Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

247sports.com mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LFOX21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: 247sports.com mock Reply with quote

1) OG/C Forrest Lamp western Kentucky
2) ILB Raekwon McMillan OSU
3) DT/DE Chris Wormley Michigan
4) NT Carlos Watkins Clemson
4) RB D'onta Foreman Texas
5) DE/EDGE Daeshon Hall Miss St
6) QB Josh Dobbs Tenn
6) C Kyle Fuller Baylor
7) WR Jehu Chesson Michigan
7) ILB Hardy Nickerson Illinois

I actually really liked this draft a lot, gave us good potential starters and depth on the Dline along with during up our Oline, a running back of the future and a starter alongside zach brown at ILB. Daeshon Hall is interesting he got overshadowed by Myles garret at miss st. But had a good year. Also like the Josh dobbs pick. Kid can play and is super smart

What are halls thoughts
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the draft but it's very unrealistic these players are available when they have us picking them:

2) ILB Raekwon McMillan OSU (I think he's a top 40 player)

3) DT/DE Chris Wormley Michigan (likely to go end of round 2)

4) NT Carlos Watkins Clemson (likely to go end of round 2 or 1st half of round 3)

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 247sports.com mock Reply with quote

LFOX21 wrote:
6) QB Josh Dobbs Tenn
6) C Kyle Fuller Baylor

I actually really liked this draft a lot, gave us good potential starters and depth on the Dline along with during up our Oline, a running back of the future and a starter alongside zach brown at ILB. Daeshon Hall is interesting he got overshadowed by Myles garret at miss st. But had a good year. Also like the Josh dobbs pick. Kid can play and is super smart

What are halls thoughts

A+. I love it but won't ever happen. This is a sold solid draft.

Chubby wants an exciting impact player on offense and Bruce wants to see more team jersey's - remember the Chubsters comments how our only first round picks have been a guard and a injured wide receiver? Say it with me-its the offense that sells tickets (Kenny Beatrice). Kenny B was right.

Tribusky, Kizer, Mccaffrey, Cook, Williams, Ross, Watson, are the picks whomever is still there at 17
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 247sports.com mock Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:
6) QB Josh Dobbs Tenn
6) C Kyle Fuller Baylor

What are halls thoughts

Chubby wants an exciting impact player on offense and Bruce wants to see more team jersey's - remember the Chubsters comments how our only first round picks have been a guard and a injured wide receiver? Say it with me-its the offense that sells tickets (Kenny Beatrice). Kenny B was right.

Tribusky, Kizer, Mccaffrey, Cook, Williams, Ross, Watson, are the picks whomever is still there at 17
I agree about their general incompetence but I still think they'll end up going defense at 17. Too many needs there. I think they go CB because Allen thinks he fixed the front 3 in free agency (he didn't).

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 247sports.com mock Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:
6) QB Josh Dobbs Tenn
6) C Kyle Fuller Baylor

What are halls thoughts

I agree about their general incompetence but I still think they'll end up going defense at 17. Too many needs there. I think they go CB because Allen thinks he fixed the front 3 in free agency (he didn't).

any defensive player or OL and I am happy
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 247sports.com mock Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
LFOX21 wrote:
6) QB Josh Dobbs Tenn
6) C Kyle Fuller Baylor

What are halls thoughts

any defensive player or OL and I am happy
Other than a safety and I'll sign on to that.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock Draft I just did on First Pick:

Round 1 Pick 17: Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Michigan State (B)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DEN): Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 3 Pick 18 (DEN): Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 7: Kendall Beckwith, ILB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: J.J. Dielman, C/OG/OT, Utah (B+)
Round 5 Pick 10: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A-)
Round 6 Pick 17: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (A-)
Round 6 Pick 25: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Demetrious Cox, FS, Michigan State (C)
Round 7 Pick 17: Jeremy Clark, CB, Michigan (A-)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Did Denver give you a 3rd for trading down 2 spots in the 2nd?

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah, Laughing How the hell was I going to pass that up?

Totally unrealistic! With the pick though they did draft Budda Baker. So, they got a future starting FS. I made the trade becsuse it was a steal and I thought Baker would still be there at 51.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Totally unrealistic! With the pick though they did draft Budda Baker. So, they got a future starting FS. I made the trade becsuse it was a steal and I thought Baker would still be there at 51.
I think Budda Baker will end up being the best secondary player from this draft class. FS who can play slot CB like the honey badger.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think Budda Baker will end up being the best secondary player from this draft class. FS who can play slot CB like the honey badger.
I think Malik Hooker will be the best, he's the one with elite instincts and ball skills but I do agree Baker will be great as well. I like the Honeybadger comparison, that's a good one. I think this is one hell of a draft class for DBs. Jamal Adams is going to be amazing also, I think he compares to Landon Collins but Adams faster.

There's some great corners in this draft also with the OSU corners, Humphrey, Quincy Wilson, Jourdan Lewis, Tre'Davious White, Cordrea Tankersley and Tabor. This draft is just stacked with defensive talent.

It's so exciting because the Redskins need an infusion of young defensive talent the most.

Skinsin2013

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand 247sports. Nothing but slide shows for clicking.

That said, I'll vomit in my mouth a bit if we go offense again when we really need defense.

That would make it consecutive years of doing that. One year... fine. Back-to-back years... no thank you.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinsin2013 wrote:

That said, I'll vomit in my mouth a bit if we go offense again when we really need defense.

That would make it consecutive years of doing that. One year... fine. Back-to-back years... no thank you.
I agree. If we go offense again in round 1, it would be 3 consecutive years of passing on good defensive prospect - and arguably better players - which could have developed into good defenders for our below average - at best - defense.

It's hard to listen to people keep complaining about the defensive coordinator being the problem, the lack of talent on defense and how certain players aren't good enough to be starters on defense if we just keep taking offensive players in round 1 each draft - and especially shiny toys like WRs & Rbs - while our defensive front 7 of continues to leaks like a sieve.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Skinsin2013 wrote:

I agree. If we go offense again in round 1, it would be 3 consecutive years of passing on good defensive prospects which could develop into good defenders for our below average - at best - defense.

Hard to listen to people kee complaining about the defensive coordinator being the problem, the lack of talent and how certain players aren't good enough to be starters on defense if we just keep taking offensive players in round 1 each draft - and especially shiny toys like WRs & Rbs while our front 7 of defense leaks like a sieve.

He was statistically the worst defensive coordinator ever. It's easy to complain about Joe Barry because he was that bad. Manusky isn't great but he's a major upgrade.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Skinsin2013 wrote:

I agree. If we go offense again in round 1, it would be 3 consecutive years of passing on good defensive prospects which could develop into good defenders for our below average - at best - defense.

Hard to listen to people kee complaining about the defensive coordinator being the problem, the lack of talent and how certain players aren't good enough to be starters on defense if we just keep taking offensive players in round 1 each draft - and especially shiny toys like WRs & Rbs while our front 7 of defense leaks like a sieve.

He was statistically the worst defensive coordinator ever. It's easy to complain about Joe Barry because he was that bad. Manusky isn't great but he's a major upgrade.
The defense might have been the least talented the Washington Redskins have fielded since I was born in 1979. You just can't win without talent.

The bolded is also not true. The only category that they were statistically the worst in was 3rd down Defense.

I mean we can go back to Haz, our defense had the same problems then. We kept signing offensive players and spending draft picks on offensive players while our defense didn't get the top level upgrades it needed except in 2011.

Everyone knows we had trouble attracting a top defensive coordinator because they didn't like the talent level they would be inheriting. Wade Phillips said as much as one reason why he chose to go to LA over us.

The bottom line is if we had drafted Leonard Williams and Eddie Goldman in 2015 instead of Scherff & Preston Smith, our defense would have been a hell of a lot better. Those two draft picks alone would have made a world a difference for our defense.

Would we have been top 10 even if we had them?

I don't so, but we probably would have been middle of the pack which means in 2015 we probably win 1 or 2 more games and in 2016 we probably win 2 or 3 more games and made the playoffs two years in a row.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: