Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warfelg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:

I like some of the players and value, but I would be shocked if Williams fell past round two and as I stated, if he answered some questions, someone is going to take him #1. Too talented. I am not a fan of two CB's as I am holding hope for Golson to finally stay healthy. I think the team gives Green another year to stay healthy. I like Godwin, but he is on a lot of teams mind. I don't see a need if Bryant is reinstated and we still ave Hunter and Coates will get another shot to come around.

I think King moves to Safety so technically it's only 1 CB.
Williams and Lewis both have fell because of charges against them so they could both be there at those picks!
I took Hodges for 2 reasons: 1. Green's health 2. Kid could be the next Gronk! Size and speed are there...

Thanks for the input!

I know everyone wants to move D. King to safety but I see him as a CB all the way. He is lacking that elite speed but for me, he passes the eye test. Plays faster than his timed speed imo. I think he would be a great replacement for Gay because he smart & instinctive, physical, versatile and is reliable. (stays healthy)

I see a safety too. Just not quick enough to keep up. Too small to be a punch and trail corner too.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
I am not a fan of Lawson in the 1st ( or the 2nd or 3rd). another case of decent film but poor combine numbers. His 3-cone is lower than JJ. Short arms does not set the edge on runs.

Lawson seems boom or bust to me. There's a lot to like but I've got my doubts.

Which is why I don't see the Steelers targeting him in the 1st. I think they are planning on taking CB/QB in the first and hoping for Lawson or Tim Williams in the 2nd. Just my guess.

Based on what (when it comes to QB)?

That we have taken a stronger interest in QBs leading up to the draft this year since the year we drafted Big Ben, coupled with the fact that Ben contemplated retirement this off season. Now, I don't want us to take a QB in the first but I will not be shocked at all if they decide to do so.

Mahomes will be long gone by the time we pick, but if he is there...I think we take a very long look at him. We've met with Kizer as well. Those are the two QBs that I had in mind.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:

I like some of the players and value, but I would be shocked if Williams fell past round two and as I stated, if he answered some questions, someone is going to take him #1. Too talented. I am not a fan of two CB's as I am holding hope for Golson to finally stay healthy. I think the team gives Green another year to stay healthy. I like Godwin, but he is on a lot of teams mind. I don't see a need if Bryant is reinstated and we still ave Hunter and Coates will get another shot to come around.

Williams and Lewis both have fell because of charges against them so they could both be there at those picks!
I took Hodges for 2 reasons: 1. Green's health 2. Kid could be the next Gronk! Size and speed are there...

Thanks for the input!

I know everyone wants to move D. King to safety but I see him as a CB all the way. He is lacking that elite speed but for me, he passes the eye test. Plays faster than his timed speed imo. I think he would be a great replacement for Gay because he smart & instinctive, physical, versatile and is reliable. (stays healthy)

I see a safety too. Just not quick enough to keep up. Too small to be a punch and trail corner too.

Not quick enough? He had a 6.67 3C and ran a 4.51 40. He's 5'10. I'm not saying he's an ideal man to man cover corner but he'd be great in zone and in the slot imo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:

Thanks for the input!

I would be very surprised if Williams makes it past the second round. In fact, I still think depending on how the board falls, if he is there at 30, the Steelers will take him. He is the best all around OLB talent in the draft. I don't think it is a case where he has recently tested positive for drugs or gotten in trouble. From what I have heard, his troubles were when he was younger. Again, I am sure the team does its due diligence, but this guy is a stud. We have some very good OLB's for 8 - 10 years with he and Bud. I don't think this is a situation like Martavis Bryant where he flagged at the Combine and in school. He was never suspended or tested positive for weed, but he admitted to smoking weed and making some poor decisions when he was younger. A lot of teams talk that "troubled kid stuff" to get other teams to curtail their interest. I would love it if he fell, but I seriously doubt it. I don't claim to know it all or have any inside information, but my gut tells me differently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: