Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Junior Galette Arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
I never wanted to sign Galette in the first place so I would just cut him.
But McCloughan loved him and was convicted he was going to great for us because he was a "football player!"

So are you going to say that McCloughan made a mistake when he pushed for us to sign him?

Will you admit that you disagreed with one of McCloughan's decisions?

Lmao. He's on a vet min contract. Ease up.
Its not even about Mccloughan. I'm just tired of some people's crap. It gets annoying when other posters think they know more about your own opinions then you yourself do.

You posts have always hated on Scotty Mac while inexplicably loving Licht, Chester, Compton and others who are at best marginal players and some defense coaches who are out of the league after getting fired by us. But it's ok. It's like Elijah Price said in Unbreakable- "Now that we know who you are... I know who I am.... It all makes sense, in the comic you know how you can tell who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero! And most times they're friends, like you and me." Smile

Oh and forgot about the whole Brian Orakpo lol lol

That was fun Smile
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
But McCloughan loved him and was convicted he was going to great for us because he was a "football player!"

So are you going to say that McCloughan made a mistake when he pushed for us to sign him?

Its not even about Mccloughan. I'm just tired of some people's crap. It gets annoying when other posters think they know more about your own opinions then you yourself do.

You posts have always hated on Scotty Mac while inexplicably loving Licht, Chester, Compton and others who are at best marginal players and some defense coaches who are out of the league after getting fired by us. But it's ok. It's like Elijah Price said in Unbreakable- "Now that we know who you are... I know who I am.... It all makes sense, in the comic you know how you can tell who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero! And most times they're friends, like you and me." Smile

That was fun Smile
I don't hate McCloughan, I just didn't agree with all of the decisions he made and if people in Redskins Nation are being truthful, neither did they but no one wants to tell the truth, which is frustrating.

I never once said McCloughan should be fired, I said he needed to do better and have a good offseason and build a better defense. Still, even if he didn't do that, I didn't think he should be fired even next offseaon.

I didn't think he should have been fired, I can't say it any clearer. At the same time I don't think he was some perfect personnel guy which most of Redskins Nation would have you believe. He did make some poor free agent signings and passed on prospects which would have been better draft picks and almost all of Redskins Nation felt that way when the draft happened.

And by the way Orakpo is still a good player in the league, and we still haven't replaced his production at ROLB and the constant pressure he put on LTs since he wasn't re-signed. Last time I checked most in Redskins Nation still are clamoring about taking a good pass rusher who can play ROLB because we don't have one and the last time I checked, the Titans have one.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

That was fun Smile
I don't hate McCloughan, I just didn't agree with all of the decisions he made and if people in Redskins Nation are being truthful, neither did they but no one wants to tell the truth, which is frustrating.

I never once said McCloughan should be fired, I said he needed to do better and have a good offseason and build a better defense. Still, even if he didn't do that, I didn't think he should be fired even next offseaon.

I didn't think he should have been fired, I can't say it any clearer. At the same time I don't think he was some perfect personnel guy which most of Redskins Nation would have you believe because he did make some poor free agent signings and passed on prospects which would have been better draft picks and almost all of Redskins Nation felt that way when the draft happened.
The best talent evaluators in the NFL probably only hit on 50% of their picks/FA signings.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sources have confirmed that we are going with a non traditional candidate for our GM in charge of player acquisition- much more focused on high level analytics used in the financial sector. Should be very exciting!!!

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

That was fun Smile

I didn't think he should have been fired, I can't say it any clearer. At the same time I don't think he was some perfect personnel guy which most of Redskins Nation would have you believe because he did make some poor free agent signings and passed on prospects which would have been better draft picks and almost all of Redskins Nation felt that way when the draft happened.
The best talent evaluators in the NFL probably only hit on 50% of their picks/FA signings.
Yeah, making up some arbitrary % doesn't really prove a point. Many of the decisions he had to make were no brainers and he made the wrong decisions - especially Leonard Williams and Matt Jones. The point is he didn't do as well personnel wise as most in Redskins Nation would have you believe but I never once wanted him fired, I said he needed to do better.

I laid out where he failed in the 2017 FA thread and how most in this forum and in all of Redskins Nation didn't agree with those decisions when he made them, but because it's McCloughan I'm not supposed to bring it up and say I disagree with those moves?

What a crock!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

That was fun Smile

Yeah, making up some arbitrary % doesn't really prove a point. Many of the decisions he had to make were no brainers and he made the wrong decisions - especially Leonard Williams and Matt Jones. The point is he didn't do as well personnel wise as most in Redskins Nation would have you believe but I never once wanted him fired, I said he needed to do better.

I laid out where he failed in the 2017 FA thread and how most in this forum and in all of Redskins Nation didn't agree with those decisions when he made them, but because it's McCloughan I'm not supposed to bring it up and say I disagree with those moves?

What a crock!
Youve been 100% pro Scherff and never argued Williams was the better pick. You have lectured people on this forum time and again on that selection.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

That was fun Smile

What a crock!
Youve been 100% pro Scherff and never argued Williams was the better pick. You have lectured people on this forum time and again on that selection.
Laughing Not pre draft and right after the draft. You only remember what you want to remember. Here's an idea, stick to football and stop trying to remember my positions so you can try to prove me wrong - whether that be from last week or 2 years ago - you can't ever seem to get them right.

In case you want to know, it was Lavar703 who wanted to draft Brandon Scherff during the 2014 college football season, he was for sure he was going to be an upgrade at RT and he and others - including yourself - thought Moses was going to be a bust after just his rookie season. Which made no sense! Laughing

I was a Leonard Williams fan and wanted to draft him since the beginning of the 2014 college football season. If we weren't going to draft him, I wanted to draft Vic Beasley or Shane Ray.

You wanted to draft Dante Fowler, how's that worked out for the Jags?

I've defended Scherff because he's on our team and he's a good player. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't have taken Leonard Williams over him.

I was jumping for joy when Williams fell to 5, and I couldn't understand why McCloughan passed on him because he was the most talented player in the entire draft in my eyes.

McCloughan didn't agree, what say you?

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Laughing Not pre draft and right after the draft. You only remember what you want to remember. Here's an idea, stick to football and stop trying to remember my positions so you can try to prove me wrong - whether that be from last week or 2 years ago - you can't ever seem to get them right.
I don't have to try to prove you wrong, you do that yourself.

turtle28 wrote:
In case you want to know, it was Lavar703 who wanted to draft Brandon Scherff during the 2014 college football season, he was for sure he was going to be an upgrade at RT and he and others - including yourself - thought Moses was going to be a bust after just his rookie season. Which made no sense! Laughing
I thought Moses would bust because I saw him play in person for Virginia for 4 years, and he was mediocre at best. You read about him on a mock draft website. If you had seen him play at Virginia you'd have thought the same thing. The thing I forgot was that Virginia had terrible coaching at the time. Moses has been a pleasant surprise.

turtle28 wrote:
I was a Leonard Williams fan and wanted to draft him since the beginning of the 2014 college football season. If we weren't going to draft him, I wanted to draft Vic Beasley or Shane Ray.
Ok.

turtle28 wrote:
Uhhhh, no. Never. Go find a single post where I said that. I was Leonard Williams 1000%. I flipped out when we passed on him. Go to the draft day thread, I said we just passed on a pro bowl DE for a Guard and everyone yelled at me that Scherff would be the greatest RT ever.

turtle28 wrote:
I've defended Scherff because he's on our team and he's a good player. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't have taken Leonard Williams over him.
You over defend every player on the roster. To the point where its impossible to have a conversation with you.

turtle28 wrote:
I was jumping for joy when Williams fell to 5, and I couldn't understand why McCloughan passed on him because he was the most talented player in the entire draft in my eyes.
Ok.

turtle28 wrote:
I would say he drafted the wrong player.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we are fessing up I wanted Vic Beasley

and if not him I wanted Danny Shelton- ooopppps

But understood and was and continue to be happy with the new sheriff in town and his not eddie murphy (48 hours) but this one makes me laugh everytime

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle,

Noone brought Scot up in this thread until you suddenly blew up and went off on a tangent about him.

All - This thread is to discuss Junior Gallette and his recent run-in. Stick to the topic.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts can be summed up in 2 words:

Knuckle
Head

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Turtle,

Noone brought Scot up in this thread until you suddenly blew up and went off on a tangent about him.

All - This thread is to discuss Junior Gallette and his recent run-in. Stick to the topic.
It was a joke I was using on Mknight. I regret even positing it. I'm sorry it came to what it's become, it wasn't my intention. No one picked up on my point, it just flew over their heads.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't have to try to prove you wrong, you do that yourself.

turtle28 wrote:
I thought Moses would bust because I saw him play in person for Virginia for 4 years, and he was mediocre at best. You read about him on a mock draft website. If you had seen him play at Virginia you'd have thought the same thing. The thing I forgot was that Virginia had terrible coaching at the time. Moses has been a pleasant surprise.

turtle28 wrote:
Ok.

turtle28 wrote:
Uhhhh, no. Never. Go find a single post where I said that. I was Leonard Williams 1000%. I flipped out when we passed on him. Go to the draft day thread, I said we just passed on a pro bowl DE for a Guard and everyone yelled at me that Scherff would be the greatest RT ever.

turtle28 wrote:
You over defend every player on the roster. To the point where its impossible to have a conversation with you.

turtle28 wrote:
Ok.

turtle28 wrote:
I would say he drafted the wrong player.
I think I know myself better than you do.

I criticize players when they play bad but it gets annoying to me when fans totally kill players for months and act like they're just trash. If we had a better ILB than Compton I would have had no problem with that player starting but we didn't. Same with other players.

Also, I generally won't act that way towards a developing player ever, so, people are going to just have to deal with it. I'm not changing on that point.

When a player is true trash, I'll say so, for example David Burton and Donte Whitner last year. They were just god awful and shouldn't have even been on our team and probably wouldn't have been if not for McCloughan. We should have just rolled with Nacho as our starting SS or Cravens. Cravens should have been learning safety since day 1, not ILB. What a freaking waste of his rookie season! If we didn't have Bruton or Whitner, we also could have had Josh Evans and DeShazor Everett as our reserve safeties since week 1 and learning the position as they developed into top reserves behind Blackmon, Nacho and/or Cravens.

I'm talking about pre-draft day as to the Dante Fowler point, you were pushing him more than Beasley or Ray. None of us thought Williams would be available at 5. Pre-draft day, you were definitely a Dante Fowler guy and I thought he was overrated. I had Beasley and Ray ranked higher.

DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Turtle,

It was a joke I was using on Mknight. I regret even positing it. I'm sorry it came to what it's become, it wasn't my intention. No one picked up on my point, it just flew over their heads.

No one cared about your point. Because this thread is about Galette.

Whom I've had Serious doubts about as soon as i started seeing his crew. Wish we could have had some good playing time from him, but we need professionals on the team.
Hope this forces us to draft some Beasts who want to act like NFL players off the field.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
if we are fessing up I wanted Vic Beasley

and if not him I wanted Danny Shelton- ooopppps

But understood and was and continue to be happy with the new sheriff in town and his not eddie murphy (48 hours) but this one makes me laugh everytime

I wanted Danny shelton also, he's been a good run defender which we knew was his strength. I wanted Shelton, Beasley or Ray only if Leonard Williams wasn't available or if we traded down, same with Landon Collins. If we had traded down, I would have been on board with any of those guys. I was a huge fan of those guys.

Round 2 in the 2015 draft, Eddie Goldman all day.

Damn, could you imagine how great our DL would be if in the 2015 draft we had taken Leonard Williams in round 1 and Eddie Goldman in round 2?

Damn! What a missed opportunity to have two great young prospects on our DL. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: