Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KIRK TRADE TALK THREAD 2017 spring edition episode 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 18944
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna keep it open for now.

Play nice.

Keep it civil

Please
_________________


As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80317
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He's not getting traded. The front office said they won't trade him. There were like two articles out today quoting Kirk Cousins himself saying he expects to be a Redskin this year because the team told him he won't be traded.


Instead they'll just let him walk for nothing next year. It's been reported over and over again that he's not signing with this team and wants to test the market. He'll keep signing franchise tags but he's not signing a LTD here after what's transpired.
Kirk has never said that. If the team offered a fair market deal, he'd probably sign it but they keep lowballing him and that's the only reason that he keeps saying he has no problem playing on the franchise tag. He's not going to sign a deal that doesn't give him guarantees that near to surpass what Andrew Luck is getting and he shouldn't because he could get that on the open market next year either from the Redskins - if they transition tag him and the skins match another team's offer - or from another team should the Redskins choose not to match whatever offer Kirk would get.
If we transition tag him and can't match it we'd lose him for nothing. If we let him hit free agency and lose him at least we'd get a 3rd round comp pick.
We don't get a comp pick if we transition tag him?

Didn't know that.

If that's the case, the transition tag seems like a total waste unless you are sure that your player is going to sign it and in this case we can't be so sure.
Ya plus a team with a ton of cap space like the 49ers or Browns could front load the contract so much that we likely couldn't match.
Yep, well that sucks but at least we would see what his true cost was and could decide to match it or let him go.

If we don't tag him at all next year I think he may give us the Kevin Durant treatment. We may not even get a meeting. It's so important for us to lock him up before July 15th imo. If we don't, I think he's gone.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1731
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will play the game the OP was looking for instead of just saying not gonna happen like the rest of you know it all oracles. Twisted Evil I say to the Rams for their 1st and Jared Goff.Reuniting him with McVay and making the rams relevant in the NFC west. Twisted Evil
_________________
Posts: 6666=Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 18761
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
I will play the game the OP was looking for instead of just saying not gonna happen like the rest of you know it all oracles. Twisted Evil I say to the Rams for their 1st and Jared Goff.Reuniting him with McVay and making the rams relevant in the NFC west. Twisted Evil
Rams don't have a first.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80317
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It don't think it will ever happen but, I would totally trade Cousins to the Rams for Jared Goff this offseason or next offseason and a pick or two from the Rams.

At least we would get back a good qb prospect in return for Cousins and we would int have to use a draft pick to obtain him, in fact we may get a draft pick or two back in return for giving McVay his boy Kirk.

I'd much rather do that trade than trade Cousins for draft picks.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5012
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:


Lmao of these gifs- very appropriate. Reminded me of



Last edited by Doc Draper on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10275
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
He's not getting traded. The front office said they won't trade him. There were like two articles out today quoting Kirk Cousins himself saying he expects to be a Redskin this year because the team told him he won't be traded.


With Allen now in charge, I completely believe it because it's a terrible decision. If you don't have a long term deal by the draft, Cousins is gone (or you have to franchise him again).

Houston is a prime candidate. They got rid of Osweiler. They aren't getting Romo. They have a stacked defense, a decent run game, and pass catchers.

Take their first rounder and go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5012
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think if he walks and signs as highest NFL player with another team the NFL gives us a number 1 as compensatory pick? It would be unprecedented to lose such a highly paid player and I think warrants a number 1 at pick 33 in the draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80317
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He's not getting traded. The front office said they won't trade him. There were like two articles out today quoting Kirk Cousins himself saying he expects to be a Redskin this year because the team told him he won't be traded.


With Allen now in charge, I completely believe it because it's a terrible decision. If you don't have a long term deal by the draft, Cousins is gone (or you have to franchise him again).

Houston is a prime candidate. They got rid of Osweiler. They aren't getting Romo. They have a stacked defense, a decent run game, and pass catchers.

Take their first rounder and go.
We don't have Houston's talent on defense. The comparison doesn't wirk for us.

Houston will do what they do every year, be lucky to win 9 games because of the strength of their defense and fail in the playoffs. I'd rather have a qb who gives us a chance to be more than that, all we have to do is get better than average on defense like the Giants and Falcons did last offseason and we're there! :lol.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80317
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Do you think if he walks and signs as highest NFL player with another team the NFL gives us a number 1 as compensatory pick? It would be unprecedented to lose such a highly paid player and I think warrants a number 1 at pick 33 in the draft
Not a chance, we'll get a 3rd round pick and that's only if we don't go out and sign a few high paid free agents ourself which I actually don't think we will do next offseason but we will probably spend to keep our own free agents next offseason (Brown, Breeland, Long, Moses, Murphy and Pryor) are players we will probably be interested in re-signing next offseason. It's going to be hard to get a comp pick when we do that.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8894
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gonna stay this year but for what it's worth oft suggests maybe browns trade is a first #1 pick for cousins since they aren't sure they should pick garret over a QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7153
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no clue what they're doing at this point? I mean, it doesn't take two years to come to a long-term agreement and if they really wanted to get it done it would've been done by now. So if Bruce and Dan have no intentions of paying him what he wants and they're simply going to let him walk for nothing next season I don't think they truly understand how much backlash they're going to receive...

Either fix your relationship with Kirk and pay him or cash out now and trade him to the Niners. This whole entire situation is stupid.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10275
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He's not getting traded. The front office said they won't trade him. There were like two articles out today quoting Kirk Cousins himself saying he expects to be a Redskin this year because the team told him he won't be traded.


With Allen now in charge, I completely believe it because it's a terrible decision. If you don't have a long term deal by the draft, Cousins is gone (or you have to franchise him again).

Houston is a prime candidate. They got rid of Osweiler. They aren't getting Romo. They have a stacked defense, a decent run game, and pass catchers.

Take their first rounder and go.
We don't have Houston's talent on defense. The comparison doesn't wirk for us.

Houston will do what they do every year, be lucky to win 9 games because of the strength of their defense and fail in the playoffs. I'd rather have a qb who gives us a chance to be more than that, all we have to do is get better than average on defense like the Giants and Falcons did last offseason and we're there! :lol.


Houston is a prime candidate to trade for Cousins. With Cousins, they're a Super Bowl contender.

The defense will not be good enough next season. Cousins is gone after this season without a long term deal. Trade him now while you can get a first rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 18944
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I honestly have no clue what they're doing at this point? I mean, it doesn't take two years to come to a long-term agreement and if they really wanted to get it done it would've been done by now. So if Bruce and Dan have no intentions of paying him what he wants and they're simply going to let him walk for nothing next season I don't think they truly understand how much backlash they're going to receive...

Either fix your relationship with Kirk and pay him or cash out now and trade him to the Niners. This whole entire situation is stupid.


You know me. I want him here on a LTD.

But as much as I want him here, you and I are in 110% agreement here.
_________________


As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80317
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
He's not getting traded. The front office said they won't trade him. There were like two articles out today quoting Kirk Cousins himself saying he expects to be a Redskin this year because the team told him he won't be traded.


With Allen now in charge, I completely believe it because it's a terrible decision. If you don't have a long term deal by the draft, Cousins is gone (or you have to franchise him again).

Houston is a prime candidate. They got rid of Osweiler. They aren't getting Romo. They have a stacked defense, a decent run game, and pass catchers.

Take their first rounder and go.
We don't have Houston's talent on defense. The comparison doesn't wirk for us.

Houston will do what they do every year, be lucky to win 9 games because of the strength of their defense and fail in the playoffs. I'd rather have a qb who gives us a chance to be more than that, all we have to do is get better than average on defense like the Giants and Falcons did last offseason and we're there! :lol.


Houston is a prime candidate to trade for Cousins. With Cousins, they're a Super Bowl contender.

The defense will not be good enough next season. Cousins is gone after this season without a long term deal. Trade him now while you can get a first rounder.
Oh yes, sorry I misunderstood your point before. I'd say if we were going to trade Cousins to Houston though in return we should get a guy like Whitney Mercilus or Clowney in return as well as a 1st or 2nd round pick.

If we are trading a qb who's played like a top 10 qb for most of the last two seasons we should get an immediate starter at another position in return or a qb who can challenge Mccoy as our starter and a 1st or 2nd round pick.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group