Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 trade news to make you feel a little better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: RG3 trade news to make you feel a little better Reply with quote

Since we reopened the endless cousins trade scenarios I can't resist with the TG 3 trade. Check this out. It should make us feel just a little better that we aren't the only team that drafts a huge bust at number 2

The Los Angeles Times' Gary Klein reports the Rams will decline 2014 first-rounder Greg Robinson's fifth-year team option for 2018.
Duh. The No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 draft, Robinson has been a colossal bust. He's arguably been the worst left tackle in the sport since entering the league and is now being flipped to right tackle by the Sean McVay coaching staff. We doubt he proves much better there. The Rams haven't been able to find a capable left tackle since Hall of Famer Orlando Pace moved on, and they smartly plugged the hole with veteran Andrew Whitworth as a priority free agent.
Source: Gary Klein on Twitter Apr 12 - 12:44 PM
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering we never would have drafted him, no I don't feel better. Khalil Mack would be fantastic to have. So would Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans.

That first round was loaded. We should have had a good pick.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Considering we never would have drafted him, no I don't feel better. Khalil Mack would be fantastic to have. So would Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans.

That first round was loaded. We should have had a good pick.

I hear you
It's weird but I expect even now we wouldn't get 100% of this forum saying the Rg 3 trade and draft was a mistake.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams totally botched their draft picks that they got for RG3. Both teams screwed up.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mar29020

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The Rams totally botched their draft picks that they got for RG3. Both teams screwed up.
well the injurys killed off RG3 who was mike vick 2.0 in 2012
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

No he was RG3 .5 in 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, losing the 1st round pick in 2013 was no big loss. It was a late round pick and that draft class was terrible anyway. Losing out on the top prospects from the 2014 class sucks though. But knowing our FO, we probably would have drafted Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews at #2 to be our RT. So it's possible we didn't really miss out that year either.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
No doubt. Even though we didn't get what we expected out of RG3 when we traded up to draft him, we still got more than what the Rams got out of our 2012 2nd and 2013 & 14 1st round picks.

All those draft picks and Sam Bradford couldn't even get the Rams into the playoffs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Yea, losing the 1st round pick in 2013 was no big loss. It was a late round pick and that draft class was terrible anyway. Losing out on the top prospects from the 2014 class sucks though. But knowing our FO, we probably would have drafted Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews at #2 to be our RT. So it's possible we didn't really miss out that year either.
Playing total hindsight, if we hold onto our picks and still
draft Kirk Cousins in 2012 we could have built one hell of a team with those selections:

2012 1st: Luke Kuechly, ILB
2012 2nd: Janoris Jenkins, CB
2013 1st: Alec Ogletree, ILB
2014 1st: Khalil Mack, OLB or Mike Evans, WR
2014 2nd: Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
draft Kirk Cousins in 2012 we could have built one hell of a team with those selections:

True. Or we could have tied up our cap with 1st and 2nd round busts:

2012 1st: Justin Blackmon, WR
2012 2nd: Jonathan Martin, OT
2013 1st: Björn Werner, DE
2014 1st: Justin Gilbert, CB
2014 2nd: Trent Murphy Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

True. Or we could have tied up our cap with 1st and 2nd round busts:

2012 1st: Justin Blackmon, WR
2012 2nd: Jonathan Martin, OT
2013 1st: Björn Werner, DE
2014 1st: Justin Gilbert, CB
2014 2nd: Trent Murphy Laughing
Given Shanahan's track record he probably would have blown it.

Trent Murphy? He's well on his way to being a long term starter in the NFL, whether that's in DC or somewhere else that remains to be seen.

If we don't re-sign him, I could see him going to play for McVay and the Rams next year as their LOLB opposite Robert Quinn and getting 5 plus sacks.

Anyone notice who Wade Phillips has playing 3-technique in his defensive scheme for the Rams?

Aaron Donald. He's just 6'1, 285 pounds. Anyone want to ask why?

Here I'll answer, re-read the 3 articles I've posted about Wade Phillips's as I explained his and our defensive scheme since 2015. It feel on deaf ears, but with Donald being the Rams 3-technique, it just reiterates those points.

‪Aaron Donald doing "same thing" in new defense

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/14/aaron-donald-doing-same-thing-in-new-defense/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

Quote:
Phillips’ arrival means that the Rams will be transitioning to running a 4-3 under Fisher and Gregg Williams to running the familiar 3-4 that Phillips has run all over the NFL over the last four decades. That transition isn’t one that concerns defensive tackle Aaron Donald because the Rams’ best defensive player says his role isn’t changing.

“Same thing,” Donald said, via ESPN.com. “I’m still going to be a 3-technique; still a penetrate, get-up-field type of guy. I got to come here during the offseason and got to sit down and talk with him. I like his game plan and how he’s going to use us, and the position he’s going to put us in to have success.”

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thinking- Has he played his last game in the NFL? unsigned and havent heard anybody even interested in him as a depth guy.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
just thinking- Has he played his last game in the NFL? unsigned and havent heard anybody even interested in him as a depth guy.
I think if a starter goes down in camp/preseason and the team doesn't have a good back up that they'll bring him in as their back ups back up.

He's certainly not on anyone's radar because teams are focusing on drafting a young qb, not signing a project.

Mknight definitely called this one. I thought for sure he'd be at least be a top back up after he left here for the rest of his career.

I guess it's a good think he did the addidas campaign looking back on it now because he made a killing off that his first 2 years in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: