You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Raiders Stuff v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 6969
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.


I would be perfectly fine with both being gone. Howard is decent depth, but at his salary he isnt worth keeping on when that $$ can go to someone who has earned it. McGill was a 4th round pick that hasnt panned out. So I dont care if he is cut this year or not renewed next year, but he def. hasnt earned a new contract.
_________________


Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Doing some off-season poking around and our current compensatory pick situation for 2018 is one 5th rd pick for Watson and three 6th rd picks for Hayden, Allen and Murray.

Malcom Smith and McGee were cancelled out by Patterson and Cook, Trawick was cancelled out by Newhouse and Bates, Holmes and Rivera all fell below the 32 pick total limit and the 4 pick team limit.

Reggie must be looking at 4 extra picks like he won the lottery with the scouting teams success in the later rounds.


We are likely to trade back for one or two as well, like always. Pretty cool. I've been waiting for McKenzie to dig into operating on 12, 13 pick drafts for a while. It hasn't really been possible until now. In fact it's been a long time since Oakland has had a draft with alot of picks.


We had 9 picks last year. I consider that alot. We normally trade back in the late rounds but with 11 picks this time around I wouldn't hold out for more moves IMO. But hey, it's possible. What it really signals to me is that we'll have plenty of turnover next year on the roster as well.
Actually more likely to move up if there is a guy Reggie considers could be an impact playerat some point.


Yeah, that was my thought as well a few posts back.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.


I agree but I have this feeling that Mcgill can earn that last ST spot if he is locked in on ST. He is big and can also play Safety and corner.

I see a way he beats out Hamilton, McDonald or Durden. Hell, if he shines like Trawick did last year, he may earn us a comp pick next year.

But like you said, for being a 4th rd pick, he hasn't progressed like we'd have hoped at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.


I agree but I have this feeling that Mcgill can earn that last ST spot if he is locked in on ST. He is big and can also play Safety and corner.

I see a way he beats out Hamilton, McDonald or Durden. Hell, if he shines like Trawick did last year, he may earn us a comp pick next year.

But like you said, for being a 4th rd pick, he hasn't progressed like we'd have hoped at all.
We usually carry 5 CB's and 5 Safety's, McGill is not a CB that ship has sailed. He could hang on as the 4th or 5th Safety I suppose, we are pretty thin there.
CB
1. Amerson
2. Smith
3. Conley
4. Carrie
5. McDonald/ Hamilton

S
1. Joseph
2. Nelson
3. Melifonwu
4. TBD
5. TBD
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.


I agree but I have this feeling that Mcgill can earn that last ST spot if he is locked in on ST. He is big and can also play Safety and corner.

I see a way he beats out Hamilton, McDonald or Durden. Hell, if he shines like Trawick did last year, he may earn us a comp pick next year.

But like you said, for being a 4th rd pick, he hasn't progressed like we'd have hoped at all.
We usually carry 5 CB's and 5 Safety's, McGill is not a CB that ship has sailed. He could hang on as the 4th or 5th Safety I suppose, we are pretty thin there.
CB
1. Amerson
2. Smith
3. Conley
4. Carrie
5. McDonald/ Hamilton

S
1. Joseph
2. Nelson
3. Melifonwu
4. TBD
5. TBD


I didn't say he is a corner. I said he can play corner. It's was strictly to point out that IF he excels he has more than one tool in his bag which could give him a leg up on grabbing one of the final DB roster spots. Not a judgement on his play.

If you were gonna break it down to strictly CB or S, your above depth chart estimate looks about right. But camp has just started and between now and the season anything can happen.

I think those final 2-4 DB (meaning cb and s) spots, depending on if we keep 9,10 or 11 guys, will be the most hotly contested IMO. The young safeties we have in Luani, Cioffi and Jefferson will make it hard if McGill doesn't really step up. But I don't think he has been written off at all. Special teams will be the decider IMO.

Like I said, if McGill can contribute in ST he could earn a deal somewhere else next year (and gets us a comp pick), while a guy like Jefferson or Cioffi could sit on the practice squad for a year and learn. I don't think that part is overlooked by the staff and FO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.


I agree but I have this feeling that Mcgill can earn that last ST spot if he is locked in on ST. He is big and can also play Safety and corner.

I see a way he beats out Hamilton, McDonald or Durden. Hell, if he shines like Trawick did last year, he may earn us a comp pick next year.

But like you said, for being a 4th rd pick, he hasn't progressed like we'd have hoped at all.
We usually carry 5 CB's and 5 Safety's, McGill is not a CB that ship has sailed. He could hang on as the 4th or 5th Safety I suppose, we are pretty thin there.
CB
1. Amerson
2. Smith
3. Conley
4. Carrie
5. McDonald/ Hamilton

S
1. Joseph
2. Nelson
3. Melifonwu
4. TBD
5. TBD


I didn't say he is a corner. I said he can play corner. It's was strictly to point out that IF he excels he has more than one tool in his bag which could give him a leg up on grabbing one of the final DB roster spots. Not a judgement on his play.

If you were gonna break it down to strictly CB or S, your above depth chart estimate looks about right. But camp has just started and between now and the season anything can happen.

I think those final 2-4 DB (meaning cb and s) spots, depending on if we keep 9,10 or 11 guys, will be the most hotly contested IMO. The young safeties we have in Luani, Cioffi and Jefferson will make it hard if McGill doesn't really step up. But I don't think he has been written off at all. Special teams will be the decider IMO.

Like I said, if McGill can contribute in ST he could earn a deal somewhere else next year (and gets us a comp pick), while a guy like Jefferson or Cioffi could sit on the practice squad for a year and learn. I don't think that part is overlooked by the staff and FO.
Well that football playing jessie Shalom Luani showed up at mini camp and is supposed to be solid on ST, if that continues, that imo really only leaves 1 spot. But yeah we agree.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
2 Cuts I'm 99% sure are going to happen Austin Howard and Keith McGill.

Newhouse was decent last year and we have a bunch of young guy's to compete at the RT position. Plus we save $5M in cap space.

McGill hasn't developed and drafting 2 DB's high plus some holdovers who seem to be progressing more, doesn't leave room for him.


I agree but I have this feeling that Mcgill can earn that last ST spot if he is locked in on ST. He is big and can also play Safety and corner.

I see a way he beats out Hamilton, McDonald or Durden. Hell, if he shines like Trawick did last year, he may earn us a comp pick next year.

But like you said, for being a 4th rd pick, he hasn't progressed like we'd have hoped at all.
We usually carry 5 CB's and 5 Safety's, McGill is not a CB that ship has sailed. He could hang on as the 4th or 5th Safety I suppose, we are pretty thin there.
CB
1. Amerson
2. Smith
3. Conley
4. Carrie
5. McDonald/ Hamilton

S
1. Joseph
2. Nelson
3. Melifonwu
4. TBD
5. TBD


I didn't say he is a corner. I said he can play corner. It's was strictly to point out that IF he excels he has more than one tool in his bag which could give him a leg up on grabbing one of the final DB roster spots. Not a judgement on his play.

If you were gonna break it down to strictly CB or S, your above depth chart estimate looks about right. But camp has just started and between now and the season anything can happen.

I think those final 2-4 DB (meaning cb and s) spots, depending on if we keep 9,10 or 11 guys, will be the most hotly contested IMO. The young safeties we have in Luani, Cioffi and Jefferson will make it hard if McGill doesn't really step up. But I don't think he has been written off at all. Special teams will be the decider IMO.

Like I said, if McGill can contribute in ST he could earn a deal somewhere else next year (and gets us a comp pick), while a guy like Jefferson or Cioffi could sit on the practice squad for a year and learn. I don't think that part is overlooked by the staff and FO.


Well that football playing jessie Shalom Luani showed up at mini camp and is supposed to be solid on ST, if that continues, that imo really only leaves 1 spot. But yeah we agree.


Yeah if. They are pretty even in value right now IMO, which isn't a great think for a 4yr player taken in the 4th rd but still would get him on the roster most likely.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to make light of injuries, but Menelik Watson, say's start of camp lost weight to avoid injuries, Watson leaves field with Injury. Maybe we dodged a bullet no paying him.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAIII returns
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
GAIII returns


And we're back to 90. Glad to see him back. The browns grabbed from us after Richard surprised everyone. Now that Jones is gone, he has a chance to fight for that 4th or even 5th RB position if we keep that many.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/891371032174514176

Vic Tafur‏Verified account @VicTafur

Conley, Ward, Feliciano on physically unable to perform list just released; Irvin and Edwards on Non-Football Injury
11:53 AM - 29 Jul 2017

I hope all these guys are just minor issues and we get to full strength here pretty quick. They all are pretty important,
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3813
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
GAIII returns

EA or whatever name he'll post under will be squirting all over his keyboard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills just signed Taiwan Jones.

Now two teams have signed four of our special teams standouts from last year. The titans graded Bates and Trawick and the Bills now have Jones and Holmes. Adding in Nate Allen going to Mia, Sealy is gonna have his work cut out for him to field another great unit like those guys.

I think guys like Patterson, Holton, Hood, Adams, Cowser, Harris, Sheldon, Luani, Durden, McGill and McDonald all have a chance to earn some money next year if they step into those vacancies.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 24271
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers injury bug has already started.

@RapSheet wrote:
Another bad one: The #Chargers believe OL Forrest Lamp has suffered a torn ACL, source said. That's the initial diagnosis.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/892876235180736512

Their 2nd round pick this year.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group