibly high likelihood of having a 1B available after picking up all those resources. Tier 2 I have many players (don't want as much, of course, but...Fournette, Barnett, Lattimore, even Solo). It'd be a small risk, but I don't foresee two safeties going top 5--would be super unusual.

(2) This DE class is stacked. Garrett is not the only combine freak in the draft. There is some nice consolation prizes, and I would be happy to take Derek Barnett at #12 if we go that direction. As much as I don't want to take that bet, I wouldn't be surprised if we look back in a few years to see that there were five better DEs than Garrett in this draft.

(3) We could really really really be set up for years with an even bigger haul than last year (pick 1 and pick 2 are quite different IMO. Just look at last year in comparison. Tennessee did quite well). I'm thinking #1 for #6, #39, #107, 2018 1st, 2019 2nd (or 3rd and a player like Sheldon and/or Hack if they've already thrown in the towel). I personally love the idea of having picks 107 & 108--more fun on draft night Very Happy.

(4) NYJ are the type of team/fan base that expects to win now, and we could use that to our advantage. I very reasonably see them trading up for Trubisky, and I'm okay passing on him (win-win).

(5) I just have this gut feeling that we'd be better served trading down this year (not every year, just this one). I trust my gut and just don't love Garrett like some others. I DO feel like he is similar (not as the player but as the situation) to all the Clowney hype before he went #1. I would argue that Houston should have traded down if they could've gotten a haul. This class appears to be even better than that one.

(6) If we indeed must draft a QB this year, I'd feel much better about it if we had some extra picks to take a shot with. I am a Kelly fanboy so would like to take that shot as high as the 4th. I'd be more inclined to grabb Dobs if he's available in the 8th (get VanS in here now), maybe even double dip on late rounders (I like Kelly & Evans as late round grabs 4/5 maybe).

But yeah, I'd love to see this happen though do expect us to grab Myles.

Interesting take. I presumed the rumor was referring to us moving up from #12 not down from #1, but I would definitely do the trade that you outlined. Presuming they want Trubisky at #6, I would like something like:

1a.) Mitchell Trubisky, QB UNC
1b.) Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee
2a.) Obi Melifonwu, FS/CB UConn
2b.) Evan Engram, TE Ole Miss
2c.) Zay Jones, WR ECU
3.) Josh Jones, SS N.C. State
4a.) Joe Mixon, RB Oklahoma (not sure I buy the hype he is going before day 3)
4b.) Pat Elflein, C OSU
5a.) Shaquill Griffen, CB UCF
5b.) Jalen Myrick, CB Minnesota
5c.) Zach Banner, OT USC
6a.) Davon Godchaux, DT LSU
6b.) Ryan Switzer, WR UNC

That would be a nice looking draft (if the Browns are sold on Mitch). That said, if the Jets trade up, I'm assuming it would be for Mitch (so you'd have to put someone else at 6). I would love if the draft you outlined happened. I'm not top-10 sold on Mitch though understand. Every other pick is a home run for me. Are you sure you aren't my other account that I use to agree with myself with?
freshprinceofUC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the disclaimer of the fact that there is more smoke this time of year than at a Snoop Dogg concert; wouldn't the recent rumblings about trying to trade up with NYJ (reports are we are targeting Trub) totally line up with what bosko leaked from the almighty source way back when? Believe the post was something along the lines of

-Myles Garrett will be the number 1 pick, Greg Williams and he have talked several times (paraphrasing)

-AND apparently the coaches/FO are in love with Malik Hooker and would be willing to TRADE UP and get him? (Again paraphrasing)

Wouldn't it make sense that they'd be trying to leak out the fact they might be trying to trade up to 6 to trade for a QB who lets be honest absolutely nobody in the top 7 wants? If Boskos source is true it would make 100% for them to jump a team who is primed to select a dynamite Safety (Hooker) - in the Sand Die....sorry Los Angeles Chargers -- who almost everyone in the country is mocking a Safety to. And if they made it known that their true target was Hooker, instead of feeding out Trub is our guy! -- couldn't that give a team like the Chargers time to start working their own phones to move up for a guy they covet?

I hate the state my brain is in a week before the draft, its not healthy fr.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Charlie Campbell of Walter's Football has heard from sources Browns are talking to Jets about moving into the 6th spot.

This has been the trade that has made the most logical/realistic sense to me for some time. I will assume there is maybe a 25% chance of it happening, but I'll post my reasons for us taking it seriously:

(1) Trade down position according to players available. I have our Tier 1 as Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Jonathon Allen. Add in a QB @1, and we have an incredibly high likelihood of having a 1B available after picking up all those resources. Tier 2 I have many players (don't want as much, of course, but...Fournette, Barnett, Lattimore, even Solo). It'd be a small risk, but I don't foresee two safeties going top 5--would be super unusual.

(2) This DE class is stacked. Garrett is not the only combine freak in the draft. There is some nice consolation prizes, and I would be happy to take Derek Barnett at #12 if we go that direction. As much as I don't want to take that bet, I wouldn't be surprised if we look back in a few years to see that there were five better DEs than Garrett in this draft.

(3) We could really really really be set up for years with an even bigger haul than last year (pick 1 and pick 2 are quite different IMO. Just look at last year in comparison. Tennessee did quite well). I'm thinking #1 for #6, #39, #107, 2018 1st, 2019 2nd (or 3rd and a player like Sheldon and/or Hack if they've already thrown in the towel). I personally love the idea of having picks 107 & 108--more fun on draft night Very Happy.

(4) NYJ are the type of team/fan base that expects to win now, and we could use that to our advantage. I very reasonably see them trading up for Trubisky, and I'm okay passing on him (win-win).

(5) I just have this gut feeling that we'd be better served trading down this year (not every year, just this one). I trust my gut and just don't love Garrett like some others. I DO feel like he is similar (not as the player but as the situation) to all the Clowney hype before he went #1. I would argue that Houston should have traded down if they could've gotten a haul. This class appears to be even better than that one.

(6) If we indeed must draft a QB this year, I'd feel much better about it if we had some extra picks to take a shot with. I am a Kelly fanboy so would like to take that shot as high as the 4th. I'd be more inclined to grabb Dobs if he's available in the 8th (get VanS in here now), maybe even double dip on late rounders (I like Kelly & Evans as late round grabs 4/5 maybe).

Interesting take. I presumed the rumor was referring to us moving up from #12 not down from #1, but I would definitely do the trade that you outlined. Presuming they want Trubisky at #6, I would like something like:

2c.) Zay Jones, WR ECU
4b.) Pat Elflein, C OSU
5c.) Zach Banner, OT USC

That would be a nice looking draft (if the Browns are sold on Mitch). That said, if the Jets trade up, I'm assuming it would be for Mitch (so you'd have to put someone else at 6). I would love if the draft you outlined happened. I'm not top-10 sold on Mitch though understand. Every other pick is a home run for me. Are you sure you aren't my other account that I use to agree with myself with?

There would have to be a better/impact player available at #6 who we would pick, which would make this a great draft
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone listen to the presser today with Sashi and Andrew? I got a few impressions after listening to it

1. They are 100% fine with taking Garrett #1 overall, BUT, are actively participating in trade talks and willing to trade #1. The recent Trubisky love talks I think are driving his interest up, eerily similar to what we heard this time last year regarding Wentz. They also still have the value of Garrett, who is rated the #1 prospect in this class by far, and teams interest in him. The fact that us, San Fran, Chi and Jacksonville all may or do need QB's means that either a team behind them (NYJ), or one of those teams, if they really want the top QB prospect may have to trade in front of someone else to grab that guy.

Sashi was asked about trading down, specifically down later towards the middle of the first round. He answered by saying "that would surprise me, if we trade down that way this year". Some people took that as him saying they plan to stay at #1, but the way he said it to me means they want to stay among the top of the draft if they do trade down.

2. In talking about the QB's, Davis Webb was brought up with the top 4 prospects at the position (Kizer, Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky), and Dobbs was not mentioned at all. Webb was mentioned as being a guy that they got to work with at the Senior Bowl and enjoyed getting to work with him during that time. Dobbs was not mentioned at all. This could mean that they are either really touting Webb, which is possible, but possibly drives his value up, OR, maybe they really do like Dobbs, but aren't saying it in a PC because they don't want to drive his value up.

3. The fact that they seem to be adamant on waiting until the final minute to turn in their draft card tells me that they are serious on taking all potential trade offers, and are going to wait until the last minute to make the pick in the event that someone makes them the right offer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think not turning in the Garrett pick until the last few minutes is the smart thing to do just for the sake of due diligence. On the off chance that someone comes in smoking a cigar, wearing a dinosaur costume and offering a Ditka level trade for him.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
I think not turning in the Garrett pick until the last few minutes is the smart thing to do just for the sake of due diligence. On the off chance that someone comes in smoking a cigar, wearing a dinosaur costume and offering a Ditka level trade for him.

Agreed, no need to make the pick seem unavailable until the time comes to make the pick.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
It's gonna be nice on draft night hearing: "With the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Myles Garrett, defensive end, Texas A&M."

I'm not even sweating it. Cool

Man so check this out

I'm watching the Josh's Dobbs on YouTube trying to like him. He sucks makes Deshaun Watson look like Dan Marino.

So I say let me go back and watch a Prescott game see how they compare maybe I'm missing something.

So I watch Dak vs Texas AM 2015 thinking it's a good game kill two birds one stone.

I'm watching this game and literally MissState is doing everything they can to gameplay around him and he's still making plays. As soon as his come in the game every call is built to go away from him and he's still making an impact. He flat out bulldozed the tackle into Dak like a push sled.

That's dude is gonna be so good and with Ogbah on the outside that tandem can be frustrating to offenses for years to come.

This is basically what every team I watched play against him did as well. Alabama clearly developed their entire gameplan around neutralizing Garrett. They had designed roll-outs away from him, ran the ball constantly, and when they were passing without a roll-out it was usually a quick throw. That type of altered gameplan is huge in the NFL because you start to put quality players in key positions that can stop those types of plays and there isn't much an offense can do; they then get into the position of focusing on not turning the ball over and playing the field position battle.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

2c.) Zay Jones, WR ECU
4b.) Pat Elflein, C OSU
5c.) Zach Banner, OT USC

There would have to be a better/impact player available at #6 who we would pick, which would make this a great draft

When I said "They" I meant presuming the Browns want him at #6. I like Trubisky, but #6 might be a little rich for my blood. I would probably go with either Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, or Solomon Thomas (would play him as a 3 technique after having him bulk up a little).

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801281/article/deshone-kizer-i-can-be-greatest-qb-of-alltime

I appreciate you need to be confident in yourself but Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 17 of 34

Jump to: