You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

247sports.com mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Skinsin2013


Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 211
Location: DC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW... I really hope we don't draft a RB. Cook has had a few shoulder surgeries. CM will get folded up at some point.

RBs have short shelf lives and I'd rather see a first round pick on a guy that could be around for a lot longer.

The second or third round works just fine for me for a RB.
_________________
Playing to make the playoffs is stupid; Setting yourself up for a Super Bowl run is smart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinsin2013 wrote:
BTW... I really hope we don't draft a RB. Cook has had a few shoulder surgeries. CM will get folded up at some point.

RBs have short shelf lives and I'd rather see a first round pick on a guy that could be around for a lot longer.

The second or third round works just fine for me for a RB.
Beyond that we aren't going to get the running back who best fits our man blocking scheme in this draft - Fournette - who may go top 5 to Jax.

McCaffery is a zbs back, if we still had the Shanahan's running scheme I'd say draft him but we now have Callahan's and he'd be only a utility back ala Thompson in our offense.

I think Cook best fits a zbs offense as well, most of his runs are on the outside and off tackle. I've never seen either him or McCaffery as tough inbetween the tackle runners like our running scheme demands.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 Pick 25 (HOU): Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Michigan St.
Round 2 Pick 17: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut
Round 3 Pick 17: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
Round 4 Pick 7: Jeremy Cutrer, CB, Middle Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 17: Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California
Round 4 Pick 25 (HOU): John Johnson, FS, Boston College
Round 5 Pick 10: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 25: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Round 6 Pick 17: Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT, Southern California
Round 7 Pick 2: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
Round 7 Pick 17: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8924
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Round 1 Pick 25 (HOU): Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Michigan St.
Round 2 Pick 17: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut
Round 3 Pick 17: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
Round 4 Pick 7: Jeremy Cutrer, CB, Middle Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 17: Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California
Round 4 Pick 25 (HOU): John Johnson, FS, Boston College
Round 5 Pick 10: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 25: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Round 6 Pick 17: Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT, Southern California
Round 7 Pick 2: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
Round 7 Pick 17: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.


We don't need a safety turtle . Waste of second round pick it's better used on. A RB or Cb I'm fine with the other picks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Round 1 Pick 25 (HOU): Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Michigan St.
Round 2 Pick 17: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut
Round 3 Pick 17: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
Round 4 Pick 7: Jeremy Cutrer, CB, Middle Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 17: Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California
Round 4 Pick 25 (HOU): John Johnson, FS, Boston College
Round 5 Pick 10: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 25: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Round 6 Pick 17: Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT, Southern California
Round 7 Pick 2: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
Round 7 Pick 17: Josiah Price, TE, Michigan St.


We don't need a safety turtle . Waste of second round pick it's better used on. A RB or Cb I'm fine with the other picks
1. He's the BPA by a mile.

2. We don't know if Cravens will succeed at safety yet.

3. We have no depth at safety, especially someone would could play closer to the line of scrimmage.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinsin2013 wrote:
BTW... I really hope we don't draft a RB. Cook has had a few shoulder surgeries. CM will get folded up at some point.

RBs have short shelf lives and I'd rather see a first round pick on a guy that could be around for a lot longer.

The second or third round works just fine for me for a RB.


McCaffrey is 21-years old and even if he hits a wall at 30 that gives us 9 years of solid production. Please, can we stop acting like McCaffrey is a tiny human being. He's 5'11 and 205lbs, he's not exactly a small guy. He's basically the same size Portis was when we traded for him.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering a play that 4 of these five (projected by most) mock drafts as 1st round picks don't get selected


David Njoku- sorry my brother
McDowell
Peppers
Kizer
Mahones

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
I'm considering a play that 4 of these five (projected by most) mock drafts as 1st round picks don't get selected


David Njoku- sorry my brother
McDowell
Peppers
Kizer
Mahones

I would take that bet vs you. I think all of them except Kizer have a chance to go top 20. Especially Mahomes. If I'm Houston I try to find a way to trade up and select him in the teens. He'd be an immediate upgrade over what they have, and they can just mostly run the ball and play D like they've been doing since Matt Schaub left and they've been winning that way.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
I'm considering a play that 4 of these five (projected by most) mock drafts as 1st round picks don't get selected


David Njoku- sorry my brother
McDowell
Peppers
Kizer
Mahones

I would take that bet vs you. I think all of them except Kizer have a chance to go top 20. Especially Mahomes. If I'm Houston I try to find a way to trade up and select him in the teens. He'd be an immediate upgrade over what they have, and they can just mostly run the ball and play D like they've been doing since Matt Schaub left and they've been winning that way.


sig bet for a year where if you win I say "Turtle is the most authoritative voice on the Redskins" and if I win you say:

"Doc Draper is Awesome and while I can never attain his knowledge , class, style, conquests and achievements, I will dedicate my life trying"
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
I'm considering a play that 4 of these five (projected by most) mock drafts as 1st round picks don't get selected


David Njoku- sorry my brother
McDowell
Peppers
Kizer
Mahones

I think there's a real strong chance Kizer and Mahones don't go in the first. McDowell has a real shot of falling to the 2nd as well. TEs are hard to project in the draft, most mocks have Njoku in the first though. I think Peppers has the strongest chance of being selected in the first.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8924
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news guys Trent Murphy suspension cancelled , bad news ? Without the PED he will probably suck .
If it wasn't a factor than Murphy could start for us .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Good news guys Trent Murphy suspension cancelled , bad news ? Without the PED he will probably suck .
If it wasn't a factor than Murphy could start for us .


I think it's good news. He was using the "help" when his coaches told him to gain 40 pounds in 4 months- morons otherwise he would have put on fat. The coaches were complicit here. If you want a guy to bulk in give him a year to do so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Good news guys Trent Murphy suspension cancelled , bad news ? Without the PED he will probably suck .
If it wasn't a factor than Murphy could start for us .


Do you have a source? NFL network saying he lost and upheld 4 game suspension
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1952
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Good news guys Trent Murphy suspension cancelled , bad news ? Without the PED he will probably suck .
If it wasn't a factor than Murphy could start for us .


Do you have a source? NFL network saying he lost and upheld 4 game suspension


Bleacher report is saying lost his appeal and will serve a 4 game suspension
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
I'm considering a play that 4 of these five (projected by most) mock drafts as 1st round picks don't get selected


David Njoku- sorry my brother
McDowell
Peppers
Kizer
Mahones

I would take that bet vs you. I think all of them except Kizer have a chance to go top 20. Especially Mahomes. If I'm Houston I try to find a way to trade up and select him in the teens. He'd be an immediate upgrade over what they have, and they can just mostly run the ball and play D like they've been doing since Matt Schaub left and they've been winning that way.


sig bet for a year where if you win I say "Turtle is the most authoritative voice on the Redskins" and if I win you say:

"Doc Draper is Awesome and while I can never attain his knowledge, class, style, conquests and achievements, I will dedicate my life trying"
Smile
Man I would but I just am never taking down my signatures on the Sean Taylor Award.

Maybe we could do something where in every post we write for the next month after the season we have to write that at the end of our post.

That's pretty hilarious! Laughing

I could also add that "Doc is the most interesting man in the world" to the beginning of that. Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group