Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Second to Last Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Jrry32 Second to Last Mock Draft Reply with quote

This will be my second to last mock. I did not include any trades because my last mock will likely feature at least one trade. In this mock, I assumed that Forrest Lamp, David Njoku, Corey Davis, John Ross, and T.J. Watt were all off the board before our second round pick. Also, there are rumors that Eric Decker is available for trade. If they are true, I'd strongly consider trading for him. As always, this is what I'd do rather than me trying to divine what the Rams will do.

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #5 - Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington

Round 3 Pick #5 - Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado

Round 4 Pick #5 - Chase Roullier C/OG Wyoming

Round 4 Pick #35 - Jonnu Smith TE Florida International

Round 5 Pick #5 - Mack Hollins WR North Carolina

Round 6 Pick #5 - Ejuan Price OLB Pittsburgh

Round 6 Pick #22 - Joshua Holsey CB Auburn

Round 7 Pick #16 - Josh Augusta NT Missouri

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Andew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Rob Havenstein
RT: Greg Robinson

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Tyrunn Walker
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: Connor Barwin
LILB: Mark Barron
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Kayvon Webster vs. E.J. Gaines vs. Ahkello Witherspoon
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Pharoh Cooper
PR: Tavon Austin

Also, if Jourdan Lewis free falls on draft day due to the DV arrest, I jump on him in the 4th round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like taking a flier on Mack Hollins. That type of raw physical presence is always enticing. Could easily be a Dwayne Jarrett disappointment, but those are the type of guys we need to try an hit on later in the draft.

I see Chase Roullier creeping further and further up drafts, and while I would be OK with him being the guy we tap to be the next Center, I just dont know why he keeps moving up. I think he is solid, but I dont see much separation between him and guys like Orlosky, Toth or Fuller. I actually think you were on the right path a few weeks ago, that our next Center, wont necessarily be viewed as a Center by most when we draft them.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cant justify spending pick 37 on Kupp.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Kupp pick. I see many drafts with him going late 2nd early 3rd though. Not that it means anything much but it got me thinking. 1...it would definitely be a gift from the football Gods if we could get him with our #5 in the 3rd or better yet.I almost like the idea of trading back a few from that spot and maybe collect another 4th and 6th perhaps. Lots of good talent in the 2nd who fit nicely with us and there lots of talent in the 4th as well still....also...could be used to trade back into the 3rd or even 5th with 3x 4's & 6's as well.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of Kupp with our first pick, I'm on board with the rest. Like others have said, I think thats early for him. I could easily see him available at our 3rd round pick, not necessarily for sure, so, if he is your guy, then taking him where you did assures you of getting him. But, if that were the case, i would really hope we have some trade partners are move down a bit to grab him. Do you prefer him over Juju and Zay?
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
stl4life07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a site that had Kupp compared to Jordy Nelson. I remember when Nelson got drafted in the 2nd round I like who is he? Nelson turned out to be a fantastic player with the Packers.

If Kupp ends up having a career like Nelson then it don't matter where he gets drafted. I personally like JuJu and I hope if the Rams draft Kupp in the 2nd round that they trade down and pick up an extra pick or two but I don't know what the mindset as far as strategy goes for the Rams heading into this draft.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrrry can you give me your top
15 Players for this draft please

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Myles Garrett
TJ Watt
Cooper Kupp

Wink

Jkjk

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I really like taking a flier on Mack Hollins. That type of raw physical presence is always enticing. Could easily be a Dwayne Jarrett disappointment, but those are the type of guys we need to try an hit on later in the draft.

I see Chase Roullier creeping further and further up drafts, and while I would be OK with him being the guy we tap to be the next Center, I just dont know why he keeps moving up. I think he is solid, but I dont see much separation between him and guys like Orlosky, Toth or Fuller. I actually think you were on the right path a few weeks ago, that our next Center, wont necessarily be viewed as a Center by most when we draft them.

I have strong doubts that Roullier isn't higher ranked on NFL boards. He's the best Center in this draft (not counting the OT/OG converts). I'm taking him highly because I don't know want to eff around and lose out on him by getting cute. He's a perfect scheme fit for us and looks to me like a very good NFL Center.

Flatlyner wrote:
Outside of Kupp with our first pick, I'm on board with the rest. Like others have said, I think thats early for him. I could easily see him available at our 3rd round pick, not necessarily for sure, so, if he is your guy, then taking him where you did assures you of getting him. But, if that were the case, i would really hope we have some trade partners are move down a bit to grab him. Do you prefer him over Juju and Zay?

He's my #1 WR (that's counting Evan Engram) on Day 2. I'm taking him where I can get him. As I said, I'm not doing a trade down in this mock, and I don't see being there in the third. I don't care if we might be able to get him later. I know I can get him at #37.

Call it a gut feeling, but I think Kupp is a special player. He gets it, and you can see that when you watch his film. He has the right athletic attributes to succeed. Look at Antonio Brown's combine numbers from back in the day. They were entirely underwhelming. Yet, Brown became a great WR for the same reasons that I think Kupp will. He understood how to use the gifts he has along with his intelligence to outsmart and outplay every guy he lines up against.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean... AB ran a 4.47 though...

I get it, its not all about numbers, but Kupp plays about the same as his timed speed. Don't get me wrong, I think hes a hell of a player with probably the best routes & hands in this class, but I think he could struggle to find seperation at the next level. Now, he doesnt need seperation to win as he can make catches in traffic and in tight windows, but he needs a QB that will trust him and fit it into those tight windows.

In the 3rd/4th frame Im ok with it. In round 2, no way. However, thats my stance and I understand and respect yours as well.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

I cannot. I haven't evaluated many of the first round players because the Rams don't have a first round pick.

My top players for our second round pick (realistically) would be:
1. Forrest Lamp
2. T.J. Watt
3. David Njoku
4. Cooper Kupp
5. Gareon Conley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kupp is a 3rd round talent I wouldn't touch. Just can't get over the fact he's older than Allen Robinson.

Love the Witherspoon and Smith picks. Indifferent about the rest.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

I cannot. I haven't evaluated many of the first round players because the Rams don't have a first round pick.

1. Forrest Lamp
2. T.J. Watt
3. David Njoku
4. Cooper Kupp
5. Gareon Conley

Well I want to know who are your top 15
In case some fall to the second round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I mean... AB ran a 4.47 though...

Brown ran a 4.57 at the Combine. Pro Day 40s are notoriously inconsistent depending on the track. The Combine offers an even playing field to compare them on.

Quote:
I get it, its not all about numbers, but Kupp plays about the same as his timed speed. Don't get me wrong, I think hes a hell of a player with probably the best routes & hands in this class, but I think he could struggle to find seperation at the next level. Now, he doesnt need seperation to win as he can make catches in traffic and in tight windows, but he needs a QB that will trust him and fit it into those tight windows.

Antonio Brown - 4.57 40
Michael Thomas - 4.57 40
Brandon Marshall - 4.56 40
Jarvis Landry - 4.77 40
Wes Welker - 4.65 40
Danny Amendola - 4.70 40
Anquan Boldin - 4.71 40
Keenan Allen - 4.71 40
Kelvin Benjamin - 4.61 40
Allen Robinson - 4.60 40
Davante Adams - 4.56 40
DeAndre Hopkins - 4.57 40
Mohamed Sanu - 4.67 40
Rishard Matthews - 4.62 40
Stevie Johnson - 4.59 40
Brian Hartline - 4.58 40
Austin Collie - 4.63 40
Willie Snead - 4.62 40
Dwayne Bowe - 4.57 40

I'm going to stop there. I don't know why people fall into the same trap every year. This is a kid who burnt Bubba Baker and Marcus Peters on deep balls for TDs in the same game. This is a kid who broke pretty much every receiving record. This is a kid who dominated the Senior Bowl practice week. What more does he need to prove on the field?

As for off of it, that only bolsters his credentials. Read the articles on his approach. It sounds like Marshall Faulk. He learns the offense by learning what everybody else's role and responsibilities are on a given play, so he can execute his responsibilities to the fullest extent. He focuses on always improving his game and not getting static. He spent multiple years at the Manning Passing Academy learning from all the QBs there. Watch the youtube videos where he's asked to analyze film.

I'm completely sold on this kid. I'm head over heels for him. He gets it. He understands what it takes to be a great pro, and you already see the nuances in his game that he'll need to succeed at the next level. He's simply a consistent and reliable player.

We've tried swinging for the fences. It landed us athletes like Quick, Avery, Tavon (to this point), etc. who aren't good football players. I supported Tavon because I projected the skills to come. They haven't. You don't have to do much projecting with Kupp. It's all there. I'd consider him as close to a sure thing as you get. The hell with straight-line speed. There's a reason why the top teams like the Patriots focus so intently on the three cone drill and the short shuttle. They measure functional athleticism.

Quote:
In the 3rd/4th frame Im ok with it. In round 2, no way. However, thats my stance and I understand and respect yours as well.

I'm taking him where I know I can get him. Nobody will care that we got him in the 2nd instead of the 3rd when he's producing 1000 yard seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

1. Forrest Lamp
2. T.J. Watt
3. David Njoku
4. Cooper Kupp
5. Gareon Conley

Well I want to know who are your top 15
In case some fall to the second round.

Well, that's not going to happen. I explained why.

chris00cm wrote:
Kupp is a 3rd round talent I wouldn't touch. Just can't get over the fact he's older than Allen Robinson.

Love the Witherspoon and Smith picks. Indifferent about the rest.

Of all the silly crap to fixate on, you know what I'm just not even going to bother going on a rant. You do you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: