Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Raiders Stuff v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3072
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Look, I'm not saying Zamora will end up being some kind of star. He looks like he has #3 WR potential.

Roberts needs to earn his job. I'm thinking Mickens might overtake him this year. He's hungry, grinding his way from the bottom. IMO robert has been handed the role thus far.


Roberts was an UDFA, made the roster and beat out Streater, Holmes, etc. He came from the bottom as well. Just saying.


I mean we can argue that he beat out Holmes, and I can't disagree, but Holmes still drastically outperformed him in the playoff game against Houston. He was one of the few players who showed up.

If we have legit #3 WR competition, Roberts will definitely lose. He is easily one of the worst starting WR's in the NFL.

If he improves, great, I'll be thrilled. But he did almost nothing considering how many targets he got last year. What a waste it was. Cook will take those targets IMO unless someone else emerges.


I was gonna write up a whole thing but whatever you wanna believe.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7991
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Look, I'm not saying Zamora will end up being some kind of star. He looks like he has #3 WR potential.

Roberts needs to earn his job. I'm thinking Mickens might overtake him this year. He's hungry, grinding his way from the bottom. IMO robert has been handed the role thus far.


Roberts was an UDFA, made the roster and beat out Streater, Holmes, etc. He came from the bottom as well. Just saying.


I mean we can argue that he beat out Holmes, and I can't disagree, but Holmes still drastically outperformed him in the playoff game against Houston. He was one of the few players who showed up.

If we have legit #3 WR competition, Roberts will definitely lose. He is easily one of the worst starting WR's in the NFL.

If he improves, great, I'll be thrilled. But he did almost nothing considering how many targets he got last year. What a waste it was. Cook will take those targets IMO unless someone else emerges.


I was gonna write up a whole thing but whatever you wanna believe.


I'm not trying to argue semantics. I'm not saying he's the coaching staff's darling. The competition was weak for him.

But honestly, do you see a guy who has the talent to become a star? I don't see it anymore. I used to, but seeing some of the talented slots on other teams, I definitely feel like he hasn't taken advantage of Carr's trust in him.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3072
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Look, I'm not saying Zamora will end up being some kind of star. He looks like he has #3 WR potential.

Roberts needs to earn his job. I'm thinking Mickens might overtake him this year. He's hungry, grinding his way from the bottom. IMO robert has been handed the role thus far.


Roberts was an UDFA, made the roster and beat out Streater, Holmes, etc. He came from the bottom as well. Just saying.


I mean we can argue that he beat out Holmes, and I can't disagree, but Holmes still drastically outperformed him in the playoff game against Houston. He was one of the few players who showed up.

If we have legit #3 WR competition, Roberts will definitely lose. He is easily one of the worst starting WR's in the NFL.

If he improves, great, I'll be thrilled. But he did almost nothing considering how many targets he got last year. What a waste it was. Cook will take those targets IMO unless someone else emerges.


I was gonna write up a whole thing but whatever you wanna believe.


I'm not trying to argue semantics. I'm not saying he's the coaching staff's darling. The competition was weak for him.

But honestly, do you see a guy who has the talent to become a star? I don't see it anymore. I used to, but seeing some of the talented slots on other teams, I definitely feel like he hasn't taken advantage of Carr's trust in him.


Whatever you say.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17040
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://justblogbaby.com/2017/01/30/oakland-raiders-a-year-in-review-seth-roberts/

Quote:
Roberts, a former undrafted free agent out of South Alabama, boasted a 6.5 percent drop rate in 2016, the fourth-highest rate among NFL receivers drawing 50 or more targets, per Sporting Charts. He had similar problems with drops in 2015, as he finished the year with 7.3 percent drop rate.


Quote:
Given said efforts, Roberts earned little love from Pro Football Focus in now back-to-back seasons. He earned a career-low season grade at 48.3, solidifying his rank as the 111th best receiver in the NFL, per PFF. He earned a 53.7 overall grade in 2015.

_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 16666
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://justblogbaby.com/2017/01/30/oakland-raiders-a-year-in-review-seth-roberts/

Quote:
Roberts, a former undrafted free agent out of South Alabama, boasted a 6.5 percent drop rate in 2016, the fourth-highest rate among NFL receivers drawing 50 or more targets, per Sporting Charts. He had similar problems with drops in 2015, as he finished the year with 7.3 percent drop rate.


Quote:
Given said efforts, Roberts earned little love from Pro Football Focus in now back-to-back seasons. He earned a career-low season grade at 48.3, solidifying his rank as the 111th best receiver in the NFL, per PFF. He earned a 53.7 overall grade in 2015.


just curious what are coops are crabs drop %?

not a seth fan just curious

also we looked pathetic when coop got hurt last year so more option would be great i could see the zamora dude filling Holmes role if he works out
_________________
green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SilverNBlackFan


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 7932
Location: R.I.P Al Davis 1929-2011
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would seriously rather have DHB starting for us over Roberts - he is awful and should be a #5/ST. He makes so many mistakes, at least once a game that costs us. I think he even made Derek "Tebow" Carr curse for running the wrong route in the Colts game.

I like Patterson and think he will have a role, but I doubt he'll beat out Seth. I think Jordan Matthews from Philly would be perfect for this offense. Perfect. But Reggie will never do that....
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I'm beside myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7991
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:


Whatever you say.


Are you related to roberts bro? Laughing

oakdb36 wrote:
http://justblogbaby.com/2017/01/30/oakland-raiders-a-year-in-review-seth-roberts/

Quote:
Roberts, a former undrafted free agent out of South Alabama, boasted a 6.5 percent drop rate in 2016, the fourth-highest rate among NFL receivers drawing 50 or more targets, per Sporting Charts. He had similar problems with drops in 2015, as he finished the year with 7.3 percent drop rate.


Quote:
Given said efforts, Roberts earned little love from Pro Football Focus in now back-to-back seasons. He earned a career-low season grade at 48.3, solidifying his rank as the 111th best receiver in the NFL, per PFF. He earned a 53.7 overall grade in 2015.

_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3072
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:


Whatever you say.


Are you related to roberts bro? Laughing



no
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17040
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

just curious what are coops are crabs drop %?


Cooper: 2.3
Crabtree: 6.2
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 12482
Location: Lehigh Valley
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
I would seriously rather have DHB starting for us over Roberts - he is awful and should be a #5/ST. He makes so many mistakes, at least once a game that costs us. I think he even made Derek "Tebow" Carr curse for running the wrong route in the Colts game.

I like Patterson and think he will have a role, but I doubt he'll beat out Seth. I think Jordan Matthews from Philly would be perfect for this offense. Perfect. But Reggie will never do that....


DHB would have the same drops without the clutch plays. Matthews drops a lot of passes to.
_________________
R A I D E R S | 7 6 E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8683
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we knew Carr was going to be good, but man what happened to Denarius Moore?

https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/861341277958189056
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 9360
Location: California
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
When we knew Carr was going to be good, but man what happened to Denarius Moore?

https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/861341277958189056


Brice Butler
Rivera
Holmes
Moore
Greg Little

Yikes that was a rough period
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 16666
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

just curious what are coops are crabs drop %?


Cooper: 2.3
Crabtree: 6.2


dam 6.5 to crabs 6.2

wrs gotta step it up
_________________
green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drfrey13


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 1441
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

just curious what are coops are crabs drop %?


Cooper: 2.3
Crabtree: 6.2


dam 6.5 to crabs 6.2

wrs gotta step it up


I believe we have been one of the worst teams in the league the past couple of years for number of drops. I am not sure were we rank in drop percentage. Crabtree and Roberts drove me crazy last year. It was not that they dropped balls it was that they dropped easy passes that could have made games much easier to win. There would have been a few more blowouts last year if those two became more consistent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17040
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

just curious what are coops are crabs drop %?


Cooper: 2.3
Crabtree: 6.2


dam 6.5 to crabs 6.2

wrs gotta step it up


I believe we have been one of the worst teams in the league the past couple of years for number of drops. I am not sure were we rank in drop percentage. Crabtree and Roberts drove me crazy last year. It was not that they dropped balls it was that they dropped easy passes that could have made games much easier to win. There would have been a few more blowouts last year if those two became more consistent.


Last season, Carr had the highest dropped passes percentage amongst QBs with 500 attempts or more at 4.82.

That's why i like Keon Hatcher's chances to make the team. He's known for his sure hands. He's not fast but he does everything else pretty well.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group