Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remixxxxxxx's full mock off-season v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Remixxxxxxx's full mock off-season v2 Reply with quote

CUT

Jason Kelce, C
Ryan Mathews, RB
Dwayne Gratz, CB
Leodis McKelvin, CB

NOT RE-SIGNED

Stephen Tulloch, LB
Bryan Braman, LB
Michael Johnson, WR

RE-STRUCTURE

Brent Celek, TE
Zach Ertz, TE

FREE AGENCY

Nick Foles, QB, 2 years, 11M

Matt McGloin, QB, 1 year

Torrey Smith, WR, 3 years, 15M

Alshon Jeffery, WR, 1 year, 9.5M

Chance Warmack, OG, 1 year, 1.5M

Chris Long, DE, 2 years, 4.8M

Donald Butler, LB, 1 year, 1M

Patrick Robinson, CB, 1 year, 1M

Alterraun Verner, CB, 1 year, 2M

TRADES

The Eagles trade pick No. 74 to the Baltimore Ravens for Timmy Jernigan and pick No. 99

The Philadelphia Eagles trade the 14th pick in the first round to the Houston Texans (Patrick Mahomes) for the 25th pick in the first round, the 25th pick in the second round and a 2018 3rd round pick

The Philadelphia Eagles trade Mychal Kendricks to the Kansas City Chiefs for a 2017 5th round pick

2017 NFL DRAFT

1.25 (Houston) // Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

Quote:
Wilson's athletic ability and use in college make him scheme versatile for the NFL. The Eagles, who like playing off coverage and use a lot of zone, would be a nice fit for him. While he may have a bit steeper of a learning curve coming away from playing primarily press man, he has shown versatility, so it is not a long term worry. Wilson can be coached up as a tackler and at the worst, he just ends up being a pure cover guy.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/2/3/14483870/2017-nfl-draft-quincy-wilson-scouting-report

2.11 // Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

Quote:
NFL Comparison: Cordrea Tankersley is very reminiscent of AJ Bouye, a late blooming former UDFA who parlayed two strong years in Houston into a massive contract from the Jaguars. Both are strong, man cover corners first and while Bouye rounded his game a lot better during his young career, both players' best assets are very similar.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/3/27/15071884/nfl-draft-cordrea-tankersley-scouting-report-2017-clemson-tigers-cornerback-eagles-philadelphia

2.25 (Houston) // Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

Quote:
There will always be a place in the NFL for strong, physical, and energetic edge rushers. Basham has a big, long and strong frame that bodes well for an NFL pass rusher. Basham possesses a quick burst off the snap of the football with clean and powerful hand technique. Heís never content with being blocked, nonstop motor and relentless when pursuing the quarterback/ball carrier. Basham also has experience dropping into coverage which could provide some scheme versatility, although I believe he best suited as a 4-3 defensive end. Basham played a ton of snaps throughout his career at Ohio and experienced a ton of success/production. Productive players typically translate nicely to the NFL.

http://breakingfootball.com/2017-nfl-draft-tarell-basham-scouting-report/

3.35 (Baltimore) // D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas

Quote:
Bottom line: Foreman is a bigger running back, but he runs with the finesse of a smaller back. Despite his size, he has very good lateral agility and can make defenders miss. He has good vision to find cutback lanes even if heís not always patient. Foreman could improve on delivering contact to defenders instead of absorbing it so often, as well as moving piles better. He was an effective pass blocker in college but transitioning to NFL pass protection will be an adjustment. Between that and rarely being utilized as a receiver, he may just be an early-down player early in his career. If he can be a little more physical and aggressive with the ball in his hands, he could be a highly productive runner right away.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-donta-foreman-rb-texas/

4.12 // Elijah Lee, LB, Kansas State

Quote:
Lee's playing style is more subtle than it is urgent and his upright playing style limits his tackling efficiency and suddenness in his change of direction. Lee has the speed to range all over the field and has the ball skills to warrant consideration on passing downs. If a linebacker coach can get him to play with better bend and get the play speed to match the timed speed, Lee could become an eventual starter in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/elijah-lee?id=2558121

4.33 // KD Cannon, WR, Baylor

Quote:
Bottom line: Cannon is an elite athlete that finished as one of the fastest receivers at the NFL combine. Like most Baylor products, projecting him to running a full route tree can be difficult, but his speed and acceleration should play immediately at the next level.

5.11 // Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame

Quote:
Bottom line: Jones is tough to project because of an injury-marred college career. He missed all but one game his junior year recovering from an MCL tear, as well as suffering a Lisfranc injury in his time at Notre Dame. His senior tape is underwhelming, particularly his performances against the run, but the flashes of brilliance toward the end of the year suggest he was steadily recovering from the injuries. Jones is certainly a powerful bull-rusher, an asset likely to attract interest from NFL evaluators.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-jarron-jones-di-notre-dame/

5.27 (Kansas City) // Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State

Quote:
Bottom line: Davis is a guy who will probably be drafted just on his combine results alone. That isnít the worst thing in the world either because his numbers were incredible. Davis is clearly an athletic freak, but whoever drafts him will need to figure out why that didnít translate on tape in college. But Davis does have the potential to be a great deep threat receiver even if he never really develops next-level route running. Heís a guy a team would be wise to pick up in a late round and see if he can develop down the line.

6.10 // Avery Gennesy, OL, Texas A&M

Quote:
Played in a zone blocking scheme, that NFL teams employ, experience in that system will do him favors in adjusting to the next level. Has good lateral quickness and agility and that helps him greatly in reach blocking. Decent hip movement leads to a skid, choppy kick slide. Strong hands, latches on to edge rushers and doesnít let go. Has the ideal length and athletic ability to recover after being beaten.

https://nflmocks.com/2017/04/04/avery-gennesy-ot-texas-2017-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

7.12 // Kai Nacua, S, Brigham Young

Quote:
Kai Nacua has NFL size and physicality. He is explosive as a hitter and when he gets his hands on the football he is a threat to return it for a touchdown every time. He shows versatility when he is asked to do different things in the secondary.

When he is on the field he made a noticeable difference in the BYU defensive back group. That goes to show his ability as a leader. Two seasons in a row he has tied the school record for interceptions in a season. He has proven doubters wrong and shown NFL caliber speed and athleticism.

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/07/scouting-report-byu-safety-kai-nacua/

PROJECTED 53 MAN ROSTER

QB // Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Matt McGloin
RB // Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood, D'Onta Foreman
WR // Alshon Jeffery, Dorial Green-Beckham, Robert Davis
WR // Torrey Smith, KD Cannon
SWR // Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor
TE // Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, Trey Burton
LT // Jason Peters, Lane Johnson
LG // Isaac Seumalo, Chance Warmack
C // Stefen Wisniewski, Isaac Seumalo
RG // Brandon Brooks, Allen Barbre
RT // Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai

RDE // Chris Long, Vinny Curry
RDT // Fletcher Cox, Jarron Jones
LDT // Timmy Jernigan, Destiny Vaeao, Beau Allen (IR)
LDE // Brandon Graham, Tarell Basham, Marcus Smith
SLB // Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode
MLB // Jordan Hicks, Donald Butler
WLB // Elijah Lee, Kamu Grguier-Hill
LCB // Quincy Wilson, Jalen Mills
RCB // Alterraun Verner, Cordrea Tankersley
SCB // Patrick Robinson, Ron Brooks
S // Rodney McLeod, Chris Maragos
S // Malcom Jenkins, Jaylen Watkins, Kai Nacua

P // Donnie Jones
K // Caleb Sturgis
LS // Jon Dorenbos
PR/KR // Darren Sproles, Nelson Agholor

PRACTICE SQUAD

Alex McCallister, DE
Avery Gennesy, OL, Texas A&M
Jylan Ware, OL, Alabama State
Terrell Watson, RB
Paul Turner, WR
Kyle Sloter, QB, Northern Colorado
Will Likely, CB, Maryland
Al-Quadin Muhammad, DE, Miami
Keith Kelsey, LB, Louisville
AJ Wolf, DT, Duke

Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the chance of any CB busting, no matter how good of a prospect, is over 50%, so I can't get down with taking CB round 1 and 2.
I think Basham goes in round 2. I like him almost as much as Barnett.
I don't think Robert Davis will last that long unless he has character concerns I'm unaware of.
Foreman doesn't make much sense in a WCO. Teams are gonna know it's a handoff or a pass to someone that isn't the RB since Foreman can't catch.

Draft: C Davis, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the chance of any CB busting, no matter how good of a prospect, is over 50%, so I can't get down with taking CB round 1 and 2.

Not going to disagree and I went back and forth on this quite a bit but I believe that Tankersley is the BPA there. I think he and Wilson have the potential to form one of the top CB duos for a very long time.

Quote:
I think Basham goes in round 2. I like him almost as much as Barnett.

I have him going in round two.

Quote:
I don't think Robert Davis will last that long unless he has character concerns I'm unaware of.

I actually think where I have us grabbing Davis is a little early, so it seems we disagree on where he actually goes

Quote:
Foreman doesn't make much sense in a WCO. Teams are gonna know it's a handoff or a pass to someone that isn't the RB since Foreman can't catch.

Foreman is one of the best runningbacks to pair with Smallwood and that allows us to do something similar to what Carolina did with Williams and Stewart.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go corner back to back in the first and second and end up with Wilson and Tankersley I think in an ideal world you could get Wilson 43 and Tankersley with our 74th pick we traded..I'd like Humphery or King at 25 and if we go corner again grab Jones slap him and Beau on PUP and wed be sattling up for a playoff run when they get back let Sh!ttu and Smith get game experience

KD and Davis seems like DGB and Agholar all over again.. Switzer and Chesson I think wouldn't have to start right way but can both be effective as role players Chesson as a possession receiver and Switzer like Beasley or Welker type slot receiver while both being great on special teams

I wouldn't mind the other picks..

Don't know who Kai Nunca is but he seems like a steal I'm going to have to check him out..

Its solid not spectacular a B how would you use the players you drafted or how do you see there roles with the Eagles now and down the road?
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought houston traded their second in the brock osweiler deal.

I also thought that schwarz was forced to use zone last year because he had no choice but he prefers press man.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought houston traded their second in the brock osweiler deal.

2018 second round pick
Quote:

I also thought that schwarz was forced to use zone last year because he had no choice but he prefers press man.

Both Wilson and Tankersley are suited for a press man type scheme, so they both would fit into what Schwartz wants to do.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we go corner back to back in the first and second and end up with Wilson and Tankersley I think in an ideal world you could get Wilson 43 and Tankersley with our 74th pick we traded..I'd like Humphery or King at 25 and if we go corner again grab Jones slap him and Beau on PUP and wed be sattling up for a playoff run when they get back let Sh!ttu and Smith get game experience

I have Humphrey going to New Orleans at 11 and I don't have Kevin King ranked above Quincy Wilson right now. I don't think either draft slot for Wilson and Tankersley you mentioned is realistic based on where I have them graded.

Quote:
KD and Davis seems like DGB and Agholar all over again.. Switzer and Chesson I think wouldn't have to start right way but can both be effective as role players Chesson as a possession receiver and Switzer like Beasley or Welker type slot receiver while both being great on special teams

Not many similarities between KD and Agholor and Davis and DGH - I'm assuming you're just looking at H/W/S when comparing them.

Quote:
Its solid not spectacular a B how would you use the players you drafted or how do you see there roles with the Eagles now and down the road?

I think we're looking at getting a possible cornerback duo in the mold of Lito/Sheldon, a potential game changing WR (KD) and a very underrtated linebacker at the least.

I also believe that D'Onta Foreman is one of the best runningbacks in the draft and has huge potential - he also has a chance to fade quickly due to his fumbles (hopefully they're because of his broken hand) and his ability as a receiver (which to be fair, we really haven't seen yet).
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Quincy Wilson, especially at 25. I have him rated as my #3 CB prospect behind Lattimore and Jones. I like the Tankersly pick at 43. Wilson and Tankersly on the outside with Mills in the slot for the next decade would be legit.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That free agency is in no way realistic. Eagles can't afford Alshon Jeffrey and no way he's sign a one year deal. Cutting Chase Daniel and signing Foles doesn't make an financial sense and no way the Ravens would trade Jerningan for just a swap of 3rd rounders. Chris Long is old, why would you bother signing him?

F minus.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
That free agency is in no way realistic. Eagles can't afford Alshon Jeffrey and no way he's sign a one year deal. Cutting Chase Daniel and signing Foles doesn't make an financial sense and no way the Ravens would trade Jerningan for just a swap of 3rd rounders. Chris Long is old, why would you bother signing him?

F minus.

I feel ya man - thought the same things when I was putting this together. Surprised it took this long for someone to comment on how unrealistic free agency is.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like several players in this mock, some I'm surprised you have them going where you say

Foreman in the 3rd
Jones in the 5th

I like both WRs Cannon & Davis

I'm ok with both CBs

Do we have money for two more FAs? Or is that in result of cutting Kelce and Mathews?
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but the restructures. If anything Celek should just be cut.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Foreman in the 3rd

I currently have Foreman ranked behind Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, Kamara, Mixon, Perine and Mack - so I think late third, early fourth is the ideal spot for him.

Quote:
Jones in the 5th

Jones is a tough one for me to get a grade on, simply because he's so hot and cold - maybe as hot and cold as any player in the draft and I think that drops him a bit.

Quote:
Do we have money for two more FAs? Or is that in result of cutting Kelce and Mathews?

That's the result of cutting Kelce and Mathews - should've specified that in the OP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: