Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 Rounds with trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTMW78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 + 40 I would accept.
8 + 64 I would have to pass.

^^^
Deadpulse on the Sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
I like all of the picks, but I have a really hard time accepting we don't take a DE before the end of the fourth round. Maybe grab a DE instead of Feeney in the second, I don't know. But DE is our biggest need, by far.

Agreed. I also see the Bengals taking Mixon over Feeney in the 2nd too.

You guys took a big hit on the line in free agency so I thought having Feeney fall to your second would be a easy pick.

But we drafted replacements in the last two drafts (Fisher, Ogbuehi, Westerman) so I think they at least give those players a shot. if they fail, draft linemen high next year.
playboi24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Texans mock, but there's virtually no chance that TJ Watt lasts that long into the second round.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:
Forge wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:
I know there are rumors that the panthers might be interested in trading up with the 49ers but I just don't think it will happen. It's too much to give up for a non-QB and we can still get someone at 8 that is going to play a big role for us.

The trade that is much more likely to happen is using our 2 2nd round picks to trade up in the late 1st round. I like Johnson at 60 too.

My hope is that we really give you guys a discounted rate just to movedown, to be quite honest. I have no desire to stick at #2. I'm happy to give you guys #2 and get nothing else back but the second rounder you got from New England (would prefer your own, but I won't be nitpicky). We just need picks, and since we need pretty much everything, there's just no value difference for us between the guy we get at 2 and the guy we get at 8 in my opinion, so I'd just rather have that extra pick.

I agree to a degree with this but you gotta get value for the pick.
I would accept lesser compensation than I put in for this mock but it would have to be more than just 8+64.

Why?

If thats the best offer, that's the best offer, so that's what the value is. If you feel that you can get comparable value at 8 that you can at 2, there's no reason not to take it unless you're holding on to some perceived notion of value that is non existent. Obviously, you want to get the best offer you can, and the most in return, but if that is the only option out there (not suggesting it is, just proposing a hypothetical) I have no problem with taking that offer.

If we can get 2 overall for 1.8 and 2.32 (from NE), then we have a deal.

Matter of fact, I'll call DG now and get authorization to accept this offer :lol:

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
mlucas12002

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
For Cleveland - at #12 If Allen is available there is no way we go QB. I'd rather take Allen and wait until next year for a QB.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

This, plus I'm not interested in Schuster-Smith that high. Change to whatever OT you have rated highest at that point. Otherwise, pretty solid.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
Forge wrote:
DTMW78 wrote:
Forge wrote:
yesweCAM wrote:
I know there are rumors that the panthers might be interested in trading up with the 49ers but I just don't think it will happen. It's too much to give up for a non-QB and we can still get someone at 8 that is going to play a big role for us.

The trade that is much more likely to happen is using our 2 2nd round picks to trade up in the late 1st round. I like Johnson at 60 too.

My hope is that we really give you guys a discounted rate just to movedown, to be quite honest. I have no desire to stick at #2. I'm happy to give you guys #2 and get nothing else back but the second rounder you got from New England (would prefer your own, but I won't be nitpicky). We just need picks, and since we need pretty much everything, there's just no value difference for us between the guy we get at 2 and the guy we get at 8 in my opinion, so I'd just rather have that extra pick.

I agree to a degree with this but you gotta get value for the pick.
I would accept lesser compensation than I put in for this mock but it would have to be more than just 8+64.

Why?

If thats the best offer, that's the best offer, so that's what the value is. If you feel that you can get comparable value at 8 that you can at 2, there's no reason not to take it unless you're holding on to some perceived notion of value that is non existent. Obviously, you want to get the best offer you can, and the most in return, but if that is the only option out there (not suggesting it is, just proposing a hypothetical) I have no problem with taking that offer.

If we can get 2 overall for 1.8 and 2.32 (from NE), then we have a deal.

Matter of fact, I'll call DG now and get authorization to accept this offer Laughing

I mean, don't get me wrong...I totally want to gouge someone for that #2 pick, I just don't know how likely that is without a premium quarterback prospect. My hope is that Cleveland panics and wants to get their quarterback and moves up to #2 for a haul. But otherwise, there's just no reason for us to make a pick there. #8 is a real sweet spot for me because I don't view there to be a ton of difference between players 2 - 8 on the board; they are all in the same tier. And it's entirely possible that we still get a guy who is considered a top 5 player at #8 depending on the way the board plays out (I could easily see someone like Lattimore still being there). So why not just take the extra pick, even if the perceived value isn't in line?

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
cncampos2881

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those Rams picks, especially Douglas in the 4th. Would prefer Zay Jones over Godwin though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: