Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Prospects and Mock Draft Discussion v.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Sashi Brown held his draft presser today. He was asked if he had the Patriots on speed dial. His answer " Mary Kay does. We do not. " He deserves a raise for saying that. Funny as all get out.

Please God let these people have success. I would thoroughly enjoy seeing people rip Grossi and Mary Kay.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Quote:
Sashi Brown says he'd be surprised if Browns trade down this year

Hmmm

Actually I listened to the presser, and this is not quite accurate, he was asked about last year, moving ultimately from 2 all the way down to 15, and he was asked about that type of move down this year, and he said he would be surprised if that happened again. It was not a question about moving down in any way.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Charlie Campbell of Walter's Football has heard from sources Browns are talking to Jets about moving into the 6th spot.

The target Mitch Trubisky.

Good. Franchise QB and franchise pass rusher.

Where does the franchise QB come into the equation? Trubisky is not it, so are we getting one elsewhere?
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Sashi Brown held his draft presser today. He was asked if he had the Patriots on speed dial. His answer " Mary Kay does. We do not. " He deserves a raise for saying that. Funny as all get out.

Please God let these people have success. I would thoroughly enjoy seeing people rip Grossi and Mary Kay.

Around 6:00

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQCpTy8SAY

NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

Yeah, I love these folks too. I feel like we actually have an up-and-coming franchise. I'm a bit of a cynic these days when it comes to the Cleveland Browns for some reason Very Happy, and I must say I'm genuinely optimistic.
Epochalypse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:

I'm an Eagles so I know the Cowgirls all too well. I would really hate to see these jerks have nothing bad happen to them AND they get Garrett on top of it too.

that is all

mastercheddaar

Well this appears to be less of an argument amd more of a fear that your hated rival will have everything break their way and your worst outcome will unfold.

As a Redskins fan I can relate somewhat.

But an objective look at the Cowboys season last year shows an awful lot broke their way. Is that going to happen two years in a row? Also I can tell you from the RG3 trade losing 2 years of first rounders will hurt you in the long run. I expect Dak to regress. Zack Martin will get paid next year...how much money are they going to put into the o line? Already 2 of them highly paid. Lael Collins RFA spares them for a year but after that?

As I said earlier if Im the Browns Im looking to get the ammo the next two years to move up for a qb worth moving up for. How many one year wonder qbs selected in round 1 go on to success? Talk is theyre looking to move up for Trubisky. You do that and you cost yourself probably two years of trying to prove he is the guy. Again RG3.

But I accept none of us can see the future and we all have different views of risk. Im looking forward to watching it all play out in any event.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Charlie Campbell of Walter's Football has heard from sources Browns are talking to Jets about moving into the 6th spot.

Where does the franchise QB come into the equation? Trubisky is not it, so are we getting one elsewhere?

So witty

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

Yeah, I love these folks too. I feel like we actually have an up-and-coming franchise. I'm a bit of a cynic these days when it comes to the Cleveland Browns for some reason Very Happy, and I must say I'm genuinely optimistic.

If we trade up for Mitch and him + Myles boom. They will be receiving 10 year contracts. Laughing

shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

This has been the trade that has made the most logical/realistic sense to me for some time. I will assume there is maybe a 25% chance of it happening, but I'll post my reasons for us taking it seriously:

(1) Trade down position according to players available. I have our Tier 1 as Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Jonathon Allen. Add in a QB @1, and we have an incredibly high likelihood of having a 1B available after picking up all those resources. Tier 2 I have many players (don't want as much, of course, but...Fournette, Barnett, Lattimore, even Solo). It'd be a small risk, but I don't foresee two safeties going top 5--would be super unusual.

(2) This DE class is stacked. Garrett is not the only combine freak in the draft. There is some nice consolation prizes, and I would be happy to take Derek Barnett at #12 if we go that direction. As much as I don't want to take that bet, I wouldn't be surprised if we look back in a few years to see that there were five better DEs than Garrett in this draft.

(3) We could really really really be set up for years with an even bigger haul than last year (pick 1 and pick 2 are quite different IMO. Just look at last year in comparison. Tennessee did quite well). I'm thinking #1 for #6, #39, #107, 2018 1st, 2019 2nd (or 3rd and a player like Sheldon and/or Hack if they've already thrown in the towel). I personally love the idea of having picks 107 & 108--more fun on draft night Very Happy.

(4) NYJ are the type of team/fan base that expects to win now, and we could use that to our advantage. I very reasonably see them trading up for Trubisky, and I'm okay passing on him (win-win).

(5) I just have this gut feeling that we'd be better served trading down this year (not every year, just this one). I trust my gut and just don't love Garrett like some others. I DO feel like he is similar (not as the player but as the situation) to all the Clowney hype before he went #1. I would argue that Houston should have traded down if they could've gotten a haul. This class appears to be even better than that one.

(6) If we indeed must draft a QB this year, I'd feel much better about it if we had some extra picks to take a shot with. I am a Kelly fanboy so would like to take that shot as high as the 4th. I'd be more inclined to grabb Dobs if he's available in the 8th (get VanS in here now), maybe even double dip on late rounders (I like Kelly & Evans as late round grabs 4/5 maybe).

But yeah, I'd love to see this happen though do expect us to grab Myles.

Interesting take. I presumed the rumor was referring to us moving up from #12 not down from #1, but I would definitely do the trade that you outlined. Presuming they want Trubisky at #6, I would like something like:

1a.) Mitchell Trubisky, QB UNC
1b.) Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee
2a.) Obi Melifonwu, FS/CB UConn
2b.) Evan Engram, TE Ole Miss
2c.) Zay Jones, WR ECU
3.) Josh Jones, SS N.C. State
4a.) Joe Mixon, RB Oklahoma (not sure I buy the hype he is going before day 3)
4b.) Pat Elflein, C OSU
5a.) Shaquill Griffen, CB UCF
5b.) Jalen Myrick, CB Minnesota
5c.) Zach Banner, OT USC
6a.) Davon Godchaux, DT LSU
6b.) Ryan Switzer, WR UNC

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

Thanks Reg!
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be nice on draft night hearing: "With the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Myles Garrett, defensive end, Texas A&M."

I'm not even sweating it. Cool

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I've got a strong feeling we go either Cook or McCafferey at 12 fo some reason.

It seems McCaffrey already has assurances about his floor of where he'll be drafted because he has refused to do private workouts.

Apparently it's Denver

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!
(Love Monsters Inc....)

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

So witty

you misspelled "observant" Very Happy
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I've got a strong feeling we go either Cook or McCafferey at 12 fo some reason.

It seems McCaffrey already has assurances about his floor of where he'll be drafted because he has refused to do private workouts.

Apparently it's Denver

Shocked Pray Pray Pray Pray

Last edited by AkronsWitness on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 16 of 34

Jump to: