Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bowler1215


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?
_________________
Adopt a Bear:
DT Eddie Goldman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25902
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make me very happy
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaize4488


Joined: 24 Dec 2015
Posts: 438
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6761
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16322
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a very nice draft.

Personally I would take a DB over Allen, but that is really nitpicking between elite talents.

If Kizer falls to us in round 2 I am running the pick in. You don't often get that level of physical talent at QB available in the 2nd round.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaize4488


Joined: 24 Dec 2015
Posts: 438
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.

I think it would be an interesting debate if Kizer fell to 36, but I think the chances of that are minuscule. I think 36 is a DB or TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2621
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.

Well no. They have Zach Miller and they signed Dion Shannon Sharpe Sims. Taking Kizer in round 2, if he's the best QB on the board, is a great plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6761
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.

Well no. They have Zach Miller and they signed Dion Shannon Sharpe Sims. Taking Kizer in round 2, if he's the best QB on the board, is a great plan.


Miller is a goner in 2018 and Engram is a 1st round pick in any other draft. You can literally just stick him in the slot this season if you want and watch him destroy NBs.

I mean Kizer isn't even a first round pick in a bad QB class... why is taking him in round 2 considered great?
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2621
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.

Well no. They have Zach Miller and they signed Dion Shannon Sharpe Sims. Taking Kizer in round 2, if he's the best QB on the board, is a great plan.


Miller is a goner in 2018 and Engram is a 1st round pick in any other draft. You can literally just stick him in the slot this season if you want and watch him destroy NBs.

I mean Kizer isn't even a first round pick in a bad QB class... why is taking him in round 2 considered great?

Engram and Kizer have an equal amount of potential. You write that as if Engram is 100% a sure thing. Aaron Curry was a sure thing, too. If the Bears feel good about Kizer, you take Kizer 10/10 times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6761
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.

Well no. They have Zach Miller and they signed Dion Shannon Sharpe Sims. Taking Kizer in round 2, if he's the best QB on the board, is a great plan.


Miller is a goner in 2018 and Engram is a 1st round pick in any other draft. You can literally just stick him in the slot this season if you want and watch him destroy NBs.

I mean Kizer isn't even a first round pick in a bad QB class... why is taking him in round 2 considered great?

Engram and Kizer have an equal amount of potential. You write that as if Engram is 100% a sure thing. Aaron Curry was a sure thing, too. If the Bears feel good about Kizer, you take Kizer 10/10 times.


I'm so tired of that freakin' argument: "There's no such thing as a sure thing; if you like someone you should take him." I mean no kidding. Water's wet and the sky is blue.

No, this is a fanbase clamoring for a QB and they see Kizer as someone that could fall to them in round 2. It's not because he's good, it's not because he's accurate or a leader or any of that. He's nothing but a young QB that gives some people hope and lets them forget that Mike Glennon is probably going to be our starter for the next two seasons at minimum.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2621
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Path to the Draft Mock 3 Rounds Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
NFLN spent a couple minutes talking about the Bears and what we might do in the draft. Their 3 round mock was:

DL Jonathan Allen
QB DeShone Kizer
TE Gerald Everett

Would this be a good 3 rounds?

Wouldn't hate it but it would be pretty disappointing to miss out on all the DB talent when this team is so devoid.


That's what taking Kizer in round 2 does for ya. I'd rather go Engram there and DB in round 3.

Well no. They have Zach Miller and they signed Dion Shannon Sharpe Sims. Taking Kizer in round 2, if he's the best QB on the board, is a great plan.


Miller is a goner in 2018 and Engram is a 1st round pick in any other draft. You can literally just stick him in the slot this season if you want and watch him destroy NBs.

I mean Kizer isn't even a first round pick in a bad QB class... why is taking him in round 2 considered great?

Engram and Kizer have an equal amount of potential. You write that as if Engram is 100% a sure thing. Aaron Curry was a sure thing, too. If the Bears feel good about Kizer, you take Kizer 10/10 times.


I'm so tired of that freakin' argument: "There's no such thing as a sure thing; if you like someone you should take him."

No, this is a fanbase clamoring for a QB and they see Kizer as someone that could fall to them in round 2. It's not because he's good, it's not because he's accurate or a leader or any of that. He's nothing but a young QB that gives some people hope and lets them forget that Mike Glennon is probably going to be our starter for the next two seasons at minimum.

How is that an argument? It's a fact. If Kizer has a higher grade than Engram on Pace's board, you take Kizer. If it's Engram with a higher grade, take Engram. IMO, I'd still take the QB even if he's a rung or two below Engram on the big board in that I'm willing to risk that on a potentially great QB than a potentially great TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16322
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kizer has a ton of talent. If he didn't play at Notre Dame for a psychopath he probably would go back to school and be a 1st round pick in 2018.

Circumstances forced him out. Now the Bears could have a chance to land a guy with 1st round talent, in the 2nd round, and develop him for a year.

Win-win.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16322
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take Kizer if his grade is close to Engrams.

I am not sure how many spots on my big board I am willing to over look for a QB, but if Engram is my 29th player and Kizer is my 39th player I am taking Kizer.

Positional value dictates a little bit of a departure from your board.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6761
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears also could take a dude who just won a National Championship and was being talked about as a potential #1 overall pick.

Is that win-win too? Because it's not going to happen.


I mean, forgive my vigor here because I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk, but have people forgotten that Pace loves Mike Glennon? High grade on him during the draft process, tried to trade for him twice, and now threw a bunch of money at him when no other team was even near his ballpark. And we're going to skip allllllllllll the 2nd round talent because Deshone Kizer could maybe have been a 1st round pick on a non-psychopath coached team?
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7


Last edited by G08 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Epyon


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 423
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was the draft strategy, it means Allen overcame his poor combine to convince both Pace and Fangio, as well as was cleared medical checks on his shoulders.... And pace had at least some faith in Kizer....

So in that respect, yeah sure to that draft...

That being said, from the more limited information I have as a fan, from my own research on the prospects as a hobby, I want little to nothing to do with that draft..... Allen tested horribly at the combine and has medical concerns on his shoulders.... Kizer is borderline undraftable to me accuracy wise, and that's before his questionable decision making. Everett I'm indifferent on, but not taking any DBs in the first 3 rounds is a very risky proposition, considering that's where all the value is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group