Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

247sports.com mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Good news guys Trent Murphy suspension cancelled , bad news ? Without the PED he will probably suck .
If it wasn't a factor than Murphy could start for us .

Do you have a source? NFL network saying he lost and upheld 4 game suspension

Bleacher report is saying lost his appeal and will serve a 4 game suspension
Is 40 the new 20? Murphy weighed in the 260's in 2015 - it was 2014 when he weighed in the 250's, in 6 months he put on 20 to 25 pounds not 40. That's 4 or 5 pounds a month, totally doable when you triple your calorie intake.

I wish what Dashing wrote was correct but he must have read the headline wrong. Murphy's suspension was upheld and he lost his appeal.

It's a big loss, he was still our 3rd best pass rusher last year but he was our best finsisher when he got to the qb. If Kerrigan and Smith finished as well as Murph does when they get to the qb; Kerrigan would have had 15 sacks on the season and Smith would have had 10.

Let's hope they can do it this year, Galette stays healthy to have around 10 sacks and when Murphy comes back he can give Kerrigan some rest at LOLB and then play some DE/DT in our nickel and dime defenses to take advantage of his quickness vs guards and then he ends up with 5 or 6 sacks in 8 games.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
I'm considering a play that 4 of these five (projected by most) mock drafts as 1st round picks don't get selected

David Njoku- sorry my brother
McDowell
Peppers
Kizer
Mahones

I think there's a real strong chance Kizer and Mahones don't go in the first. McDowell has a real shot of falling to the 2nd as well. TEs are hard to project in the draft, most mocks have Njoku in the first though. I think Peppers has the strongest chance of being selected in the first.
All indications are that Arizona loves Kizer. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll take him innround 1, but I think it's a strong possibility they do.

Who knows, that could be a trade up parter for us if we really do want to ensure that we get Foster or Reddick.

Also, I have a feeling that Mahomes is this year's Josh Freeman. He's been a late riser in this draft process and some team - possibly the Texans, Chiefs, Steelers, 49ers or Browns - will want to trade up for him or any of theee teams could want to trade up for DeShaun Watson. If they want to trade up, we should trade back with them.

If we do that most of - Budda Baker, Caleb Brantley, Gareon Connelly, Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, Dion Dawkins, Charles Harris, Adoree Jackson, Jourdan Lewis, Kevin King, Forest Lamp, Carl Lawson, Malik McDowell, Tarrakist McKinley, Raekwon McMillan, Obi Melifonwu, Jabril Peppers, Cam Robinson, Tre'Davious White, Tim Williams and Quincy Wilson - will still be available at 25 and we'll have our choice of the second tier of defenders in this draft and some good offensive linemen prospects.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle, completely understand and fully respect your reasons on the late Sean. This is such an open and interesting draft aftervthe top 10 where lots can happen. We won't bet but just watch it and enjoy Smile

This is a very deep draft right after the top tier players. 17 is no mans land kind of how the Wizards were for decades after Wes until the wall era - never good enough to win or bad enough to get a great player. I'm in for a trade up for foster if not too expensive and really think a trade down for multiple picks is the way to go this year.

The only things I don't want is to draft any quarterback at 17 or any wide receiver at 17 unless Williams falls

Lastly my buddies in Cleveland are getting very worried they are going to blow it. Talk radio blowing up and a rift between their coach who wants the DE and their front office analytics guys who want to trade out to get a "higher valued position" ( QB, RB, WR, LT) at a lower pick. Should be interesting
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Good news guys Trent Murphy suspension cancelled , bad news ? Without the PED he will probably suck .

Is 40 the new 20? Murphy weighed in the 260's in 2015 - it was 2014 when he weighed in the 250's, in 6 months he put on 20 to 25 pounds not 40. That's 4 or 5 pounds a month, totally doable when you triple your calorie intake.

I wish what Dashing wrote was correct but he must have read the headline wrong. Murphy's suspension was upheld and he lost his appeal.

It's a big loss, he was still our 3rd best pass rusher last year but he was our best finsisher when he got to the qb. If Kerrigan and Smith finished as well as Murph does when they get to the qb; Kerrigan would have had 15 sacks on the season and Smith would have had 10.

Let's hope they can do it this year, Galette stays healthy to have around 10 sacks and when Murphy comes back he can give Kerrigan some rest at LOLB and then play some DE/DT in our nickel and dime defenses to take advantage of his quickness vs guards and then he ends up with 5 or 6 sacks in 8 games.

Again, gaining weight can be done just by eating junk. What you keep failing to realize is he put on a ton of muscle and got FASTER. This was called last season by several different people when the reports started about how much more explosive he looks. He roided and got caught because he's dumb.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Turtle, completely understand and fully respect your reasons on the late Sean. This is such an open and interesting draft aftervthe top 10 where lots can happen. We won't bet but just watch it and enjoy Smile

This is a very deep draft right after the top tier players. 17 is no mans land kind of how the Wizards were for decades after Wes until the wall era - never good enough to win or bad enough to get a great player. I'm in for a trade up for foster if not too expensive and really think a trade down for multiple picks is the way to go this year.

The only things I don't want is to draft any quarterback at 17 or any wide receiver at 17 unless Williams falls

Lastly my buddies in Cleveland are getting very worried they are going to blow it. Talk radio blowing up and a rift between their coach who wants the DE and their front office analytics guys who want to trade out to get a "higher valued position" ( QB, RB, WR, LT) at a lower pick. Should be interesting
Who ever those buddies are have it wrong, an elite DE/OLB is of higher position value than RB or WR. Generally the rule of thumb is QB, LT and then DE/OLB. You need a top LT to block the elite DE/OLB and the best defenses have an elite DE/OLB who can always get pressure on the qb, which can change a game and force turnovers.

Passing on Myles Garrett would be as dumb as passing on Wentz last year. They can take a qb with their 2nd 1st round pick - Trubinsky will probably be available - of take the best qb available at the top of round 2 to develop behind Brock or Kessler.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Again, gaining weight can be done just by eating junk. What you keep failing to realize is he put on a ton of muscle and got FASTER. This was called last season by several different people when the reports started about how much more explosive he looks. He roided and got caught because he's dumb.
Sure Junk or 4 protein shakes and tons of protein every meal. Body builders do it all the time, they'll put on a lot of weight and then cut before their competition.

I mean that's not too different than what Murphy did last year. He talked about his diet, Kerrigan made fun of him for putting protein in his coffee. Then, they asked him to lose weight after Galette tore his Achilles and he lost 15 pounds by cutting that weight within a month or so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: