Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

raidr4life mock draft vs. Mel Kiper
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8682
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: raidr4life mock draft vs. Mel Kiper Reply with quote

Final update coming...

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett [DE; Texas A&M]

2. San Francisco 49ers: Solomon Thomas [DE; Stanford]

3. Chicago Bears: Jamal Adams [S; Louisiana State]

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: OJ Howard [TE; Alabama]

5. Tennessee Titans: Marshon Lattimore [CB; Ohio State]

6. New York Jets: Malik Hooker [S; Ohio State]

7. Los Angeles Chargers: Jonathan Allen [DT; Alabama]

8. Carolina Panthers: Leonard Fournette [RB; Louisiana State]

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Derek Barnett [DE; Tennessee]

10. Buffalo Bills: Mitchell Trubisky [QB; North Carolina]

11. New Orleans Saints: Jabril Peppers [S; Michigan]

12. Cleveland Browns: Deshaun Watson [QB; Clemson]

13. Arizona Cardinals: Reuben Foster [LB; Alabama]

14. Philadelphia Eagles: Marlon Humphrey [CB; Alabama]

15. Indianapolis Colts: Haason Reddick [LB; Temple]

16. Baltimore Ravens: Corey Davis [WR; Western Michigan]

17. Washington Redskins: Malik McDowell [DT; Michigan State]

18. Tennessee Titans: John Ross [WR; Washington]

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dalvin Cook [RB; Florida State]

20. Denver Broncos: Ryan Ramczyk [OT; Wisconsin]

21. Detroit Lions: Zach Cunningham [LB; Vanderbilt]

22. Miami Dolphins: Forrest Lamp [OG; W. Kentucky]

23. New York Giants: David Njoku [TE; Miami]

24. Oakland Raiders: Obi Melifonwu [SS; Connecticut]

25. Houston Texans: Patrick Mahomes [QB; Texas Tech]

26. Seattle Seahawks: Cam Robinson [OT; Alabama]

27. Kansas City Chiefs: Mike Williams [WR; Clemson]

28. Dallas Cowboys: Taco Charlton [DE; Michigan]

29. Green Bay Packers: Christian McAffrey [RB; Stanford]

30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Takkarist McKinley [OLB; UCLA]

31. Atlanta Falcons: Charles Harris [DE; Missouri]

32. New Orleans Saints: Tre'Davious White [CB; Louisiana State]
_________________


Last edited by raidr4life on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3803
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody responds, are you going to repost under a different name?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8682
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
If nobody responds, are you going to repost under a different name?
I'm just going to use this model and give my take. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8682
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Kiper draft...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704642-mel-kiper-jr-nfl-mock-draft-2017-notable-picks-from-espn-gurus-3-round-mock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 3584
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would hate Obi in the first. too much of a boom or bust imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3803
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
would hate Obi in the first. too much of a boom or bust imo

Reading everyone's opinion about Obi, it seems posters either love the pick or hate the pick. Not many in between. Just weird that one player can cause this much disagreement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3066
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
would hate Obi in the first. too much of a boom or bust imo


Not sure where you see that at. I don't think there is much bust when looking at his talent, intangibles, measurables, references, production and progression. Not saying that would be my pick but I wouldn't be mad at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jlieberum1985


Joined: 19 Apr 2016
Posts: 353
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably a tall safety might stop gronk and kelce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3803
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drfrey13 agrees
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8682
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
would hate Obi in the first. too much of a boom or bust imo
Quote:
Elite size with premium athletic traits that should show up at combine testing. Four-year starter. Sharp focus when ball is in the air. Takes path to the ball with undercut of the route at the last second. Plus hand-eye coordination to flip the field with interceptions. Former cornerback who has the athleticism to cover matchup tight ends and some big slots. Posted six interceptions over last two seasons. Uses big frame to body-up seam-runners and constrict their windows. Downhill tackling machine. Plus range with a wide net to bring runners down once he gets his arms into them. Body-up hitter. Drastically reduced penalties totals over junior and senior season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD1123


Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 750
Location: South carolina
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys don't want Offense in round 1 but if Mike Williams is there at 24 do we really pass? I mean first off he's a Tiger(hehe) second he is drawing comparisons to AJ Green. Third Frankie can finally have his tall outside reciever!!!! It's a win all the way around!
_________________
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts. Its the size of the fight in the dog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5091
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
would hate Obi in the first. too much of a boom or bust imo
Quote:
Elite size with premium athletic traits that should show up at combine testing. Four-year starter. Sharp focus when ball is in the air. Takes path to the ball with undercut of the route at the last second. Plus hand-eye coordination to flip the field with interceptions. Former cornerback who has the athleticism to cover matchup tight ends and some big slots. Posted six interceptions over last two seasons. Uses big frame to body-up seam-runners and constrict their windows. Downhill tackling machine. Plus range with a wide net to bring runners down once he gets his arms into them. Body-up hitter. Drastically reduced penalties totals over junior and senior season.


Nice of you not to post any of his weaknesses. He's very raw. Not a fan of him in the 1st. 2nd I'd be more than open to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8682
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
would hate Obi in the first. too much of a boom or bust imo
Quote:
Elite size with premium athletic traits that should show up at combine testing. Four-year starter. Sharp focus when ball is in the air. Takes path to the ball with undercut of the route at the last second. Plus hand-eye coordination to flip the field with interceptions. Former cornerback who has the athleticism to cover matchup tight ends and some big slots. Posted six interceptions over last two seasons. Uses big frame to body-up seam-runners and constrict their windows. Downhill tackling machine. Plus range with a wide net to bring runners down once he gets his arms into them. Body-up hitter. Drastically reduced penalties totals over junior and senior season.


Nice of you not to post any of his weaknesses. He's very raw. Not a fan of him in the 1st. 2nd I'd be more than open to him.
How is he very raw and has been playing the position all 4 years in college.
Any how here are his weaknesses, not very many imo. Nothing coaching won't fix.
Quote:
Leggy and gets feet bundled up when asked to turn and sprint. Lacks desired instincts and will play with slow eyes at times. Has to see ball in the air before charging over to help on deep throws. Inconsistent with coverage responsibilities from high safety. Takes time to diagnose play-action. Rub routes found him near goal line. Can take inefficient paths to the ball that get him there a step too late. Would benefit from high-pointing rather than waiting on throws.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 16786
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
I know you guys don't want Offense in round 1 but if Mike Williams is there at 24 do we really pass? I mean first off he's a Tiger(hehe) second he is drawing comparisons to AJ Green. Third Frankie can finally have his tall outside reciever!!!! It's a win all the way around!


I wouldn't pass on him, no. I have said go BPA every single time. Williams is a very nice prospect and we would lucky to add him to our O. Crabtree is nearing the 30 year old mark, which isn't necessarily old for a WR but we have to start thinking long-term. If we do add Williams, Cooper could do some insane damage in the slot.

I doubt he is there at #24 though.
_________________

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD1123


Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 750
Location: South carolina
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
I know you guys don't want Offense in round 1 but if Mike Williams is there at 24 do we really pass? I mean first off he's a Tiger(hehe) second he is drawing comparisons to AJ Green. Third Frankie can finally have his tall outside reciever!!!! It's a win all the way around!


I wouldn't pass on him, no. I have said go BPA every single time. Williams is a very nice prospect and we would lucky to add him to our O. Crabtree is nearing the 30 year old mark, which isn't necessarily old for a WR but we have to start thinking long-term. If we do add Williams, Cooper could do some insane damage in the slot.

I doubt he is there at #24 though.


Yeah I doubt it too. It was just a thought after looking at this mock
_________________
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts. Its the size of the fight in the dog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group