Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

R1 P30 EDGE CARL LAWSON - AUBURN: does anyone think we can go wrong with him?

R2 P30 CB DESMOND KING - IOWA: talented playmaker that may move to safety.

R3 P30 WR CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE: this is for all you PSU fans...

R3 P41 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN: Thorpe finalist with skills this late!

R4 P28 EDGE TIM WILLIAMS - ALABAMA: kid has the talent and being this far of a drop we have to take a shot!

R5 P29 TE BUCKY HODGES - VIRGINIA TECH: he runs a 6.5! At TE? Give Ben his Gronk!

R6 P29 LB/S JOSH HARVEY-CLEMONS - LOUISVILLE: I don't care what anyone thinks here! If he is compared to and has the ability to be the next Cam Chancellor, he's drafted!

R7 P30 DL STEVIE TU'IKOLOVATU - USC: Pure NT with a big initial punch!
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir. I will take that draft. King will be a nice versatile piece. (Willie Gay replacement) Doubt Lewis falls that far. I'd be happy to get him at #62. Let Lawson and Williams fight it out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of Lawson in the 1st ( or the 2nd or 3rd). another case of decent film but poor combine numbers. His 3-cone is lower than JJ. Short arms does not set the edge on runs.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I am not a fan of Lawson in the 1st ( or the 2nd or 3rd). another case of decent film but poor combine numbers. His 3-cone is lower than JJ. Short arms does not set the edge on runs.

Lawson seems boom or bust to me. There's a lot to like but I've got my doubts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Which is why I don't see the Steelers targeting him in the 1st. I think they are planning on taking CB/QB in the first and hoping for Lawson or Tim Williams in the 2nd. Just my guess.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Which is why I don't see the Steelers targeting him in the 1st. I think they are planning on taking CB/QB in the first and hoping for Lawson or Tim Williams in the 2nd. Just my guess.

Agree. My comfort level would go up in direct correlation to the rounds he drops. (if they take him)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Yes sir. I will take that draft. King will be a nice versatile piece. (Willie Gay replacement) Doubt Lewis falls that far. I'd be happy to get him at #62. Let Lawson and Williams fight it out.

He may fall because of the domestic violence charge...
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

QB? What QB is worthy of 1st pick?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Based on what (when it comes to QB)?

They have had exactly ONE first round QB in for a visit thus far, and I believe they MAY have did it to possibly tempt another team to trade up for him. That, or in case he falls.

There is nothing to suggest they are seriously considering QB in the first. I am not saying its impossible, but I just cant see it. I have to keep the faith that our front office isnt that incompetent. Confused

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

They have had exactly ONE first round QB in for a visit thus far, and I believe they MAY have did it to possibly tempt another team to trade up for him. That, or in case he falls.

There is nothing to suggest they are seriously considering QB in the first. I am not saying its impossible, but I just cant see it. I have to keep the faith that our front office isnt that incompetent. Confused

And it's even questionable if Mahomes goes in the first. He's a 3rd round talent teams are talking themselves into because the QB suck in this draft. And that's being nice about it.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

And it's even questionable if Mahomes goes in the first. He's a 3rd round talent teams are talking themselves into because the QB suck in this draft. And that's being nice about it.

I agree with that assessment 200%....and have said it numerous times myself. Thats why Im disgusted with the ongoing suggestions that we will take a QB early.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
R1 P30 EDGE CARL LAWSON - AUBURN: does anyone think we can go wrong with him?

Yeah. I am concerned about his ability to stay healthy and how fast he can make an impact. He reminds me of former teammate Dee Ford. He could be decent when given the chance, but I would like him more in round two.

R2 P30 CB DESMOND KING - IOWA: talented playmaker that may move to safety.

Would be a solid pick here.

R3 P30 WR CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE: this is for all you PSU fans...

I like him, but I am still not sure we need a WR.

R3 P41 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN: Thorpe finalist with skills this late!
I agree, but I don't think he will fall this far.

R4 P28 EDGE TIM WILLIAMS - ALABAMA: kid has the talent and being this far of a drop we have to take a shot!

I have a feeling he may be the #1 choice if he interviews well. I am a little fearful of his past, but his play is first round talent.

R5 P29 TE BUCKY HODGES - VIRGINIA TECH: he runs a 6.5! At TE? Give Ben his Gronk!

I don't think they draft a TE now and I think Hodges is gone by round three.

R6 P29 LB/S JOSH HARVEY-CLEMONS - LOUISVILLE: I don't care what anyone thinks here! If he is compared to and has the ability to be the next Cam Chancellor, he's drafted!

I agree. Good value pick here. Would you would are correct about Chancellor if we draft him.

R7 P30 DL STEVIE TU'IKOLOVATU - USC: Pure NT with a big initial punch!

I had him mocked in one of my previous mocks. I like him and the value,

I like some of the players and value, but I would be shocked if Williams fell past round two and as I stated, if he answered some questions, someone is going to take him #1. Too talented. I am not a fan of two CB's as I am holding hope for Golson to finally stay healthy. I think the team gives Green another year to stay healthy. I like Godwin, but he is on a lot of teams mind. I don't see a need if Bryant is reinstated and we still ave Hunter and Coates will get another shot to come around.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:

I like some of the players and value, but I would be shocked if Williams fell past round two and as I stated, if he answered some questions, someone is going to take him #1. Too talented. I am not a fan of two CB's as I am holding hope for Golson to finally stay healthy. I think the team gives Green another year to stay healthy. I like Godwin, but he is on a lot of teams mind. I don't see a need if Bryant is reinstated and we still ave Hunter and Coates will get another shot to come around.

I think King moves to Safety so technically it's only 1 CB.
Williams and Lewis both have fell because of charges against them so they could both be there at those picks!
I took Hodges for 2 reasons: 1. Green's health 2. Kid could be the next Gronk! Size and speed are there...

Thanks for the input!
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: NDT Scouting Cumulative Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:

I think King moves to Safety so technically it's only 1 CB.
Williams and Lewis both have fell because of charges against them so they could both be there at those picks!
I took Hodges for 2 reasons: 1. Green's health 2. Kid could be the next Gronk! Size and speed are there...

Thanks for the input!

I know everyone wants to move D. King to safety but I see him as a CB all the way. He is lacking that elite speed but for me, he passes the eye test. Plays faster than his timed speed imo. I think he would be a great replacement for Gay because he smart & instinctive, physical, versatile and is reliable. (stays healthy)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the Florida State game and you'll not like Jourdan Lewis. Dude is just slow and small. I wouldn't draft him.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: