You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Raiders Stuff v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
or just dont want to overrate him over a partial season like we did with amerson

Riley had a Top 7-8 ILB season last year but I do agree that probably won't be replicated. But he will still provide at least a Top 20 ILB season which is a million times better than what we have right now.

I love how people think they know how a guy will perform before he has even taken the field in pads...

You think on any planet James, Lee, or Heeney would have a better season than Riley? I like Lee's potential but I'm not expecting much out of his first season. James I love as a special teams player but he's not the answer. Heeney is just terrible..

I'm saying that I don't know just like you don't.

On that logic, why even debate? Riley clearly based on his on the field performances last year would be a better option than Heeney or James, barring a big improvement by either.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
or just dont want to overrate him over a partial season like we did with amerson

Riley had a Top 7-8 ILB season last year but I do agree that probably won't be replicated. But he will still provide at least a Top 20 ILB season which is a million times better than what we have right now.

I love how people think they know how a guy will perform before he has even taken the field in pads...

You think on any planet James, Lee, or Heeney would have a better season than Riley? I like Lee's potential but I'm not expecting much out of his first season. James I love as a special teams player but he's not the answer. Heeney is just terrible..

I'm saying that I don't know just like you don't.

On that logic, why even debate? Riley clearly based on his on the field performances last year would be a better option than Heeney or James, barring a big improvement by either.

And how do you know that Heeney or James won't make that improvement or that Lee won't perform well in the role.

I understand what Bay was saying that started this. That he'd feel more comfortable with the proven guy even just for depth. I was just taking issue with the emphasis you put on it (a million times better). I just have more faith in our guys, whether it be the front office or the coaches or the players.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riley would be better though, a lot. Those three should be starting on any team. Riley has Top 10 ILB potential like he displayed last season.

Yes, technically we "don't know". That's like saying we don't know if Aaron Rodgers will be better than Blaine Gabbert. Yeah.. technically we don't know. This is a football forum where we discuss these kinds of things though. If we use the "don't know" logic, we'd almost never have anything to discuss besides game recaps.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Riley would be better though, a lot. Those three should be starting on any team. Riley has Top 10 ILB potential like he displayed last season.

Yes, technically we "don't know". That's like saying we don't know if Aaron Rodgers will be better than Blaine Gabbert. Yeah.. technically we don't know. This is a football forum where we discuss these kinds of things though. If we use the "don't know" logic, we'd almost never have anything to discuss besides game recaps.

Guess you didn't read the whole comment.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 3h3 hours ago
More
Per source, the owners just passed a resolution eliminating the 75-man cutdown. So now, there'll be just one cutdown day -- 90 to 53.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVPshehjWQy/

I love that our punter's got jokes for their punt returner haha!

Last edited by NightTrainLane on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jano says he wants to be on the Las Vegas Raiders in 3 years.

Don't think he'll last that long. Sorry Jano, love ya man, but first sign of decline you're out of here. Can't have a Super Bowl team with a declining kicker.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Jano says he wants to be on the Las Vegas Raiders in 3 years.

Don't think he'll last that long. Sorry Jano, love ya man, but first sign of decline you're out of here. Can't have a Super Bowl team with a declining kicker.

Like many of us say to cover our butts from rebuttal these days, you never know. His last contracted year is this year but I have a feeling he will get one more deal. 2-3yrs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this so here it is...
Looking at current needs and next seasons needs as expected...
Our young Core studs:

QB Carr
DE Mack
WR Cooper
G Osemele
C Hudson
G Jackson

Past Pro Bowlers or potential future ones if lucky and solid players:

WR Crabtree
TE Cook
TE Walford (still have hope)
RB Lynch
RB Richard
RB Washington
DE Edwards
DT Ward (hope)
DE Calhoun (hope)
DT Vanderdoes
LB Irvin
CB Smith
CB Amerson
CB Conley
S Joseph
S Melifonwu

Depth
T Sharpe
G/T Alexander
G/T Newhouse
WR/KR Patterson
DT Latham
LB James
LB Heeney
LB Lee

All the above players have at least 2 seasons under contract.

Expected departures after this season...
T Penn retire
S Nelson retire
CB Carrie
LB Jenkins
DE Autry
DT Ellis
WR Roberts
TE Smith

So really the only things we need now is LB's and add Tackles next season.
If LB's get cut late, I could see these cuts happening to make cap room.

Cuts
T Howard saves 9 mil over next two seasons
K Seabass saves 4 mil now
TE Smith almost 3 mil now

With so many other fans bashing us for Gabe's contract/paying two Guards 20+ it really got me to think about what we really need. We really don't have many needs and we've got flexibility if need be.
Other than the Pats who expect vets to take discounts, I'd say we've got one of the best roster's for talent/depth/vets and potential.
It's probably just the HOMER in me dohhh but things are looking REALLY GOOD. As soon as next off-season begins, ad Mack's 6 year 120mil after his 5th year opt and get ready to let the good times roll...
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some off-season poking around and our current compensatory pick situation for 2018 is one 5th rd pick for Watson and three 6th rd picks for Hayden, Allen and Murray.

Malcom Smith and McGee were cancelled out by Patterson and Cook, Trawick was cancelled out by Newhouse and Bates, Holmes and Rivera all fell below the 32 pick total limit and the 4 pick team limit.

Reggie must be looking at 4 extra picks like he won the lottery with the scouting teams success in the later rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Doing some off-season poking around and our current compensatory pick situation for 2018 is one 5th rd pick for Watson and three 6th rd picks for Hayden, Allen and Murray.

Malcom Smith and McGee were cancelled out by Patterson and Cook, Trawick was cancelled out by Newhouse and Bates, Holmes and Rivera all fell below the 32 pick total limit and the 4 pick team limit.

Reggie must be looking at 4 extra picks like he won the lottery with the scouting teams success in the later rounds.

We are likely to trade back for one or two as well, like always. Pretty cool. I've been waiting for McKenzie to dig into operating on 12, 13 pick drafts for a while. It hasn't really been possible until now. In fact it's been a long time since Oakland has had a draft with alot of picks.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

We are likely to trade back for one or two as well, like always. Pretty cool. I've been waiting for McKenzie to dig into operating on 12, 13 pick drafts for a while. It hasn't really been possible until now. In fact it's been a long time since Oakland has had a draft with alot of picks.

We had 9 picks last year. I consider that alot. We normally trade back in the late rounds but with 11 picks this time around I wouldn't hold out for more moves IMO. But hey, it's possible. What it really signals to me is that we'll have plenty of turnover next year on the roster as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

We had 9 picks last year. I consider that alot. We normally trade back in the late rounds but with 11 picks this time around I wouldn't hold out for more moves IMO. But hey, it's possible. What it really signals to me is that we'll have plenty of turnover next year on the roster as well.

I'm talking 12, 13 picks. Every year some team has that many. Not that it makes a huge difference because we're good in UDFA afterward. Still, as a fan's amusement it's nice to see the comp pick cycle start for us.
And even with those I expect McKenzie to keep going. I think he knows not to stop running the methods that got you where you are. And I don't think any amount of picks will keep him from making deals that make sense to him.

Yep, we will have turnover. Plug and play those rookie deals, let the middling guys go and get more picks. That's the cycle in action.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

I'm talking 12, 13 picks. Every year some team has that many. Not that it makes a huge difference because we're good in UDFA afterward. Still, as a fan's amusement it's nice to see the comp pick cycle start for us.
And even with those I expect McKenzie to keep going. I think he knows not to stop running the methods that got you where you are. And I don't think any amount of picks will keep him from making deals that make sense to him.

Yep, we will have turnover. Plug and play those rookie deals, let the middling guys go and get more picks. That's the cycle in action.

Yeah, I don't expect to see to much action in terms of more picks with the sheer # we have already. It's one think to say let's add 13 rookies draft picks to the roster and another think to do it, especially after we just added 9 last year plus 3 UDFAs. I don't think Reggie is gonna change or pass up deals because of #s but I think it's more likely we move up or atleast break even after any moves are made.

Here is the list of guys I think get decent deals elsewhere and thus are turned into decent comp picks or are just not resigned.
1 Penn
2 Carrie
3 Jano
4 L.Smith
5 Autry
6 Ellis
7 Nelson
8 T.Jones
9 Condo
10 Jenkins
11 McGill

And on top of that the only guys we couldn't cut next year because it would be a bad financial decision because of dead money are Carr, Jackson, Cooper, Joseph and, presumably, Mack and Conley, when their deals get done.

Everyone else is expendable financially. We could go into 2018 with a very different looking roster depending on how we do this year. Reggie and his team have really handled this rebuild masterfully. Correct me if I'm wrong but no one else is contending and still super flexible with their cap like us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

Actually more likely to move up if there is a guy Reggie considers could be an impact playerat some point.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: