Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Annual Consensus Mock - 20. Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should they take?
Cam Robinson [ OT ] Alabama
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Charles Harris [ Edge ] Missouri
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chidobe Awuzie [ CB ] Colorado
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
David Njoku [ TE ] Miami (Fla.)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Deshaun Watson [ QB ] Clemson
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Deshone Kizer [ QB ] Notre Dame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Evan Engram [ TE ] Ole Miss
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Forrest Lamp [ OG ] Western Kentucky
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
Garett Bolles [ OT ] Utah
24%
 24%  [ 16 ]
Jabrill Peppers [ SS ] Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jarrad Davis [ LB ] Florida
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Joe Mixon [ RB ] Oklahoma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Ross [ WR ] Washington
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Malik McDowell [ DT ] Michigan State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Ramczyk [ OT ] Wisconsin
27%
 27%  [ 18 ]
Taco Charlton [ Edge ] Michigan
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Takkarist McKinley [ Edge ] UCLA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TJ Watt [ Edge ] Houston
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TreDavious White [ CB ] LSU
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Zach Cunningham [ ILB ] Vanderbilt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 65

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see denver waiting till round 2 for their tackle spot. I think John Ross goes somewhere in the first 20 picks and this one wouldnt surprise me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want us reaching on a player in the first round because of a (admittedly major) need. David Njoku is the pick for me here.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
I don't want us reaching on a player in the first round because of a (admittedly major) need. David Njoku is the pick for me here.

FWIW, that's why I go Lamp. He's an elite OG who can play T in a pinch. I'd love to be wrong on Ramczyk, but I think he could be a really good RT, but am not sure on his LT ceiling. Much rather have the elite ceiling OG long-term. Lamp makes my top 15 overall, so not a reach/need pick - maybe he fills in LT this year, but long-term a beast no matter where we play him.

Njoku is a beast ceiling TE, but I do factor in that there are 5 TE's who are absolute beast-ceiling picks, and a very high likelihood we have one of those 5 available at 2.51. FWIW, Njoku is behind Lamp in my ranks too, but not far behind.
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:

None of the OL options are a reach here though. I would agree Njoku is ranked slightly higher though for me. But the OL in the discussion should all go in this area. And I think the need there is so far ahead of TE and TE is deep this year that the smart move is to take which ever Olineman they think is best.

#JDI
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

None of the OL options are a reach here though. I would agree Njoku is ranked slightly higher though for me. But the OL in the discussion should all go in this area. And I think the need there is so far ahead of TE and TE is deep this year that the smart move is to take which ever Olineman they think is best.

Are any of these players decent left tackles in the near future? If Ramcyzk, Robinson or Bolles are, then I don't mind the pick in the first round.

If they're just guards masquerading as tackles because of the lack of OL talent in this draft, no thanks. There are better prospects at other positions in the first round.
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Bolles because of his potential at OT. Lamp would probably be the safer pick though and they can use help from any OL position outside of OC.

They are pretty set at their skill positions on O outside of TE. Green is solid, but Njoku would help those young QBs out quite a bit. So if I were to go anywhere besides OL that would probably be my pick.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
smetana34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I can see denver waiting till round 2 for their tackle spot. I think John Ross goes somewhere in the first 20 picks and this one wouldnt surprise me.

WR has to be pretty low on the needs list for DEN.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Lamp but I think they'd go Cam Robinson.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think a QB like Kizer here would be very interesting. I never did like Paxton Lynch and I'm not sure Simien is the guy, so I wouldn't have them taking another QB and start developing him and have QB competitions. In the end, I went with the Wisconsin OT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bolles at LG would probably be just as good as Lamp. I'd take the younger one.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Courtland Sutton #20 #92
Fly Eagles Fly
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

FWIW, that's why I go Lamp. He's an elite OG who can play T in a pinch. I'd love to be wrong on Ramczyk, but I think he could be a really good RT, but am not sure on his LT ceiling. Much rather have the elite ceiling OG long-term. Lamp makes my top 15 overall, so not a reach/need pick - maybe he fills in LT this year, but long-term a beast no matter where we play him.

Njoku is a beast ceiling TE, but I do factor in that there are 5 TE's who are absolute beast-ceiling picks, and a very high likelihood we have one of those 5 available at 2.51. FWIW, Njoku is behind Lamp in my ranks too, but not far behind.

I agree with this reasoning. Take an Elite OG prospect over an average at best tackle prospect.
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I actually think a QB like Kizer here would be very interesting. I never did like Paxton Lynch and I'm not sure Simien is the guy, so I wouldn't have them taking another QB and start developing him and have QB competitions. In the end, I went with the Wisconsin OT.

Taking a project QB in the first round after taking a project QB in first round last year would be one of the dumbest moves in recent history.

I can't describe how angry I would be if this happened.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

Taking a project QB in the first round after taking a project QB in first round last year would be one of the dumbest moves in recent history.

How do you figure? Some teams spend two 1st Round picks on a single QB prospect plus a heck of a lot more. I think people forget just how high QB's go. RG3 was worth a lot. Allow me to go through what the Rams got from Washington for RG3:
2012: 1st Rounder (6th Overall), 2nd Rounder (39th Overall)
2013: 1st Rounder (22nd Overall)
2014: 1st Rounder (2nd Overall)

They ended up moving around further with some of the picks and ended up with this haul: Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, Rokevious Watkins, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, and Greg Robinson - https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/07/washington-redskins-st-louis-rams-robert-griffin-trade-players

Is this a lot? Yes, but QB's have repeatedly gone for a lot. For a team to go with two 1st Rounders to get TWO 1st Round QB's is really not bad value even if they were only getting ONE 1st Round QB. Paxton Lynch was the #26 Overall pick and now they have the 20th Overall pick. If they go with Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian and neither work out then that is probably their job. I think it's perfectly reasonable to add another name (but obviously the organization has to like him). Kizer is a raw talent with lots of upside. I think he's a great fit.

UPDATE: About Kizer being a project, I don't see how that's a problem. Denver doesn't need him to start right now. They need a guy to become a franchise guy long-term. They likely have the time to let Kizer develop on the bench and ride Siemian, as Lynch likely isn't ready yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

How do you figure? Some teams spend two 1st Round picks on a single QB prospect plus a heck of a lot more. I think people forget just how high QB's go. RG3 was worth a lot. Allow me to go through what the Rams got from Washington for RG3:

They ended up moving around further with some of the picks and ended up with this haul: Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, Rokevious Watkins, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, and Greg Robinson - https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/07/washington-redskins-st-louis-rams-robert-griffin-trade-players

Is this a lot? Yes, but QB's have repeatedly gone for a lot. For a team to go with two 1st Rounders to get TWO 1st Round QB's is really not bad value even if they were only getting ONE 1st Round QB. Paxton Lynch was the #26 Overall pick and now they have the 20th Overall pick. If they go with Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian and neither work out then that is probably their job. I think it's perfectly reasonable to add another name (but obviously the organization has to like him). Kizer is a raw talent with lots of upside. I think he's a great fit.

UPDATE: About Kizer being a project, I don't see how that's a problem. Denver doesn't need him to start right now. They need a guy to become a franchise guy long-term. They likely have the time to let Kizer develop on the bench and ride Siemian, as Lynch likely isn't ready yet.

Different scenario. Thats a trade. The two are not comparable. How many times have teams taken first round quarterbacks in back to back years? Thats more along the point he was making. I don't know that its ever happened. The closest i can think of is Carolina taking Clausen in round 2 (which i believe was their first pick as i believe the niners had their firsr rounder) followed by Cam.

If it was an elite qb prospec it would make sense maybe since they are so rare, but as he said, you're drafting one project in the first to draft another project

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:
DraftHobbyist wrote:

Ok first off, Elway is not getting fired. He's like owner-untouchable in Denver.

Second, we don't even know what Lynch is at this point. Before the draft last year, it was widely known that Lynch was going to be a bit of a project, and the Broncos knew that when they drafted him.
Giving up on him after one year would be unbelievably impatient, impulsive, and a huge waste of resources.

Third, even disregarding the stupidity of drafting two QB projects high in back-to-back years, Kizer is not that good of a QB. I like Lynch over him or any QB in this draft.

We have way too many needs to waste a high pick on a QB this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: